DC United front office, or lack thereof

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by NattyBo, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Cavan9

Cavan9 Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take your hate and use it to buy a bigger fedora ;)

Kempa and Winoman repped this.
  2. Cavan9

Cavan9 Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sums up my view. I still love pro soccer and $20 a game is still a good value to me. F the Screaming Eagles though. They get nothing but apathy and disdain from me.

Bootsy, I have a lot of overlap with you even though I've come to a different conclusion so far. I expected a lot of what we've seen because money. I didn't expect trying to destroy my SG because there's no money in it.

I hope to have a beer at a game with you down the line but I respect if you choose not to watch DCU anymore.

UnitedBorn, DecadeOfDCU26 and shawn12011 repped this.
  3. Cavan9

Cavan9 Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a little late to this but I'd like to stand up for myself here. I've been buying season tickets as a Barra member since 2013. I bought a 2018 season ticket back in September at a supporters group season ticket sale in that space that the FO was renting to sell tickets. For $20 a game in a new facility it was certainly a good value. That was many months before the FO and the Eagles decided to try to kill my supporters group.

I've already paid for the season and I have no control over the Eagles or the FO or the Barra (remember that I'm a rank and file member, not an elder). I figure I will go and watch soccer because I still like soccer and I still like the actual DC United team (the players not the FO) so I'll go and sit in the supporters section in seats that I paid for last September. If I enjoy sitting and watching I'll keep doing it. I will miss the Barra but I also recognize what I can and can't control.

EdTheRed, Kempa, dcchelseafc and 7 others repped this.
  4. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will it still be a fedora? :)

sitruc, Cavan9 and NicktheGreek repped this.
  5. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    When they start calling you either Tex or Pancho it's pretty much crossed the upper limits of Fedora size

Winoman repped this.
  6. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    Nothing wrong there. We still have hope things change

Winoman and Cavan9 repped this.
  7. Cavan9

Cavan9 Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. It'll get worse before it gets better but as I've been saying for months, the FO will get to where it should, but only after it has exhausted all other options. My wife said that the Philadelphia Phillies had the same dumb ideas as the current DCU FO when they opened their new stadium back in the early 2000's. Attendence dropped after the first couple of games and they realized that they still needed to provide a good entertainment experience for all of their fans. It may even take new ownership and a new FO for all we know.

dcchelseafc, shawn12011, PSURoss and 2 others repped this.
  8. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    What ever happened to the proposed sale of at least part of the team to the South Africa dude?

9. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    What ever happened to the proposed sale of at least part of the team to the South Africa dude?

10. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you mean the Chinese dude born in South Africa but now an American worth almost $8 billion who owns the Los Angeles Times and a part of the LA Lakers? Yes, I'm all for him buying the team - whole or in part.

ejs1111 and Winoman repped this.
  11. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    LA Times? That may incentivize the WAPO to hire a critical soccer reporter instead of playing Western Union for the team's press releases

12. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    It’s funny because if you go back and look at the original docs releases with the design of this stadium at this location, there is a ton of entertainment promised in the fan areas walking up to the stadium. That said, based on the FOs present performance, I have little expectation that there will be anything other than the sitting eagles running a grill for their own profit.

13. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3138 pr0ner, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    TowsonDad, PSURoss, D C B 2 3 and 5 others repped this.
  14. shammypants

shammypants Member+

Oct 9, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    He’s also crooked as ********, less so than Thohirs crooked as ******** family but still bad.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  15. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    What did he do?

Winoman repped this.
  16. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    thank Benny, Kasper and Sisco. Johnson and Mctavish helped also. The only good people left. THis is what DCU family used to be. I hope this is the start to something good.

sitruc, PSURoss and shawn12011 repped this.
  17. shammypants

shammypants Member+

Oct 9, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Give him a quick google

18. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I did. I saw that some folks had accused him of selling old drugs for new purposes with minimal affect and "alleged fraudulent activity." I'm not sure there isn't a billionaire in the medical business who hasn't been accused of those things. It appears he hasn't been found guilty, negligent, etc. for anything. I've found that over the years lawyers sue people who have money regardless of the truth.

PSURoss and ejs1111 repped this.
  19. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Actually all the supporters groups were on pretty friendly terms, probably the best since I got involved about 15 years ago. Until the FO decided to anoint the SEs as the official supporters group.

Kempa, shawn12011, dcchelseafc and 2 others repped this.
  20. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Especially since a lot of people bought season tickets before all the BS started.

Kempa, Winoman, shawn12011 and 2 others repped this.
  21. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    This guy is light years from being the egregious criminal that was insinuated in the original post. As you note, anyone with money and success will become a target for litigation, but as of yet, I don't see any convictions or any damming civil judgements/settlements. Other than Anthony Precourt and a few other Art Model style shitbags, I don't think there are many people making Thohir & Levien look good.

22. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

ejs1111, NicktheGreek and Winoman repped this.
  23. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    #3148 Q*bert Jones III, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    I know @dcchelseafc retracted his accusation but I actually think he hit something there. If you're in the North End then you're financially supporting the Screaming Eagles and the deal they made with the front office. You're saying you don't care about the other groups. Essentially you are a scab who's crossing a picket line.

shawn12011 repped this.
  24. Cavan9

Cavan9 Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought my season ticket directly from the team. Unless they gave a portion of my season ticket fee to the Eagles, I did not financially support the Eagles.

25. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What @Cavan9 said. If you bought a season ticket *directly* from DC United, how are you financially supporting the SEs?