David Villa is a great player!

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Robbie Quaid, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Robbie Quaid

Robbie Quaid Red Card

Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    Haha!I'm not sure what some of you people might think but I must say I feel David Villa is one of the best player's in Europe at the moment! He seems to score goals at will but I really like his free kicks! He can hit them at distance with great power & on top of all that nine out of ten times they are spot on. It's not easy to be able to fire off a shot with power & still strike the ball with control to hit it's target & he's one of the very few that can pull it off!:D

2. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    That was a surge of man-love. But I agree, David Villa is a great player.

3. Robbie Quaid

Robbie Quaid Red Card

Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    Haha! Man love? Haha! Nope not me! I'm straight! I just like the way David Villa play's soccer that's all!:D

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.howlermagazine.com/david-villa-the-kid-spring-2016/?mc_cid=034f28c13f&mc_eid=80cfca271d

Earlier stops in his career—at Sporting Gijón, Real Zaragoza, Valencia, Barcelona, Atlético Madrid, but never, thank god, never Real Madrid—were about soccer first and business second. (Asturias, his home province, was a hotbed of the Republican cause during the Spanish Civil War and among the last provinces to be subdued by Francisco Franco’s Falangists. Villa’s maternal grandfather’s nickname was Trotsky. Villa grew up loving Barcelona and, he says, not thinking much about Franco’s favorite team, dreaded rival Real Madrid. “Let’s just say I am glad I played at Barcelona, not the other one.”) He is quick to talk about his off-field opportunities with this move to the United States. But, he says, it all starts with soccer. “If I don’t play well, then nothing else matters, nothing else is possible.”
    “I’m lucky that I was a small player and am still a small player,” Villa says. “My body suits my style of play. But that’s football, figuring out your style.”
    But the United States, with its vast, decidedly un-Trotskyite markets, relatively nascent soccer culture, and great swaths of Spanish speakers, promises a more interesting, and lucrative, post-soccer career for Villa than retiring to Asturias.