Pre-match: DC - Pittsburgh USOC 4th Round

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by nobletea, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He probably encountered it while skiing in Colorado. When I ski in Colorado I prefer Breckenridge Avalanche; when I ski in Montana I prefer Moose Drool.

2. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    image.jpg

Thx,

Jay!

Winoman and DCUSA repped this.
  3. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    #153 asitis, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    Gerald Ford may have helped popularize Coors, but it had the underground rep long before Ford was President. My third year in college ('69-'70: Tin soldiers and Nixon coming...), a friend who lived in Sedalia, Colorado (just south of Denver) drove his car back to Virginia, after Spring break, with the trunk and back seat full of Coors. I'd been looking forward to drinking it, as it had assumed mythic prportions.
    Boy, was I disappointed. Of course my beer of choice back then was Schlitz.

Gotta comment on his car. It was an old limousine, that he had painted bright green. The rear doors were the "suicide" door, that opened in the opposite dirrection of the front doors. It had a non-synchronous trasmission, so you had to double clutch to shift gears. (OK, kids. That's tech talk from my generation. :rolleyes:) It was a bitch to drive in C'ville, but I guess he was used to it comimg from Colorado.

asitis

Winoman, Marco10 and JayRockers! repped this.
  4. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a friend from Tulsa named Frank Sinclair. He had been given his daddy's Cadillac, and at home he always filled it at a Sinclair station using his Sinclair card. Actually, he was no relation to the Sinclair oil family, but the station attendants didn't know that and swarmed the Caddy whenever he pulled in to fill up. Unfortunately for one of them, the hood couldn't be latched, so Frank had pushed it back against the springs and wired it shut. When the attendant unwound the wire to open the hood and check the oil the springs released and the hood slammed into his chest and knocked him ten feet backwards onto the pavement. I'm sure he wondered how the son of the President of Sinclair Oil could pass up getting the Caddy's hood repaired.

Winoman repped this.
  5. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    I'm sure that's something all of us can agree upon.

Winoman repped this.
  6. Marco10

Marco10 Member+

Sep 9, 2002
    I thought the only thing Ford ever popularized was getting up with dignity after a fall.

Winoman and asitis repped this.
  7. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    Yeah, I think Chevy Chase popularized Gerald Ford.

asitis

Winoman and tallguy repped this.
  8. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    He should have had them repair it for free. :)

Winoman repped this.
  9. DCUSA

DCUSA Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a feeling that wasn't all he brought back from Colorado. Damn hippies.

10. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I didn't see Iron City. They seem to be sponsored by Carlsberg, so they had that for sale.

11. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    He's here, he's there
    He's every-********ing-where
    FRANK SINCLAIR!

Winoman repped this.
  12. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had some friends in the AFB band at home, and they played a duty gig (for whatever reason) out in CO. They brought back many cases of the stuff, and satisfied my curiosity. I still liked Rolling Rock better. :)

Oveki8 repped this.