DBG: Open Letter To FCD

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Nov 8, 2018.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well put...

https://www.dallasbeerguardians.com...-Open-Letter-From-DBG-Leadership-To-FC-Dallas

2. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some good points in there, but a bit overdramatic. "Crumbling before our eyes." Come on. Much of this letter seems more appropriate for LA Galaxy who has been a perennial power in MLS and won 5 championships, but has stunk the last 2 seasons with no discernable direction to improve, and is now faced with a flashy new intra-city rival. We've always been an up and down, mostly above mediocre team. We're still one.
    They compare our lack of striker with guys like Alberth Elis. Colman could have been Elis, but he wasn't. Not like FCD's FO didn't see the need for a striker or didn't try to get one. They tried and missed. It happens.
    The letter also contains a lot of unnecessary whining about the FO not brownnosing the supporters groups, as if the letter was written late at night after a few drinks. Whoever wrote this letter should have let it sit for a few days, then reviewed it before posting it.

cowtown repped this.
  3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My main gripe is that FCD is not run like a professional club. I think (as simplistic as it sounds) if that is done, we would see some major improvements around the club.

4. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say they're run like a professional club, but not like a "major league" club. Some of the inept stuff they do with marketing, promotions, stadium operations, and fan relations is similar to what I've experienced with minor league baseball and hockey teams.
    I've heard many FO staff get in with FCD with the hope that they can use their FCD experience to put on their resumes to get better jobs with Frisco Roughriders. Minor League is a promotion from FCD.
    I'll put some of the blame for the minor league experience on City of Frisco. Why does it take so damn long to get out of the parking lot after games? Some games it's like the Frisco PD aren't even aware a game is going on. Local business seems unsupportive or unaware of FCD. Maybe that's on the FO.
    Not sure who's responsible for this, but there still isn't a sign on DNT for Toyota Stadium. Minor League.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, that's what I meant. Major League. Well put.

6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep looking to see if there's a pulse on these boards but there's not. Guess someone should put up a closed for the season sign. I don't even want to get in to Dan Hunt floating Barrios as the main forward next year as FCD's Josef Martinez. Ugh.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I must've missed that nonsense. When did he say that? o_O

8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buzz's interview on 3rd Degree / DaMN.

9. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ok, just read it.

Woof.

10. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    OP leaving?

This damn team!!!

11. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    26167626-6C9F-40B4-8DC0-677F08C363E8.jpeg It’s all about money. Right now at 7pm on a Thursday night with no game, The Star is packed with people. I guarantee you 70-80% are Collin County residents.

12. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure what your point is. The Cowboys played Thursday night in Arlington. I assume the Cowboys had some kind of watch party at The Star. They're having Xmas stuff there. People around here like the Cowboys and Xmas. How do crowds at The Star connect to money and FCD?

13. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the point is that those people are congregating in Collin County because a lot of money has been spent in a way that is pleasing to people. They sure as heck aren’t there because they are fans of a Champion. Most of the people I see there everyday aren’t old enough to have been sports conscious when the Cowboys last won a Super Bowl. Jerry understands that you can gain fans with bling and entertainment. He spends as much as possible on the on-field product and makes up for those limits with investing in the fans. HSG does NONE of that.

Hitman repped this.
  14. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well ... he doesn't have any more championships in the last 20 years as FCD. It eventually comes down to that. The really good franchises win a lot of them but even big spending flashy ones need to win occasionally.

15. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd prefer watching a winning team in a stadium with wooden bleachers serving warm light beer or no beer than a mediocre team like the Cowboys in an airconditioned palace with all La-Z-Boy recliner seating with a personal craft and imported beer dispenser at my seat.
    But that's me and I'm old. What do I know?