DC United front office, or lack thereof

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by NattyBo, Apr 23, 2015.

1. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how many of the recipients pointed out their error before they "caught" it.

dcchelseafc and Winoman repped this.
  2. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    still nothing on the Lindsay front......

Dizi and sitruc repped this.
  3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking of that this morning, almost fired off a tweet asking if she was okay .... this has been an awkwardly long silence

Winoman repped this.
  4. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    If you haven't been through concussion, here's kind of how it goes. Imagine being in solitary confinement. No light, no sound, no interaction. You can't read, or tolerate daylight, or look at your phone, or listen to music. It might last a few hours, or a few days, or a few weeks, or a few months; you have no way of knowing. Doctors don't really know why some people recover after a few hours and others need months. If you get a second or third concussion, they get progressively worse.

5. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    DC United has such a bad history with concussions that it affects non-playing employees.

dadman and Winoman repped this.
  6. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We usually get some updates on players who have been concussed - her mere existence has been whitewashed on the website and on the TV broadcasts - no follow-up has been done in the "press", etc. She hasn't tweeted a thing since an hour before a piece of the crap stadium falling on her.
    She's gone from being pretty much the sole, constant voice of the Front Office to .... well, nothing.

I hope she married an attorney :)

dadman, Dizi, sitruc and 1 other person repped this.
  7. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Yeah even the "!000 reasons why we love to replay her sideline interviews and in- game commentary thread" is gone.
    There may, and I stress may be some correlation between recent changes in the management of the team and her becoming a non-person.

8. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    So she really is a dizzy blonde now? OK, bad taste. I hope she makes a full recovery, but I don't miss her in the broadcasts.

9. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not all of us blondes are dizzy (also, she's not actually blonde, but I digress) :) (also, I may be dizzy and digressing more)

I didn't mind her on broadcasts back when she was a Monumental Sports employee - but once they brought that production in-house, she became an insufferable team apologist on-air. She was still fine to talk to IRL, but on TV - yikes.

Winoman and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  10. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    I've had 10 in my life. I was always snowboarding or wakeboarding the next day. I think this concussion thing is a little too overplayed. Other than Dave Mirra (tragic), in the xgames world, we all get concussions 10x more than NFL players we are back up right away. just saying from my experience
    My worst concussions was the 9th when i ragdolled down the lake chutes at Breck couple hundred feet, the flight home SUCKED.

I really believe she was on the way out, and there are lawyers talking. no FB/Twitter or anything from her personal accounts at all. I would be surprised to ever see her again.

sitruc repped this.
  11. DCUSKINS

DCUSKINS Member

May 26, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is a shame. For as much shit as she got for being in charge of so many positions (which the FO should rightfully be criticized for), she did the best with the resources she was provided. She deserved to be at the opening of the stadium and she deserved to be able to watch the game without the risk of getting hurt. I sincerely hope that we hear from her in the future.

dadman, garbaggio and Winoman repped this.
  12. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    If Lyndsey is really out for a long time maybe MLS rules will allow us to replace her with Leeds United's Emma Jones.

[​IMG]

Eyes UP Eddie...

Winoman and dcchelseafc repped this.
  13. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    she can say whatever the ******** she wants....yes to this girl!

14. D C B 2 3

D C B 2 3 Member+

Nov 18, 2007
    VA
    For all that is wrong with the FO, the Chris Hull signing is one of the best things they have done. He has almost single-handeldy turned the SGs disaster around. His tweets about special olympics etc only confirm for me that he is a real human being and not a corporate sports marketing hack.

I mention this becuase the Chcago SG saga has taken its worst turn yet with essentially the FO banning multiple members for the season and the SGs boycotting the team en masse.

dadman, Dizi and Winoman repped this.
  15. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    Not only the the CF FO ban Sector Latino, they also banned regular fans from that section. its a mess. That FO is killing that club fast!

As for Hull, as ive said I was impressed when he came down to lot8 a bunch, but even more impressed in the last 3 weeks. he is on top of the shit, has tried to fix the bag debacle, working with the ticketbullshit, fixing the SG issue (even as SE is not happy with it that BB and DU are at the table as equal partners now, sorry SE, shoulda always been this way)
    If he becomes the true new head of marketing, comms, of VP of club, I cant wait to see what he does in the next year.

Dizi, shawn12011, Winoman and 4 others repped this.
  16. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Hull and another new person in the FO were assigned by MLS and possibly not DCU or full-time hires -- am I confusing them with something else that happened recently?

I confuse things sometimes and I'm generally allergic to caring about management until they're there for a while ;)

17. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    No, Hull was originally hired as an advisor....then things took a turn for the worst and Hunt left and lindsay is well who knows, so he pretty much took over which is GREAT. No idea his permanent role, but hope Hunts old role and bring in new comms team.

18. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Loney's most recent article, which was written before the Hull hire, is very good and shows how poorly a lot of MLS front offices are doing right now vis a vis their supporters.

PS. The Austin city council vote is tonight.

19. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Most MLS front offices don't really care about the SGs. They want them on TV 'cause it looks good, but they want them tame and manageable. And dependent on team management. The DC United SGs got used to a lot of independence under Payne and never realized the party was over after he left.

Maybe Hunt will restore good relations, but the days of yore are long past.

20. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    What are the 3 of you doing after work?

21. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    I read that and it dawns on my why Columbus has a much better chance to keep their team than anyone thought. Not because Precourt will be visited by the ghosts of past, present and future, and develop some decency. Instead it will be because PSV/MLS's epic incompetence will eventually fail to get a stadium deal in Austin in anything resembling the timely manner Precourt had hoped for. Not that they'll be declined, but because even if it takes a quarter as long as it took DC, Precourt's wallet will get worn out waiting because he flogged his fanbase that's needed to support his team for longer than he ever dreamed. It really looks like he thought he'd tell the Austin city council that he was bringing the Crew and he expected the city council to fall over spread eagle for him and he'd be gone inside of 2 years. Clearly not the case. Does he even have a temporary stadium solution in Austin?

22. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    As a fitting yet thinly veiled tribute to her leadership, innovation and dedication the 2 D's Dave (dumb) and Devon (dumber) are on a virtual non-stop whine fest of excuses and homerisms during the broad (narrow?) cast.

23. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Slipped back a week, the numbered accounts had some issues with overseas deposits is the rumor

24. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    least we arent Chicago, what a mess that club is.

25. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    The fans were assured that the team had turned the corner when they brought in the overpriced retired former Euro star.

Dizi repped this.