Days until we sign someone?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Jul 19, 2017.

?

How many days until we sign a new player

1. 5-7

8.0%
  2. 8-14

8.0%
  3. 15-21

8.0%
  4. 22-28

8.0%
  5. the day after the transfer window closes

12.0%
  6. the offseason

32.0%
  7. 60-90 days

24.0%
  1. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Best we can do is wish him luck, I'd wager he'll get a nibble or 2 but most of the first division clubs are reasonably deep in the goal so he's not going to get an automatic starting spot. Unless his agent sends the guys ahead of him a shiny new Ducati;)

bigredfutbol repped this.
  2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    how many NT caps does he have/need for an English work permit? I gotta imagine at least clubs in Belgium/Turkey/Portugal/Netherlands might put in a decent bid.

3. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    I wish I knew, the urgency of the disappointing US W/C qualification campaign may preclude Hamid getting any starts if in fact he even gets another call up. So if he doesn't have what he needs now he most likely won't get them, The "B" list nations or the lower division teams may be his only options, also I wonder what Brexit will do to in the long term to the number of foreign players on each team. The image of the EPL without all those "foreign" players isn't a pretty sight. So England may not have the future stability he'd like

Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  4. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Clark makes sense whether or not Hamid leaves United. Quite simply, United has given up on Travis Worra and, what with Hamid's reoccuring injuries, it simply makes sense to have a strong backup.

Likewise, what with his reoccuring injuries, Hamid will have difficulty signing with even a mediocre first division team overseas. He'd be smart to reup with United for another couple of years to see if he can complete a full season without injuries.

5. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    As others have pointed out, I don't think Hamid will get any big time offers over seas. I also think his distribution is pretty bad. That's been an area of his that has not developed over time. Perhaps better talent on the team will change our tactics a bit and allow him more opportunities to distribute more aggressively instead of the mega-boot downfield. All of that said, if we see Clark making starts ahead of a healthy Hamid it's time to assume he's might be seriously leaving.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  6. DCUSA

DCUSA Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For Hamid, I'm keeping an eye on Crystal Palace. I believe his dad played for them, and their backup keeper, Speroni, is 38. Hennessey, the starter, hasn't been great but it's early.

7. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Interesting. I did not know that about Hamid.

8. DCUSA

DCUSA Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His dad runs a little traveling clinic, and they go to schools and run an hour or so clinic with the kids. I met him when he visited my daughter's school. Very nice, very passionate about kids having fun while learning the basics.

Eastern Bear and Winoman repped this.
  9. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Another replacement option could be David Bingham who's having a poor season, but is talented. He probably flew too close to the sun with his NT callups. He now got benched, but maybe a change of scenery gets him back on track.

10. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Believe it was QPR.

Winoman repped this.
  11. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I always thought he was average at best. TFC's Clint Irwin has almost certainly become redundant at TFC. Of course, I'd love to get Joe WIllis back too.

12. DCUSA

DCUSA Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, QPR, thank you.