Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I remember being glued to that game! A classic!

Ger90 repped this.
  2. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One of my favourite goals of all time, although it displayed exceptional skill by FIscher the set up was a real team goal: cross from Littbarski to ?, header from ? to Fischer. A real German goal IMHO. (i think ? is Karl Heinz Ruminegge but not sure, I know he came on late in the game).

Ger90 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the header is Horst Hrubesch.

Seriously Fischer, Hrubesch, Rumminegge back when Germany was producing class strikers. Then you got Klinsmann, Voller etc. Not sure why post 00s is when we stopped producing great strikers besides like a very few tops.

that 80s gen was unlucky 3 consecutive WC finals and only winning 1 out of 3.

I sincerely hope the next gen strikers have what it takes to take Germany to the next level........in a few years, most aren't ready for the short term.

nekkibasara and Blueberry_night repped this.
  4. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Post 00 we only have Klose performing on highest level for NT. Even so, somehow his performance in club still leave a lot to desire.

Who else? Neuville, Podolski, Jancker, Helmes, Lauth, Kuranyi, Gomez.

Ger90 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    also Hanke, Cacau (once he became eligible, it was that bad), Kiessling, Asamoah.
    and if you ignore the current active guys. That was not a great pool of strikers.

Hanke, Cacau, Kiessling (better at club), Asamoah, Neuville, Jancker, Helmes, Lauth. None of these guys were class strikers, they all fit serviceable strikers with Neuville being the best in that role in tournaments.

I also recall how Klinsmann/Low USED to play 2 uptop when we had tons of options. Once that dwindled it went to one only. And Low has come to a point where he doesn't seem to care about serviceable strikers. He'll play false 9 or Reus instead of calling up players like that.

as for the rest, Gomez, Podolski, and Kuranyi those were better. Although Gomez is inverse Klose, very good for club less for Germany but better in Euros more from 2012-2016 aka as he grew older and more experienced. Sometimes wonder how much of a very early call up to the NT hurt Gomez. Same for Werner, also got an early NT call up, interesting that both Stuttgart boys got that early call up at a time with not too many options were around. Podolski is a player who was only good for Koln and Germany that's it. Kuranyi from what I recall was doing well in both NT and league but was blacklisted and ends up as unknown factor.

That's also an issue, not every striker who does well for clubs will do well Internationally or vice versa. Its weird how so many countries around the world make use of serviceable strikers except for Germany.

what we really need is very good to World class/Elite Strikers and ones that would fit Germany's game style as well as enhancing it.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  6. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Fascinating.

You should do some posts about the role of the modern 9

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I mean do you see Gnabry, Sane, Reus etc as players that enhance the system while "acting" as strikers/forwards? All I saw was players lacking that killer instinct, missing a shit ton of chances. None of them seem to really function as strikers, that striker mentality was not really present in any of them. Players who work better when they don't play as strikers but around someone.

even Havertz and Muller (even if he's done with NT) function better with someone uptop like Volland/Lewa and other players too.

It really is not the same being forced to play uptop even with interchanging.

these players can make the system work but enhancing it? That Germany 3-2 win over the Dutch needed some luck but a draw would have been more fitting result and tournaments are never the same as qualifiers.

Reus is already 30, not much time left for him and NT, likely done max by 2022 WC assuming he can stay in form for the next 3 seasons as well. Also Sane as of now never seems to be able to last more than 45-60 min before he gazes out as well.

nekkibasara and Blueberry_night repped this.
  8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1149990928116924416 is not a valid tweet id

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he's a CM now or sometimes AM. He's a player that was headed nowhere as a Winger and it's Hecking moving him centrally that revived his career.

he's had injury issues last season which is his problem.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not surprising he was considering quitting after 2018 WC.

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think it’s good for German football and the league that BVB seems to have a really competitive squad this season that can challenge Bayern

Long time no see by the way

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looks like Sane could be out for 4-5 months according to reports. Which means he might not be back until 2020 and also means that all remaining Euro qualifiers he's out.

it's fine Draxler can replace him.........:p:laugh:

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think

Reus/Brandt Werner/Selke/Arp Ganbry/Havertz

19. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Posts about people's personal details are a breach of site TOS

20. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They arent when they are lies. We were talking about fictional personal details like Im a witcher level 40 and president of the universe in real life. Undelete those posts

21. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For those who dont remember:

I cant come up with all the countless lies but evidently @Thomsen posted here in this thread he didnt have time watching a Germany game because he had to work. After being asked why he had to work when he was a student he said "somehow he would have to pay for college which is expensive". The fun part is that @Thomsen declared himself not only being a student but also being from Norway where college is entirely free. Ergo, @Thomsen is neither from Norway nor a student

The question is why you'd need to make up those personal details anyways when anyone can post anonymously here.
    ---
    I will copy & paste this post again in here should you decide to delete it

22. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Doesn't matter. He is allowed to say he is from Bremen or Brighton. Doxing people for their "real" location is now allowed.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  23. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    No one cares where he is from. Please stop with this.

24. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Exactly. But why the lying?

25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Are you serious? High school is free in Norway, college is not lol. When you’re going to college, a majority of the student need student loans and that’s why I’ve been working 6 days a week the last summers + some days during high school to be able to pay that loan as fast as possible one day lol

What do you want me to do, submit something I’ve written in Norwegian? :rolleyes:

Ger90 repped this.