PBP: DC United vs RSL, Saturday, 3/16, 8 PM

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by pr0ner, Mar 14, 2019.

1. nick

nick Member+

Nov 23, 1998
    Potomac Falls, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate to say this but Flo is having problems defining the blackout area. All of Md is supposed to be blacked out. This may be a one-off until they have this figured out.

sitruc repped this.
  2. nick

nick Member+

Nov 23, 1998
    Potomac Falls, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rodriguez gets a goal of the year candidate and you don't have him on the team of the week.

3. DCUSA

DCUSA Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct

4. yabo

yabo Member+

Jun 1, 2000
    Poolesville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the dcunited.com site:

D.C. United Season Ticket Members or Supporters Group Members
    • All season ticket members have been sent an email with a direct link to purchase an annual subscription. This discounted subscription is available with a one-time payment of $71.88 (average of $5.99/month).
    • This discounted subscription can also be purchased by logging in to your Account Managerand clicking the "Purchase FloFC Subscription" button at the bottom of the page.
    • If you have any questions about accessing this Member-exclusive discounted rate, please contact your Account Executive.
    Non-Members
    • A FloFC subscription can be purchased at a discounted rate of $8.99/month by clicking the link below. You will then be re-directed to FloFC.com to complete your sign-up, which will give you immediate access to stream D.C. United matches and content.

Winoman repped this.
  5. yabo

yabo Member+

Jun 1, 2000
    Poolesville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And when I tried to email them at the only contact address they had, tickets@dcunited.com, it bounced. F*cking bad service.

Winoman repped this.
  6. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

to quote Admiral Akbar "It's a trap!!!!!"

Winoman, asitis and yabo repped this.
  7. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don’t even need to be a member to get the $71 rate. If you click the account manager link and then click the watch dc united live link it takes you to Flo and gets you the $71 rate

sitruc, MattR, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  8. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

That Robinson dude was the best player for Atlanta and saved his crappy GK's bacon at least once, likely more.

Winoman, stangspritzring and tallguy repped this.
  9. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    I thought Rooney and Moreno were locks from Saturday. Nice to see Jara got some notice as well. I remember late in the NYCFC game when Hamid had palmed away a header at close range, Jara just blocked out his attacker until the ball could be cleared. That was a game saving "non tackle" that showed real poise and intelligence. Big upgrade. Anyone still missing Nicky?

ejs1111, song219, Eastern Bear and 2 others repped this.
  10. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The combination of Jara and Mora has to be United's best pair of outside backs in years.

Dizi, USSoccerNova, garbaggio and 10 others repped this.
  11. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Might be the best fullback combo in MLS today.

ejs1111, bigredfutbol, asitis and 3 others repped this.
  12. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    I miss Nick, in that he was one of those guys who was around for a long time, found a lot of different ways to contribute, but he was never going to be on this roster at his current salary nor was he going to beat out either of our FBs.

13. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nick was a mainstay who gave his heart everytine out.

That said, I wasn’t too chuffed seeing him get peppered over the weekend.

14. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Oh I miss Nicky too. However, when you consider the play of his replacement and Nicky's current salary, the choice was a no-brainer. What is overlooked in the play of Mora and Jara is that both Birnbaum and Brillant can remain more central in the defense because they know the flanks are covered. Couple that fact with Canouse and Moreno sitting in front of them, B&B look a hell of a lot better than they did last year, especially early on.

Hedbal, John L and Petworth Posse repped this.
  15. Petworth Posse

Feb 24, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    The bigger question is, why did we hold on to him for so long? All heart and no talent.

16. GumbyG

GumbyG Member+

DC United
    Mar 22, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd contend he has both. We held on to him for the heart, but only because we knew he had talent. He developed head problems when it came to the opponent's 18 that he could never resolve while he was here. If he'd continued to put up 5/5s as a RW and stayed healthy, he'd have been our starter there for many years.

Toronto got a good player, and they're using him well. He's already 1/1 in two games started. Can't ask more than that. Arriola's 1/0 in three.

stangspritzring and Real Mobile repped this.
  17. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Didn't have a soccer brain. All heart. I'm not sure what you mean by "Talent". Occasionally (and ONLY occasionally) he exhibited skill. But he didn't have a soccer brain. Under Ben five years ago, that was OK since he had all heart. But not so much anymore.

The last two years as we upgraded significantly at outside back and outside mid, he could be a good versatile emergency late game sub. But not anymore. Former starters ahead of him are now on the bench.

Dizi, Winoman, griffin1108 and 1 other person repped this.
  18. GumbyG

GumbyG Member+

DC United
    Mar 22, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree we have upgraded, and Nick moving on is a blessing for everyone.

UnitedBorn, ejs1111 and Winoman repped this.
  19. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    For a long time Nick was an athletic player on a pretty unathletic team, which made him a useful asset. But he now has long-term knee problems without the talent to compensate so it's best to move on.

John L and asitis repped this.