News: Dawn Scott leaving USWNT

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by rustysurf83, Nov 16, 2019.

1. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Leaving role to take over England fitness program. Not good...

Mills, jnielsen and TimB4Last repped this.
  2. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Mills repped this.
  3. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to see her go - Good Luck to her and THANK YOU.

Mills, McSkillz, taosjohn and 2 others repped this.
  4. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Namdynamo and TimB4Last repped this.
  5. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

What a huge loss as Dawn Scott has been called the secret to the USWNT's success, and is regarded as the best at her job. I'm assuming it was her choice to move on after about 10 years with the team. Thanks to Dawn for everything she's done for the USA, but I can't bring myself to say best of luck to her with the England team. :barefoot:

Namdynamo, jackdoggy and jnielsen repped this.
  6. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes, her behind the scenes contribution to the US Women's National Team has been immeasurable. I hate to see her go , but to go to a strong rival is even worse.

TimB4Last repped this.
  7. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've got a great point there, especially when her efforts will benefit our ol' buddy Phil....make that a double great point.

8. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    historic men's soccer fa $$$$ beginning to talk?????

there's got to be 100 sports and exercise science scientists in the u.s. with charm in their approach & big data on their phones (cloud accounts?) who can take scott's program to new heights.

Mills, Namdynamo and TimB4Last repped this.
  9. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    It's a great opportunity - hope we find the right person.

10. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something Ellis should have gotten credit for, and sometimes did, was surrounding herself with the best people. I gather from this thread that Scott is the best of the best. Vlatko and Kate Markgraf apparently couldn't get Scott to stay, which may or may not be on them. Is it reasonable to hold them to the standard of getting someone almost as good?

jackdoggy repped this.
  11. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    The Lionesses will need more than the Amazing Dawn Scott to drag their tired,unmotivated asses back to respectability. They stink at the moment.

Mills repped this.
  12. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Part of her job may be to weed out the less fit and the undermotivated, and to get max energy out of those who remain.

13. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Been watching the Lionesses, they definitely are not motivated since the loss of the World Cup.

14. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Yeah I live there and am due back home next Monday hence the interest.

Must say though that these attendance figures for the WSL matches at Premier League grounds are fantastic so I hope they pick up what they had in the WC... cuz they almost took us down.

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that's not going to change; the FA just reaffirmed their confidence in Neville
    FA backs Phil Neville to lead the England women’s team until 2021 | Sport | The Times
    if it's not Neville's rather slowish, plotting attacking style holding them back, wonder why as yet England can't seem to produce the sort of 'superstars in quantity', needed to win an major tournament?(yeah, I know; Lucy Bronze suppose to be all that, just don't look it under Neville). Beth Mead's possibly's ENG 2nd best player, but pretty slow for a winger compared to others. Rachel Daly looks like a lost puppy(if she ever gets to play)

16. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Article on Dawn Scott in the Athletic. It might be behind a paywall for many of you, so I'll just post one key sentence from it: "It is understood that new national team coach Vlatko Andonovski was keen to retain Scott, but the FA moved in when an agreement could not be reached with US Soccer’s senior staff."

Mills and blissett repped this.
  17. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the men have an equivalent position, I'd love to know that position's pay level as compared to the women's.

18. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    EQUAL PAY..... !!!

19. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Blolololololololol. What a catastrophe. USSF is working on destroying the USWNT now that they have completed the objectives re: the USMNT and MLS. A lot of these Euro teams seem to be putting significant investment behind their women’s programs, the NWSL should be concerned.

20. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Lets see how far their investment comes to fruition during the next Olympics and World Cup 2023.

jjmack repped this.
  21. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awwwwwwww man, Dawn Scott was probably the top 3 most important staff members for the USWNT. I had a strange feeling she might not stick around any longer for some odd reason.

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    pro club & actual pro salaries seems to be the last frontier for woso. NWSL has it's problems, only 9 teams as compared to the MLS's 24. Average attendance; MLS21.6K(NWSL 7.3). While the NWSL seems to cater to only domestic fans, the MLS able to sell tv contracts outside to a mostly male dominated, soccer fans, from around the world. As a result the USSF has to step in & pay a lot of the salaries of their NT's instead of their NWSL clubs(to keep the league afloat)
    MLS one problem has been low TV ratings, but even so the 2018 MLS Cup drew 1.5 million, plus whatever international audience. The NWSL final this year was a really dismal 166K.

2018, the USWNT revenue was $50 mill, the men's, 1 mill less., so they definitley deserve equal pay(and I think they individually actually make more if you include that with the WC belt, their more attractive to advo/sponcers/endorsements.

but I can see the lower pay in the NWSL due way lower interest. I'm sure there's a lot of crossover fans, but unlike broso, where their fans enjoy the rest of the world's soccer(and vice versa) I definitely got to call out the hypocrisy of woso fans, while they might enjoy an occasionally WNT/ NWSL game, they sure don't give a damn about the rest of the world. The women's 6 time Champion;s League. Lyon, came ver last year & played to a dismal 2k crowd, Arsenal ladies came over & played Seattle Reign to likewise/you know if it was Arsenal mens, it would be a sellout within minutes, most anywhere in the states

TimB4Last repped this.