Days Of The New...

Discussion in 'Books' started by Red Harvest, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Member

Mar 5, 2001
    "...bring me down, bring me down..."

Anyone here ever listen to them? They're pretty good live and their latest stuff is good, but I still think their debut was the best.

2. gatopreto

gatopreto Member

May 31, 2000
    NYC
    Ugh.

I hate them.

Or him, I should say, since he dumped his whole band after the first album did well.

Hate.

3. IMissTheFusion

IMissTheFusion New Member

Jun 21, 2002
    South Florida
    I'm not too terribly into them, but I saw Travis Meeks and a percussionist do an acoustic show a couple of months ago opening for the Robbie Krieger Band (he of the Doors fame) and they were REALLY good. He even came out for Robbie's encore for Break On Through and The End. That guy has a STRONG voice!! I do have the first record and dig it.

4. slipknotter

slipknotter New Member

May 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    According to him, they were never supposed to be a band. He just got some of his homies to play on his record and then took them on tour. I think the other three are part of the group Tantric now. I saw DOTN open for Metallica in 1998 and they blew me away so much, I went to see 'em again headlining their own show a couple of months later here in Austin. It was their last show, the next night, they cancelled the Dallas gig and Travis Meeks got rid of the band.