DC United front office, or lack thereof

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by NattyBo, Apr 23, 2015.

1. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who, the 15 of you on this forum that take every action and decision as an intentional spit in the face? You're all already gone.

2. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is more than 15. I know of 20 who have stopped buying season tickets already. They lose more and more by the day. What are they replacing them with? 20 somethings whop think it's cool?

3. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just jealous that you know 20 people in real life that follow the team

4. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be too impressed. I said I know them. I never said they were willing to call me friend. :D

dadman, song219, Winoman and 1 other person repped this.
  5. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    sadly I will be back, but out of the barra, most are gone. most dont even want to go into the match this saturday. I know more folks coming to tailgates then leaving at this point. until we know the plan for SG tix, which is god knows when, people are just done with the FO.
    Talking to folks who have been to premium nights, only about 50-60% of people are renewing. thats a BIG loss for a new stadium.

if they keep saying the demand is there, then why would they send out a survey asking for your COMPANY to sign up? clearly the premium tickets are not there like they thought, which does not bode well for the rest of the stadium. losing half your STH already is a bad sign, you cant argue that with moving to a brand new stadium

bigredfutbol and Winoman repped this.
  6. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See and I was told they were fine as far a STH?????

7. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get this. Do they actually care about the team or soccer? Apparently not. They'd rather "make a statement" than watch a game. Is it about the quality on the field instead? If so, then go support the team and don't be fair weather fans.

Perhaps this also includes people who were interested in premium tickets but decided that they would rather have regular tickets. What even are the premium tickets now at RFK? Field level? That's way less than 1% of people.

Why not? They send an email blast and perhaps get some sales out of it. "Demand" does not mean 100% of tickets are sold out immediately.

Completely disagree. There is a difference in paying $3,150 for a season ticket and paying under $1,000 for a season ticket.

Again you're making assumptions based on initial sales of the most expensive ticket.

Believe what you want and keep assuming everything is terrible and don't come if you want. More room and less lines for me :)

8. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I posted above, this is an assumption on the earliest sales of the rich seats. Most people are not rich.

9. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not coming Saturday for two reasons. First I am on call this weekend so I need to be near my laptop. Even if that were not the case I have previously stated I have a laundry list of reason why my game day experience has gone downhill the last three years. Stadium store, pointless wanding, staff attitudes, etc. I won't even put the on filed product on that list because I understand that level of play can and will go up and down over time.

10. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    Well many many times the FO has said us, the supporters are less than 1% of total revenue.....

so clearly the premium has to be more than 1%...
    BTW, Field box, private suite, private box, field level seating, club level seating, Heineken Field Deck and Group Hospitality is what is considered Premium seating at RFK.

And I will still be there and travel for away matches cause I do love the club, just I have a high bar is why i bitch and complain :)

bigredfutbol, Winoman and DecadeOfDCU26 repped this.
  11. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Respect man, even if we don't agree on a lot.

12. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RE: "pointless wanding:" I wonder if this will continue in the new stadium owned by DCU, not by the city.

13. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is an MLS league policy the league adopted last season, so DCU have no say in the matter

14. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes but the wands are pointless. They actually do nothing to provide saftey. Knives have still been brought in. They are poor tools in the hands of poorly trained personnel. I am not knocking the CSC staff personally. I am saying they are not really trained how to use the equipment. If we walked through metal detectors we would be safer but not those pointless wands. All that wanding is doing is slowing me down and annoying me.

dadman and DecadeOfDCU26 repped this.
  15. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Keeps me from the Mens Room

Winoman and shawn12011 repped this.
  16. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    It's not about safety. It's about making people think you are doing SOMETHING.

bigredfutbol, fatbastard, dadman and 3 others repped this.
  17. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

See and if I ask the empty suits at MLS in NYC they would swear it is about saftey.

18. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DCU facebook page posted something about an investment Levien is in and they are getting ROASTED. Who thought that would be a good idea?

Q*bert Jones III and Rick77 repped this.
  19. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    They needed a break from getting roasted on posts about matches?

20. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    I think you have wanding confused with buggery

bigredfutbol repped this.
  21. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Since they have a category of tickets that include food and drink, it certainly makes sense to ask you if that is what you want. It really isn't a survey, they want to find out what you want, so they can try to sell you the thing that most closely aligns with what you desire. Maybe these business school types are on to something.

22. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    I want cheap beer..... nope not happening.
    Sadly ATL has adopted fan friendly pricing of $5beers and cheap food at the new stadium including Falcons games.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I don't understand why that is being promoted by the team on facebook or the official website.

Winoman repped this.
  24. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    They can't even do a ponzi scheme right.

bigredfutbol, Funkfoot, sitruc and 2 others repped this.
  25. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    In the face of terrorism you always have to do SOMETHING. I'm still pissed about the closures of Pennsylvania Ave & E Street and I'm sure the only thing they have contributed it to is more people jumping White House fences.

Winoman repped this.