Dash offseason: Rebuild, or no?

Discussion in 'Houston Dash' started by SiberianThunderT, Aug 18, 2014.

1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    More moves:
    http://www.houstondynamo.com/news/2...tephanie-ochs-and-goalkeeper-bianca-henninger

So we have so far:
    RETURNING
    Henderson
    Henninger
    McCarty
    Ochs
    IN
    ???
    OUT
    Burger
    Souza (to FCKC)
    Toulouse

I'm sure I've probably missed someone... I assume most of the allocations will stay the same, but we'll have to wait for late November for that. So far it looks like more of a growth than a rebuild to me, all four confirmed returnees 25 or younger, which I'm okay with as I liked what we saw this season, just needed maturation.

2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Okay, so this isn't confirmed by anyone directly in NWSL, but I just found this:
    http://womens.soccerly.com/2014/09/...repare-world-cup-qualifying-leonardo-cuellar/

3. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well, u can add Ohai, Jackson, Diggs, McFarlane as they would have had to have been
    waived if their option hadnt been picked up. Ohale might be determined by whether Nigeria makes WC.

Interesting Noyola isnt on that list.

4. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    *shrugs* Most likely, but until things are officially announced we can't expect that NWSL wouldn't have a minor/major rule change, can we?

Anyway....
    http://www.houstondynamo.com/news/2014/09/houston-dash-re-sign-midfielder-brittany-bock
    RETURNING
    Bock
    Henderson
    Henninger
    McCarty
    Ochs
    IN
    ???
    OUT
    Burger
    Souza (to FCKC)
    Toulouse

5. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I believe Cheryl Bailey keeps the rules tucked in her sock so any wash day we r in jeopardy. What would be really helpful is if they posted the current rosters on the league site. Instead the KC roster still lists Melissa Henderson.

6. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    The NWSL website's rosters list any player who played any bit of time with the team even if no longer on the active roster. I'm guessing that it might be a limitation of the demosphere platform they are running.

7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    They simply need to designate their status. If players have been cut, traded, moved to the injured list or amateur fillins it should be listed next to their name. When players go out of contract as well. The silly part is they have all this information because the league site is where all roster movement is reported.

8. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Yes, they have the information. What I'm saying is that Demosphere, which runs their website, might not be customizable to allow them to add that information to the roster pages.

9. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
  10. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  11. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Other than trading the pick the thing they seem to be worried about is Brian being allocated. Of course they also keep dropping the idea that Brian could be allocated to them giving them the two top players in the draft.

12. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    That would be crazy! Then again, I wouldn't put it past the NWSL...

13. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    And with this most recent trade...

RETURNING
    Bock
    Henderson
    Henninger
    McCarty
    Ochs
    IN
    Lloyd (from WNY)
    OUT
    Burger
    Edwards (to WNY)
    Engen (to WNY)

Souza (to FCKC)
    Toulouse

14. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If u count Brian, the Houston alumi scored 3 of the 6 goals against Haiti... 3 goals is usually a good couple of games for the Dash so things may be looking up.

15. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Also, no Sesselmann on the roster vs Japan...hopefully she hasnt had a set back in her rehab.

16. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I think it's still too early. Isn't it usually a minimum of 9 months out, with a year out being more common? She injured it in March, so it's only been 7 months.

17. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of late to the party, but I seriously doubt Brian goes to Europe in a WC year when she's fighting to get on the field for the US. That would be a death knell for her WC chances.

kernel_thai repped this.
  18. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's usually the timeframe. I don't think Herdman would rush her back when he'd rather have her healthy for the WC. In all likelihood she'll be ready for the start of the NWSL season.

19. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  20. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ooooold news:
    Once NWSL or Houston actually confirms that players have been kept/cut, we can update the list.

21. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not surprising to me -- for Portland, Acevedo wasn't even on today's Mexico roster. She's a nice young lady, but if he didn't put her on the roster, why would a NWSL team?

22. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    doesn't the nwsl need other fed $$ to survive? how are they going to make it with only 4 players being paid by the mexican federation?

23. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    I think having fewer Mexican players will be better for those players in the long run. Now they can go to teams that need their services and will play them instead of rotting on benches of NWSL teams. Quite frankly, I'm not surprised at that list and apart from Noyola, it is accurate.

24. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Another name missing is Cuellar. I wonder if that is because of her knee or Washington has lost interest.

25. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Remember that, aside from Ocampo and Perez, all Mexican players were on different teams from the end of the 2013 season to the official 2014 allocation. So having four look like they'll be reallocated to the exact same teams is an improvement.
    I agree that it's odd Noyola isn't on the list so far, but maybe she's asked to go somewhere else, or they're trying to get back to one Mexican allocation per team and Houston was forced to pick one, who knows?
    Cuellar I'd definitely guess is because of the knee. If you know a player is going to miss games before/during the WWC, you don't want to take a risk on a player that's already injured and might miss even more games at the beginning of the season.