DC vs NYRBMF

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by shawn12011, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll be out automatically for the next game, and possibly two games, if the Dis Co thinks his foul was bad enough to warrant it.

2. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's great, all we needed.

3. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe if Olsen actually starts Acosta with Kamara, good things will happen.

Hedbal, Winoman and JRHokie repped this.
  4. StevenPrada

StevenPrada Member

Jan 26, 2001
    If the ball isn't in play, or the action occurs away from playing distance from the ball (I forget the exact criteria on this one, it's been about 10 years since I refereed), then it is misconduct, not a foul. If play is stopped for misconduct then the restart is a dropped ball, but if the ball wasn't in play then the reason for the restart doesn't change.

Winoman and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  5. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Mad props to whoever threw their shoe at the ref.

Eastern Bear, Winoman and fatbastard repped this.
  6. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About every other game there is a F U Ref chant.
    Somewhere, usually behind the goal - it rarely makes it very far even in times (about half) that it's justified. Wed. night was the first time I heard it loudly in section 130 and even further toward midfield. Often.
    I hope the ref was scared walking to his car.

The pouring rain literally dampened my seething anger on the long walk back to my car. Left me with only despair.

yabo, sitruc, shawn12011 and 2 others repped this.
  7. JRHokie

JRHokie Member+

Aug 23, 2001
    Fairfax, VA
    So, the ball was in play but if the criteria "away from playing distance of the ball" then i get it sort of. It occurred while ball was in play and heading to where the misconduct occurred so it seems a bit sketchy to me. Not sure if that changes it. Guess not. Refs seem to consider that play a lot more than they considered the penalty in 2nd half

8. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course it did. This game was a catastrophic loss for the good guys and puts us in an unfavorable position tomorrow night in Philadelphia what with Rooney being unable to play. Beyond that, there's a possibility that if Rooney gets a two game suspension and will have to miss our "must win" away game at Montreal, who is now breathing on our heels.

In other words, NYRB have now leapfrogged us for fourth place in the Eastern Conference and it's entirely possible that by midnight on August 31st, New England and Montreal will have both leapfrogged us - leaving us clinging for dear life in the very last qualifying playoff spot with a little more than month to go in the regular season.

9. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    not unexpected - Rooney suspension extended to 2 games, so he misses this week's game v Montreal. But hey, he might be rested enough to actually suit up against Puebla....

Enquiring minds wonder - will he actually play the last 2 home games....?

sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  10. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least the first one, he could get carded again before the last one if he wants :cool:

Winoman repped this.
  11. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really want to see him work a full match with Kamara (and maybe Acosta as well). But his petulance may make that impossible.