DC Should(n't) Have Congressional Representation

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by American Brummie, Apr 16, 2018.

?

Should DC Get Congressional Representation

1. No

20.0%
  2. Yes

60.0%
  3. NOOOOOO!!!

20.0%
  1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not sure how you get there?

2. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I couldn't figure out what you were getting at so I took a guess.

roby repped this.
  3. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    I'm fine with the clout disparity as long as the small states are relatively evenly distributed in terms of their interests. That's the real issue IMO. If we define "disproportionate clout" as states with 3-5 EVs, then they aren't distributed well by region/economic interests. The top 6 states for energy production per capita are all in this group. 5 of them (WY, ND, WV, AK, and MT) are red. 1 is blue (NM). Regardless of party affilition, Senators in these states will protect their state interests. The Senate is a big reason the US lags the highly developed world in renewable/alternative energy adoption.

For this reason alone, giving DC Senate seats is helpful. Which is why it will never happen.

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How about giving some sort of voting representation to all the other countries of the world? Given that the decisions made by the US legislators significantly affect everybody else...

American Brummie repped this.
  5. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To Barros Schelotto!

6. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if the rest of the world voted for the US President, we certainly wouldn't have the orange imbecile wreaking havoc. More often than not, it would be a Dem that gets elected