Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern doesn't look the same with Muller and Kimmich.

2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Without you mean? :p

Ger90 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, yes that's what I meant.:oops:

4. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nuer is fast becoming a laughing stock

5. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I am sure hoeness will call Loew and tell him not to select him

saj7866 repped this.
  6. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As Loew and Bierhoff was in the stands today I am hoping they will not call up Neuer

Lewisfromuk repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    isn't Neuer still captain? At this rate Kroos will be the last old guard left and he's having a rough season himself.

8. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reputation means nothing and shouldn't if you don't perform, on current form neither nuer or kroos deserve to be selected for the national team

Lewisfromuk repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm still one who thinks club form isn't everything. Kroos was good for Germany in NL but not that great for Real.....

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Löw cant just remove Neuer. Hes captain and a goalie for that matter. In that sense and given all what's considered tradition at the NT, that would be his(Neuers) end at the NT. Neuer wont sit on the bench as number 2. If Löw takes this decision then Neuer is done at the NT and Bauerns front office will fire media broadsides that will lead to Löw getting under serious pressure of losing his job as soon as MATS made the first mistake

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    dips82 repped this.
  13. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    In hindsight, after the shitshow in UCL and possibly EL, the result in last year WC was good. If we manage to qualify from group stage and losing from France / Belgium / England etc, there would be excuse of referee was shit, injury, card accumulation, individual mistakes, lucks, Godzilla running rampant, Low hadn't eat his own poop, the stars was not aligning, you name it...

By losing and become bottom dweller in group with Mexico and S.Korea, finally all stakeholder in DFB, DFL and any sane German NT fans know that something is very wrong. Be it the strategy, vision, execution and whatnot, it should lits fire below their ass.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So two tough games coming up, Serbia are always a difficult opponent with their physicality and then the Dutch away in the first qualifier.

Will there be any new faces in the squad?

16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. DumFatAmerican

Manchester United
    Germany
    Jul 27, 2018
    Sad Muller was kicked but it was probably the right movie. Focus on speed and agility

18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Two players i have doubts over are Kroos and Timo Werner. Both are in terrible form

I would pick Volland and Selke ahead of Timo Werner now. Maybe even Petersen or Weydandt, at least he offers something now

Its so easy to defend against Werner, all u need to do it dont give him space. he is a pure counter player.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

20. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stark, Klostermann, Eggestein

[​IMG]

dips82 repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #3421 Ger90, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    really we still ignore Volland, we need another striker besides Werner....

glad to see Klostermann, M.Eggestein and Stark though all deserve a call up.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Demme is now the only German left not a regular in the NT that plays in RB Leipzig. Missed the CC when called up due to fitness/injury and Orban is now with Hungary.

Stark call up makes him the 6th player from the squad that won the 2017 U21 Euros to make the NT after in no specific order.
    Kehrer (a regular senior now), Gnabry (a regular senior now), Meyer (4 games), Arnold (1 game only),Gerhardt (1 game only)

although the last 3 were never regulars, will Stark be able to become one?

from that U21 squad the 94-95 players feels like Kempf and Selke are the only ones left. Both had injury issues in recent times and Kempf can't stay at Stuttgart if they get relegation though.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    just realized we ignored Can, who seems to be doing well at Juventus. Looks like there is no space for him or Demirbay. Draxler isn't fit which is why he isn't there. da Costa will find it hard to get chance if Klostermann is preferred over him. And still no 2nd striker after the Uth/Petersen try out....

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ... the situation before the nomination: I wanted to use the cadre nomination as an opportunity to describe one or the other personally from my point of view. We have a new cycle starting in March with the EM 2020, and of course it was essential for me to make some changes based on the achievements and results of the past year. After the conclusion of the Nations League, we thought in the coaching team how the team will play in the future and what it should look like in 2020. We have decided to make certain decisions. We have set some criteria, but that does not happen overnight, but it was a process. That there must be changes was clear to us. We made the decisions after watching some games in February and trying to qualify with a younger team. It was obvious that we need to communicate things relatively quickly.

... the omission of Boateng, Hummels and Müller: The most important thing was that we inform the players in a personal conversation. That was above everything. We wanted to have a personal, open and honest conversation. Sometimes it is strange to be judged over a conversation even though you were not there at all. The appreciation for the players is self-evident, they have achieved something unique. All their international matches have made them in my time, it was a long journey, we went together with disappointment, but also with many beautiful experiences. Emotionally, that was really hard for me, it was also a process for me, because we have so much to thank the players. My job is to make decisions. I have to make decisions for the future, we have decided to go into the qualifiers with players who have perspective. We will give them responsibility, if they can carry them, they have to prove them. My job was to treat the players honestly and fairly. I told them I was planning the European Championship and qualifying without them, because I want to give young players the opportunity to develop.

... about a possible return: The players were of course extremely disappointed and have made me understand that they are basically still available. But the fact is that I told the players: I plan the qualification and European Championship without you ... the current squad: There are three players who were not yet in the senior team. In coordination with U 21 coach Stefan Kuntz, we appointed Lukas Klostermann and Maximilian Eggestein. You should make the step to us, so that we can make an impression personally. Niklas Stark has recently been in very good shape, he has won two titles with the U-national teams. Marcel Halstenberg was with us before the World Cup and made a good international match. Unfortunately, he was out of action for a long time but now has a good rhythm

. ... the new game idea: Since the World Cup and the Nations League, we have thought a lot about what our new direction should look like. The common thread - possession of the ball, radiating dominance - will continue, ball possession football is not dead. But again we need more dynamism, determination and speed. We have to improve these things. What has made us strong for years to prepare our opponents, we have lost at the World Cup. In March 2018 and qualifying, these things were still there, but at the World Cup and beyond, our game became predictable. It was characterized by long ball passages and slowness, without the idea to come in the last third. We have to correct that. We will obviously have much more possession of the ball against many qualifying teams, but we need to increase our momentum. We need players who are faster again and find quick solutions under pressure.

....New Leaders: I could enumerate some players who need to grow into this task. It's also a process for her. I have seen many generations of players as coaches, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Sami Khedira or Philipp Lahm had to come over the years in this leadership position to see the team and not just to look at their own performance. We have young players who can be given responsibility, but we have to see how they handle it. You can not expect that to work right now. That has to evolve.

... the goalkeeping situation: Manuel Neuer is currently our number one, I told him in November and only recently. He is our captain. Marc-André ter Stegen is currently at a world class level and will get his chances. And then you will see what happens. Of course, Manuel also has to show his performance with us, in every position there is competition.

... the absence of Jonas Hector and Mario Götze: On the offensive half positions we have very, very good possibilities, so I am very satisfied with the quality. I registered that Mario played very well. Jonas currently plays very little on the left side in the club. I told him that he is still in our sights.

we pretty much lost 2 LBs in recent times as both Hector and Gerhardt don't play there much anymore.