Davinson Sánchez News & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by el escorpion, Jun 21, 2016.

1. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    From the highlights I saw, he was playing as the center defender in the 3 CB set up. He is turning out to be one of the top signings of the summer. He keeps this up, he has to be one of the starters at the World Cup.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Keeps this up? In what world is Zapata better? Age doesn’t make you better

3. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think anyone is questioning Davinsons quality or potential. He has more potential than Zapata ever had but Zapata is a safe bet, he has always been pretty good in la seleccion and we know what to expect from him. If Mina recovers well and Davinson plays well in the friendlies I'm sure they will start. But Zapata has the advantage of being more experienced, he even played in Brazil 2014.

As for yesterday, Sanchez did a good job. A UCL game against Madrid in front of your home crowd makes many young players sh.t their pants. When Davinson is playing you can leave your pooper scooper home.

pepinointer repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Pochettino has Spurs playing some excellent futbol all around.
    This was the perfect team for Davinson to go to. A top 4 team in the Premiere League that can also make a run in Europe that has good young players that will be the core nucleus for England's run at Russia. That confidence and that success will help Sanchez become even more confident.

pepinointer and kromekote repped this.
  5. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I get what you're saying but Sanchez's level is more than just potential at this point. While it's not the Cup, CL play is as high level as you can get and as you say if he can handle that pressure, than he's ready. If we can get Yerry back in form, I see this as the perfect CB duo.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I under stand experience argument but Zapata is not a Yepes or Ivan Córdoba. Many of you went you use that as your argument you forget that. Yepes scores a crap ton of goals for us and would make big plays. Same as Córdoba but Zapata was just part of a pretty shitty generation. Not going to knock his 10 years in Europe but how many scrubby Argies been in Europe that long?

Zapata loves to back pass or pass to the CB next to him. We all crap our pants about Ospinas rebounds but Zapatas passing is way less acceptable especially when you have much better and younger options.

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It will depend of the present of the defenders for that time. That imho wont be the same for all.

1. Zapata is playing now because montella likes him, despite the other young players and fans pressure. But montella is going to be fired soon. After Montella, i see that zapata will fight a lot of to play with mussachio, romagnoli, bonucci and antonelli. At least the first 3 players are mor efashionable than him.

2. Yerri Mina, if is going to arrive to barcelona in january wont play all the matches as we want...if he keeps healthy in palmeiras more minutes probably he will have.

3. Davinson i can see him as starter the rest of the season.

4. Jesion Murillo is beasting but he is still rotating with garay.

5. Oscar is sarter in mexico and will be the next season. But i know that idea dont make happy all.

Bomb8 repped this.
  8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    In the games Zapata has started next to Mina our defense has looked good and organized.
    That in itself may be a factor for Pekerman to go with Zapata.

But there's still plenty of time for Davinson to prove himself too.
    Just don't bury Zapata dude.

Bomb8 repped this.
  9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Zapata does kinder kicker shit sometimes pretty annoying. Just lucky his generation of CBs sucked. The next best was who Carlos Valdez?

I think Murillo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zapata

Mina - Sanchez will be the new Ivan Córdoba - Yepes. We are good in the back to at least 2026 WC. Maybe 2030 I know Mina is a lot older but he doesn’t rely on his speed so much that age will destroy his game.

10. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I recall you crucifying Yepes 4 years ago around this very time. Zapata is no Yepes, but that's besides the point, you don't seem to learn from your mistakes.

Davinson's time will come he's very young, it's his spot to lose after the WC. I don't know why this desperation to use the up and coming (inexperienced) stud. For some reason all you guys see are the good plays when he often makes glaring mistakes that he may or may not cover up using his imposing size and speed. You guys make it seem like he's infallible. For me he still has many aspects of his game to work on.

No doubt that he will be a core player for the NT for years to come, but let's pump the brakes a bit. Let's not set our selves/him up for failure when inexperience rears its ugly head in crucial moments.

