Pre-match: DC United vs. Philthy - USOC

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Jun 10, 2019.

1. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally, the one game that could be easily counted by scanned tickets - and they say "about" :rolleyes:

I was kind of surprised how many people were in the East side boxes - no more than a spattering in the actual "stands" but plenty folks up high.

The box office to pick up my printed tix was way slower than it should have been with only one option of seats: GA West (GA North was only for supporter groups I think) so it should have been; how many you want? Here. But I heard at least two different prices mentioned (possible that the $15 I heard was for someone who was a season ticket holder and wanted extras, all others I heard were $20, lots I couldn't hear.
    They were back to an individual line for each window instead of just one line again which is way slower unless you get lucky with the exact line you pick - like the guy who came up behind us then switched lines got served while 2 people were still in front of me in my line.
    And there was no specific will-call type window to help things move faster.
    Since they do the stupid smartphone ticketing - I got to hear everyone's phone number who was near me - that seems unsecure.

sitruc repped this.
  2. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NYCFC game is June 19 at 7 PM.

Note for those who are likely to go that the Nats are playing at the same time, and parking will be at a premium.

3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dammit - probably no way I can park in my regular lot then ........ might have to skip the game.

Winoman repped this.
  4. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your lot is available on SpotHero right now, but it's also $40.

fatbastard repped this.
  5. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, mass transit will be awful, as well.

6. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    For a USOC match in the middle of the week, that was an outstanding turnout -- I really don't know what you expect. Look at the ********ing Colorado-NM game last night, a nice picture of empty seats and a few NM traveling fans.

YoungRef87, Winoman and shawn12011 repped this.
  7. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Already gone. I grabbed a spot in the parking garage under All Purpose and the Salt Line -- $55.:eek: At least I have a spot and can cancel for a refund if I decide I'm not going to the game.

Winoman repped this.
  8. captinboondoggle

Aug 31, 2001
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if this has been mentioned -
    If you search SpotHero for the Nats game for the 19th the lot at 1880 2nd street is only $25. Usually $55 for DCU. 5-11pm.

sitruc, Funkfoot and Winoman repped this.
  9. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I read 2 thousand somewhere - could that be?

10. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that when I opened Parking Panda this morning! Bought them immediately - then went and bought game tickets - hopefully they'll allow tailgating.
    My pass says 6pm but I can't get to DC that late so hopefully they'll let me in at 4 or 4:30 when I get there :)

Thank you for mentioning it, not sure how I did not see this post on Friday.

Winoman repped this.