Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think there was some mention in the 2013-2014 season when he scored 10 goals in the first half, I believe. He kind of tanked after that (or got injured, I don't know which).

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he actually was called up in 2014 friendly to play vs Chile only to get himself injured and missed out on his only chance to be part of the NT. After that between injuries and poor form the guy just regressed massively. Last season in the Championship, he got tons of criticism from the Leed fans.

3. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    If he was NT quality in the past why not again? A lot of people got excited about him and then injuries took their toll. I was not meaning right now. He is off to an excellent start and I am hoping he continues... If he does, only a matter of time before a BL1 team picks him up...

4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #1854 Epitome990, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Considering him as NT quality is jumping the gun. The DFB has called up players before for testing purposes to eventually deem them not good enough. Lasogga is a known quantity to the Bundesliga. He got injured and fell off for around 4 years now. He also got off to a hot start for Leeds last season in the English Championship. Only to end up declining towards the end. Scoring goals as a 26 almost 27 year old in 2BL is fine and dandy but not groundbreaking news. As I said, if he can do well in the top tier for multiple seasons consistently then we'll talk.

5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    dips82 repped this.
  6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

You know when watching this again, I do realise that Germany was poor but can't help to think that nothing at all went their way
    Deflection goals against them, garbage goal by South-Korea and those numerous chances wasted... which at the end of the day is their own fault but still...

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    all of those misses were a curse put on by Mustafi for being left out.

8. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It actually was a blessing in disguise they went out in the group stages with that shower of crap, had they progressed and faced a Belgium or Brazil or France then it would have been a hammering

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    also puts more pressure on Low and the players.

had Germany been eliminated by Belgium/France/Brazil, everyone in the dfb and even Low would have used them as an excuse as to why we got eliminated.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we moved up 3 spots in the FIFA rankings to 12th place. Still outside the top 10.

#improvement.:p

11. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kai Havartz as Kartoffel and dictator-free option at AM

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Since Jogi is never going to care about Fahrmann and Baumann, the NT needs to consider Vlachodimos and Zieler as the 3rd GK option. Leno isn't quite there yet. He's finally played a game for Arsenal but it was in EL against some Ukrainian team. Karius isn't an option for me right now, too much controversy that the Turkish tabloids keep putting on him with the local women there.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  14. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Could you please fill me on the juicy details?I Iassume he's been sleeping around.

15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  16. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Hard no on Karius und Baktus

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Karius is the new Kevin Trapp. As long as they're dating Brazilian/ Turkish supermodels why should they care about football?

18. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Dawg was utterly dominant in City's 5-0 win - playing the kind of short pass and move game that opens teams up

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Since you brought up Lasogga, he has gone scoreless in 2 matches in a row and has even lost his place in their starting XI

21. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Very true, he looks a a step up in class compared to last year, loew needs to utilize him properly and give a regular starting birth

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    After such a long time at the top,' Low said, 'we were missing the last percent, the fire, the passion, and this greed to win a title no matter what.'

Low had been summoned from the floor to address FIFA's World Cup coaches' debrief by Cameroon coach Clarence Seedorf to explain what had been done to try to 'maintain the proper spirit' in the squad in Russia. It was a moot point, given Germany's elimination in the group stage four years after winning the World Cup.

In the first game against Mexico we were caught on many counterattacks,' Low said. 'We had some players who were with us a long time who weren't in good form, and we did some things wrong.'

Nine members of the squad from the victorious tournament in Brazil in 2014 also made the trip to Russia, with some playing at their third World Cup.

'We have to see how we can integrate some new players in the next years,' Low said, 'get some fresh blood into the team.'

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  24. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia