DC United License plates - MD, DC and VA

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by John_Harkes_6, Jan 28, 2008.

1. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I was going to a class for two weeks down in Hyattsville, and witnessed two cars with DCU tags...One was 0031, whom I saw as I was making my way to Hard Times for happy hour, and the other was actually parked at the same installation behind fences and gates with guards and guns at which my class was being held, so I was rather surprised. I'm lookin' at you, 0068. I worked in that installation for 7 years and had no idea there was another fanatico.

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That reminds me, I saw one at Reston Town Center about a month ago (probably less).

Unfortunately, it does not remind me what number it was :cool:

3. dadman

dadman Yo soy un papa

DC United
    United States
    Apr 13, 2001
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last week at the Sport & Health Club near Montgomery Mall was 0036, parked one lane away from our 0026. Saw a DCU stadium jacket inside near the racquetball courts, too, that I manfully resisted slipping on and walking out with. :eek:

It was awfully tempting. :)

4. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably had a broken zipper, like mine.

5. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Are the VA plates "live" yet, or are they still collecting apps?

6. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They reported that there was a time limit that passed long ago, so I assumed the time for collecting apps passed without enough to get it approved.

7. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    The original deadline was 30 June, but I thought they had extended it until the end of this month. Seriously, they should just leave it open-ended; we'll eventually get 350 people to get off their asses and submit an application. :rolleyes:

8. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should include an application in VA season ticket holder envelopes. People are lazy bastards.*

*-I base this solely upon observations of myself.**

**-not like that, you pervs.

9. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    *slouches down in chair*
    *looks around guiltily*

10. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *hides behind BigKris*

11. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *Glad to have two big guys in front of me. Easier not to be seen.*

12. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    I remember offering a deposit in the first go 'round on Virginia plates. I agree, that DCU should send a sign-up form to all the Virginia season ticket holders, but they haven't and they probably won't. Instead, I've settled for license plate frames. I asked them to offer motorcycle sized frames so I could put one on my Vespa, but no luck there either.

13. DCU4Life

DCU4Life Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Section 130 RFK
    For the past 10 years I've had a company car and could not pick my VA plates. Now, thanks to a job loss, I finally have my own car. I was so excited to get my DC United plates. Then I found out they don't exist. Is this dead? Or can we get it back on track?

14. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Shouldn't we wait for the relocation decision on this?

15. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm crazy so I'd do it anyway, but this would be my advice to others.

Someday I know my license plate is going to kick me in the nuts every time I walk up to my car in the morning while the team is in St. Louis.

Honestly, it already kinda does. :(

16. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    fyp.

17. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    I know how you feel, but even if the team goes away, I'm going to keep showing this:

[​IMG]

18. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Irony that Maryland got it first when the team might move to Baltimore!

19. DCU4Life

DCU4Life Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Section 130 RFK
    Relocation or not, I want DC United plates to go with my black car when I drive to games this year. I'll figure the rest out later. We seriously couldn't / can't get 350 people on board? Sad.

20. DCU intern

DCU intern New Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that this summer I will be working on getting those 350 Virginia applications...and more... completed so we can finally get these plates.

From what griffin1108 said... if they let me, I will do this. I plan on doing everything I can, minus filling out the form for you, to make sure we get the amount we need.

As far as a deadline... other than ASAP, it would be November. That is when a Representative from DCU's staff has to go to Richmond to present the license plate...again.

This time when someone takes the time to go down there, we want to make sure the 350 applications are done and ready so the legislature will approve the VA plates.

Please let me know of any more ideas you all have that will make the process of completing the application easier. Whether its things like mailing them to season ticket holders, or having applications in the parking lot, we just want to get the 350(and more) completed applications.

Thanks,
    See you all this summer!

-DCU intern

21. Boda United

Boda United Member

Apr 18, 2003
    No. Va.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do I need to fill out another form or is it still "on file" somewhere from the last time?

22. DCU4Life

DCU4Life Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Section 130 RFK
    Thanks, DCU Intern. Where can I get the form?

23. DCU intern

DCU intern New Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United

Boda-

as far as I know, all the applications and money orders are still onfile at the office. I will double check that this weekend.

mselden-

http://ww2.mlsnet.com/t103/pdf/2008/va_license_plate_application.pdf
    that is the link straight to the VA application.

http://ww2.mlsnet.com/t103/fans/license_plates/va/
    this is the link from the old website (I'm still working to get it on the new website) that has all the information on where to send the application and how much it costs. ($10 for standard, $20 for personalized)

***when looking at the old webpage, just remember that the dates are old, and that there is no longer a gift for turning your form in (I am going to try to find a 'new' gift for this year, if they let me)***

24. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <THWACK! THWACK!>

Keep working slave!

25. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    I was part of one of the Virginia attempts many years ago, if those are the applications on file, the check accompanying the application would not be honored today at my bank.

Unfortunately, I think this is a back to square one proposition. I would suggest one or more of the following:

A table for sign ups in front of east, north and west entrances on a rotating basis

A direct mailing to DCU season ticket plan holders residing in Virginia. I realize that is expensive, but the license plates are good advertising and PR.

Just some thoughts.