Bomb8 repped this.
  11. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Davinson is the future of the NT, no doubt about it, maybe even the present. But he needs more games en la seleccion to prove himself. The problem with young and inexperienced players, specially defenders, is that if they happen to make a huge mistake in an important game, that could destroy their confidence for a long time. We cannot afford it in Russia. I remember about a month ago Davinson looking very dissapointed in himself after he made a mistake in a match in EPL. An experienced defender would have forgotten it in 10 seconds.

Azucarero and Cruzifero repped this.
  12. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Exactly and the people that support him today will turn on him tomorrow. Yo conozco a mi gente.

Bomb8 and pepinointer repped this.
  13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Aqui les cuesta mucho pensar por si mismo. Y el análisis que hacen es hacer copy paste del titulo sensacionalista del momento.

Es decir si el diario esta matando a un jugador lo hacen, y si lo endiosan igual.

La prensa inglesa es la que mas infla jugadores y los hace ver como los mejores a los de su liga. Toca tener mucho cuidado con eso.

Davinson esta bien, esta demsotrando......pero no por un mes de buena exposición mediatica tenemos que matar a los otros defensores.

Cruzifero repped this.
  14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I have no issue with Zapata starting in Russia come World Cup time. Ideally it would be nice if he got a good string of minutes at the club level January - May.

I know i was anti Yepes and I was happily proven wrong - his performances on the pitch spoke for themselves.

For all we know it may be Zapata and Davinson as the starting duo in Russia -

honestly if the world cup were today - i wouldn't mind any combination of Oscar Murrilo, Jeison Murillo, C. Zapata or Davinson starting

Everyone seems 100% certain about Mina - first thing is first....let's wait until he is back in the groove and playing at 100%. i haven't been tracking palmeiras close enough, but how many games does he have under his belt since the injury?

it's a long way to go between now and June. Davinson is on the right track. it's up to him to keep it up - playing in the EPL and CL will prepare him well for Russia.

15. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Davison has performed well in really big Champions League and Europa league games, and has ability beyond most CB's. He should be starting, Zapata is fine, but he's not nor never has been an amazing talent. Mina and Sanchez are, and Murillo is close to it. Davison should probably be the starter right now, at the end of the season I think its highly unlikely that he won't be ready to start for Colombia, its not like we are favorites to glide through the World Cup, we will need huge performances, a guy like Sanchez has the potential to give us that. Look at our 2014 WC, we had to rely on a young talent to get to where we did, Sanchez is the future and present, his ceiling is just too high to ignore.

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think That Cristian Zapata when first debuted for Udinese was better then Davison or seemed like he would be world class once he left Udinese he just became above average

17. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The way things are going, you'd expect Davinson to not only play more games this season than Zapata but also against tougher opponents. Plus you can argue he makes his team better. Nacional, Ajax and now Tottenham have all been better when he plays.

I wouldn't be surprised if come the World Cup, neither Zapata or Carlos Sanchez are in our starting line up. Hopefully we use these friendlies wisely. A little experimenting is needed.

I honestly want to see Mina and Davinson together out there. 3 CB backline is something I'd love for Pekerman to also test.

villus and crzdcolombian repped this.
  18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    God hoping come Russia

Abel, Carlos Sanchez and Zapata are not starters any more

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Abel case:

Pekerman and the rest of the coach tried to change aguilar for two years. he didnt participate in both copa america. His first match in this wcq was in october of 2016 only a year ago. and yeah he performed better than torres, perez, guarin, cuellar and the other potential replaces that the staff tried to use.

The only reason because he is in the team....is because the multiples replaces were a shit and sucked more than him despite his bad form in clubs.

Zapata Case:

He wasnt so blooper as murillo was.......

dirtysanchez repped this.
  20. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Tottenham is losing but Sanchez is playing well.

21. usfan1234

usfan1234 Member

Oct 10, 2017
  22. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was Tottenhams best today.

23. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007