DC United Salaries

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Hedbal, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goff has a link to MLS salaries. Boscovic re-signed for less than half his previous contract, which shows how much he wants to remain here rather than chase bigger bucks abroad. He has said publicly that he is grateful to the club for sticking with him through a long rehabilitation from a serious injury.

The list shows that Hamdi Salihi, who doesn't get much playing time (which he should, IMO), now makes twice Bosko's compensation. And the biggest bargains on the team are Woolard and Neal. I hope Daniel Woolard doesn't challenge Bryan Namoff's team record for being most underpaid over his career.

2. Shammypantaloons

Apr 20, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Honestly Woolard's pay is a bit of an issue, but this season's performance outweighs anything he has done in the past, so he will definitely see a pay raise next year. I'm more concerned with this last trade period going bye bye with zero significant movement. The stadium is one thing, but why not use some of our salary space to acquire someone to improve depth? [The Brazilian guy doesn't count, he's essentially a free player/nobody]

3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This window was only for non-free international transfers - we still have tons of time before the roster deadline to bring other players in. I don't see the same pressing need some of you do to do so though :)

4. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surprised and not surprised by those figures. Some other teams though have some real salary issues

5. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    I'm ********ing impressed that Lagerway got Espindola for 125K. Less impressed that he pays Grabavoy more.

6. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Cap space? I'm not sure I'm seeing this alleged cap space. I see us as being pretty close to the max. This mid season was never going to include any major additions, unless we trade something.