Pre-match: DC United - Orlando City 24 September 2016

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DangSkippy, Sep 22, 2016.

1. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    LaCrosse would chew up the field in at least 3 places. Maybe more. It would be disastrous.

fatbastard and Winoman repped this.
  2. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also LAX just sucks in every way. Cfb is not my favorite sport, but it's ok.

fatbastard repped this.
  3. big spaniel

big spaniel Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Arlington, Virginia
    Remember that these universities would have to pay to use the field, and I don't think that they would ever draw enough to make it worthwhile. So that's probably phantom revenue. I've been to Georgetown a couple of times, and their stadium has never been full. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, everybody.) Agree that 19,000 isn't sufficient for important National Team games, but playing friendlies with Peru or New Zealand, it's probably enough. Four friendlies this year and the qualifier with Trinidad and Tobago in Jacksonville this month all drew less than 20,000.

4. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Give Kaka his due as a player who can draw a crowd and think of all the fools who were duped and then disappointed by the Freddy Adu scam.

5. Rick77

Rick77 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW in the cost benefit analysis the team submitted to the Council as part of the stadium deal, there's no projected utilization of the stadium by college football. Outside of soccer, their guesstimate for other utilization is 3 concerts per year drawing 20,000 each and 5 "community events" drawing 4,000 each. In discussion of revenues at other SSS around the league college and high school football is definitely mentioned, so it's not like some sort of oversight for this market, but a conscious omission.

asitis repped this.