Davinson Sánchez News & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by el escorpion, Jun 21, 2016.

1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I never said just the CBS. Colombian is a very good defensive team overall. Having 2 potentially world class CBs just adds to that.

Azucarero repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #202 pepinointer, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    And was better than sanchez agaisnt brasil. despite the killing of alves.

Im not sure sanchez is better in this point....

Davinson is young and have potential and a was a man of the summer, but still have problems positioning.

3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It will be interesting to see how Davinson will develop after 1 season in EPL and CL under his belt. A 40+ game season is a totally reasonable expectation.

Zapata on the other hand may be a part time player this season which concerns me when it comes to match fitness

Hopefully Mina will bounce back quickly and to 100% upon his recovery.

Having these 3 CBs interchangeable plus jeison Murillo, if he regains his form at Valencia, can be a dangerous mix to have for any game.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    to be fair our back line is solid with almost every combination we can throw out there...we have lots of options (sans Medina). I do prefer DSanchez and YMina when available but folks make it seem like it's a video game. EVERY CB in the world makes mistakes, specially @ 21ish. They have the crappiest job (next to GK) which is to be the last line of hope before the inevitable. And when you face magicians with the ball like Messi or Neymar it's just a bunch of youtube reel to reinforce how crappy you play. But seriously, I don't mind Zapata but there's something to be said why DT after DT they ignored him until there was really no choice. For a team like Colombia that can be lucid in attack and scoring we have TWO options that can be a threat : Sanchez and Mina.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think many people under rate Jesid Murillo because of the shiftiness that is Inter Milan. Dude was a beast in Spain and 1st 6 months at Inter. That team is just a cancer. While I rate out CB choices pretty highly our wingback situation is fking awful. Arias is an above average to pretty good RB but we have no options after him. Medina is still our 2nd choice RB haha

LB !! Forget about iT !!! I am still hoping Mechado does great in Belgium and gets called up or the Dep Cali kid that went to Ajax does well enough to get called up. Fabra is a passable LB who can't defend. Diaz is older then a grandma..... who is the 3rd option? Look he took injured players to last qualifers because options are super sad

Now if we went to 3 in the back and used Fabra and Arias as MF think they would be much better players tho Arias defensive abilities aren't that bad he just doesn't have the stamina of Zuniga or Armero.

Problem with 3 in the back other then we never used it is our main 3 CBs are very good to great in Mina-D.Sanchez-J.Murillo. 2nd string Tesillo, C.Zapata(sub at Milan), O. Murillo then who are up and coming CBs? I mean Bernardo Zuniga is a starter for Gijon but feel he is much too slow for 3 in the back. I'd like to see him as Mina sub but he needs a super fast guy next to him. I don't see other CBs getting a nod other then him. The Mondragon kid was an idiot and went to Mexico when he was already in Spain.

Furnaccio repped this.
  6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sample lineup:

----------Ospina-------
    --Davinson-zapata-mina--
    Arias----------------fabra
    -----------barrios--------
    Muriel-----------cArdona
    ---------James----------
    ------------falcao--------

Roca/Abel/Dani Torres could rotate with barrios

Cuadrado, chara, gioM, izquierdo could rotate between Muriel and Cardona

Nobody can rotate with james ;)

Falcao/bacca/teo and whomever else can rotate at 9 role if need be

I always believe in playing to your strengths. Assuming Mina returns to full fitness and form and Davinson develops and grows this year and Zapata gets more minutes this season, it would suck having so many really good defenders on the bench.

7. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    apparently he did great vs R.Madrid

8. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    so disappointed in you guys. Tons of pages talking about the other Sanchez. How about a little props to this guy. Seems like he had another solid performance.

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't know. Some people around here think he is "meh":rolleyes::p

I said it before and I will say it again, the sky is the limit for this kid. I think he has what it takes to be one of the best defenders on the planet.

sidspaceman repped this.
  10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don’t think he is “meh” just think Mina is better defender.

I think they are the new Yepes(Mina) and Córdoba (Sanchez) :) tho

I don’t know I just rated Jesion Murillo higher then Sanchez but now slowly changing my mind.

11. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I saw the game and l was impressed by his performance. He is barely old enough to drive and already makes Real Madrid shit their pants. Maybe a little exaggerated but still, good job!

12. usfan1234

usfan1234 Member

Oct 10, 2017
    So I see he played as a limited right back. Maybe he could play for us as a right back instead of Arias and Zapata and Mina or Mina and Murillo could be the centerbacks?

Or we could do a line of three with Zapata - Mina and Murillo and that would free up Fabra and Arias who have been horrible defensively lately?

13. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What country doesn't give you a license at 16?? lol

Any way Sanchez is a monster and so young. Mina is really good but he hasn't played on the European stage. I'll hold my judgement till then.

14. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Nah he was playing as a CB for the most part, they shifted into somewhat of a back 3 when defending at times yesterday but it was a back 4 with Vertongen playing as a LB who usually plays in the back 3.

Sanchez is very good, Mina is a better passer and is smarter and calmer about when to commit and is better at guiding his attackers rather then jumping into tackles. Sanchez is a very good defender, mistakes are due to his experience/age and that he has so much speed and strength he's used to being able to win tackles and if not has the pace and ability to recover, so he can take multiple bites at the apple without normally being punished. As you can see vs world class teams like Real that still will be exposed (even if he recovered and didn't get punished in that video), still for a player that young its super standard, as he gets a bit older and plays at the highest levels he will improve there and then the sky is the limit. His passing is still not as good as it could be but again these will come with time and is why you rarely see CB's at his age playing at such high levels.

Mina and Sanchez actually have a very good balance as well, Mina is better building play and is the calmer one who can sit back and Sanchez can man mark and roam a bit more, either way other then france (Varane and Umtiti) there isn't a better young CB pairing with more promise in the world IMO, going forward the more experience these guys get (Mina will be at Barca in January or August deal already signed) and the more they get to play together the better off Colombia will be, now if only we can get some box to box CM's and attacking fullbacks :)

Azucarero, Furnaccio and crzdcolombian repped this.
  15. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In two years Davinson will be the best CB in the world. Mark my words.

Furnaccio repped this.
  16. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Great match for Davinson. Amazing how easy he makes it all look.

sidspaceman repped this.
  17. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    fu.ck i missed that game I thought it was going to be at 4 pm for some reason

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Doogs and sidspaceman repped this.
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I watched the game as well but I didnt feel that he had a 'great game'. He was ok. Solid but with a couple of plays where he tends to overthink his next move. I've noticed he starts off matches a little bit on the nervous side but he compensates well with his speed. Still, very mature player on big games, despite his young age. This Spurs team looks incredibly tight.

Azucarero and elviejomen repped this.
  20. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know what you mean, but concidering the circumstances (age, expectations, league, position ect.) I think he has been awesome every time. Except in the match against Bournemouth(?) he made couple of mistakes. Tottenham fans seem to be very happy with him.

pepinointer and elviejomen repped this.
  21. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He didn't play today against Man U. He's pretty much played every game since he arrived. Was he just rested, injured or did they just go with experience?

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Have no idea. It may have something to do with them making sure he is ready and fit for Real Madrid on Wednesday though.

Furnaccio repped this.
  23. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm just happy to see a colombian succeed in england, never happens. Especially in a high profile team like spurs

24. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Spurs with D.Sanchez as a starter beat R.Madrid and nobody is going to talk about it?

Furnaccio repped this.