Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    GK coach Kopke said Nubel is unlikely to be nominated for Germany after his Bayern move as he has to play to even be considered.

I do think we got tons of promising up and coming GKs but all of those guys are down the line like bunch of years from now.

Current options seem to be aging Neuer, ter Stegen, Leno who never convinced for Germany and the decent Trapp

3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gnabry has been better imo, the defence hasn't been very impressive as a unit. Ginter has done ok, definitely a better option then Tah or Kehrer but is nowhere near a prime Hummels or Boateng.

Nice goal v Belarus though. :thumbsup:

Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if every player is fit for the Euro the defense will be the real issue at the tourney. Do we even have set pair or trio?Rudiger is finally back and then Sule is crosswire whether he makes it or not but even then they will lack match practice as a group going into the tourney.

5. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Only consolation to this is none of the contenders have solid defenses, France, England are dodgy, Belgium have a ageing defence, Spain are weak, Dutch bar vandyk are ordinary, Italians could be the real threat to every team

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Italians know how to dev GKs and defenders. It's one reason why Germany always struggles vs Italian.

modern day cb is becoming harder to dev, feels like the 2 spectrum of CB and CF is the one majority of countries struggle to dev.
    and then just because you dev a cb or cf doesn't make them International quality.

and Kane (most undeserved WC Golden Boot winner ever) might miss the Euro too, huge blow to England.

7. ???
    De Vrij is considered one of the top 3 CD's in Italy. What are you bullshitting about?

8. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Deligt, Van Dijk DeVrij and Blind are more than enough

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    even with those players they didn't really look good vs Germany and we were missing numerous players last time we met. What helped them is that we were shit at the back their defense might be better than Germany but not unpenetrable.

when discussing NT, what one does at club isn't extremely relevant since tons of players don't replicate form.

10. Germanyfan1993

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 17, 2018
    Did anyone get tickets for the Germany vs Spain friendly yet? I'm going to my first national men's German game - so excited! (traveling from USA)

Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that's cool, did you also get tickets for the Italy game or just Spain. Let's hope we beat Spain so that it makes your game more fun!!!

Germanyfan1993 repped this.
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    honestly Low is rarely enthusiastic about anything but I wouldn't be surprised if Gosens is overlooked. We are getting too close to Euro to try new players and that we had so many injury problems over past year and it's last few games to prep before it's Summer.

13. Germanyfan1993

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 17, 2018
    Sadly just Spain since i got cheap tickets to fly into Madrid and the timing just worked out perfectly. Fingers crossed we beat Spain, even though my friends hope Spain wins! haha -i will be crying during the national anthem :p

Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    playing a friendly in Atletico Madrid's stadium full of Spaniards, we need to have people supporting the team. Booo to your friend, guess a draw would be the only way to salvage the friendship.:D;)

I honestly can't stand Spain or France. I at least respect the Italians.

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    NT games havent been popular in the last couple of years. Basically pretty much since 2014 interest only goes downwards. Ive never been to an away game though.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I understand why interest went down as one generation ends, it takes time for another to rise.
    2014 WC was the end of Lahm, Basti (even if he played until 2016, his real end was 14), Per, Podolski, Klose all being done, end of a great era of players who all started during the bad times.

if it wasn't for the fact that I've watched every single Germany game for almost 22 years, I would also have been tempted to lose interest as one could see that the newer generation weren't going to be able to replicate the older ones and some are even saying current Germany is basically late 90s/early 00s at it's worse.

bombing at the WC and bombing at the NL does 0 to attract interest. Imagine Germany bombs at the 2024 Euro at home. That's one tourney that dfb can't embarrass themselves at.

BorisG repped this.
  17. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I do think that Germany has the Potential to play well or at least attractive football like they did in 2006/2010 ...
    We have the midfield and attack to rip any defence apart . Don’t think we will win the euros as our defence is just not strong enough. As I said many times you only win a tourney if your defence is solid . Have a look at any team that won they usually concede very little goals .
    We might beat some teams like Ireland last game 6-1, but playing against the big ones , I just don’t see our defence strong enough .

On another note I really see muller playing well at Bayern and would like to see him join the squad as a sub ....

He would make more sense then a Draxler.

If we take 12 midfielder/attacking players I think
    Muller deserves a spot .

Sane-Gnabry-Werner -
    Muller- Reus - Goretska
    Havertz- Brandt-Can
    Kimmich- Kroos-Gundo

With those 12 players we have all that is required - just a pity we don’t have the defenders ...

Ger90 and Blueberry_night repped this.
  18. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Lars Stindl & Florian Neuhaus make more sense than Draxler. Hell, even Nadiem Amiri more make sense than Draxler. I'm gonna super pissed off with Low if he called Draxler and Kehrer to euro squad.

Ger90, BorisG and Alex C repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    why? Is it wrong for Low to call up his secret son?

Draxler was ALWAYS overrated and he currently benefits due to lack of attackers. Once more promising W/AM start to breakthrough there would be even less reason to call him up.

Stindl at least always looked good for Germany and was perfectly in synch with the younger players. At the CC, he looked more like the captain than forced Draxler.

as for defensive, I really think that had Sule-Rudiger been fit the whole time and built chemistry together, we would look better. But that's not what happened and Sule either barely makes it or he misses out.....

20. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes defense is a big worry

Ger90 repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think worst part for me is that I don't even rate Rudiger that highly and he's like one of our best options, yikes. After Sule-Rudiger the quality just goes down and down. Not looking good. Guys like Ginter are decent but that's pretty much it.

we really need to find our Hummels-Boa, doesn't have to be a 1 for 1 but in 2 CBs who can be huge difference maker.

All I'm seeing is CBs who remind me of the guys from the dark times, LOL.

On some other note
    as for Kehrer he doesn't even play anymore ever since he cameback from injury. Trapp is back and Can (who I don't rate) at least has a club now where he can play. Let's hope he's not used at CB, lol.

22. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes itsza big concern, but to be honest every team now adays face issues defensively

Ger90 repped this.
  23. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To much emphasis is on kick and run football