Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When Firmino were bought by Liverpool, he played AM in his entire career;

When Alex Meier, 2015 BL topscorer joined Eintracht Frankfurt, he never played a single match at CF;

When Lewandowski joined Dortmund, he was an AM/SS, before Klopp turned him into a 9;

Suarez played SS/Wing when he was in Ajax n Liverpool, (remember his Liverpool days CF was Sturridge), then in Barcelona he is used as CF;

Aubameyang was bought as a winger, n later was transformed into a poacher. Won Top scorer award in BL too

When Thierry Henry joined Arsenal in 1999, he has never played CF... he was always a winger;

When Arsenal signed Van Persie, he was a winger and later transformed into striker;

When Real Madrid bought Cristiano Ronald, he was always a winger Forward, but later was used a striker...

My point is, where a player used to play does not mean he can’t play at other positions. Don’t make it sounds like ridiculous u shallow, ignorant people.

U guys have short term memories like a ********ing gold fish, doesn’t mean I have the same issue

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    once again who was 19 from that list??? You keep just re listing the same players that were made into strikers but always ignore the question.

complete package? Even Havertz isn't that yet, he's only 19 and you want to throw him into the lion den.

I'm wondering why your so keen on convincing the whole forum and even the whole Internet (since I'm sure that's your twitter) that Havertz should be made into a striker. Your even sending message to the dfb to make it happen. You don't think any of that is extreme?

you bring it up a million times, make the same arguments all the time.

and seem to get annoyed if people don't agree with you. You have issues.

3. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #3178 Karl-Heinz Riedle, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    I m very sorry but I do know German Football a lot
    More than all the posters here

I m closely connected to professional scouts, coaches, players n officials. I basically talk to them daily n I even have Klopp’s number

We chatted a lot about football, n they enlighten me with their professional perspectives

Don’t be surprised that I m few steps ahead of u guys because many of u are just rubbish n ignorant

Call me arrogant but u guys are amateur n extremely shallow

4. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lion den ?

Do u think transforming a 10 into 8 ( probably 6 n 8 are the most important positions in modern football) don’t involve risk?

When he is clearly better off in final third n we have many decent options at 8 (when all fit to play) ? U think there is no opportunity cost?

Anyway, Football is something u can never say never

Henry was a winger and at 21 when he joined Arsenal, he started playing striker under such transformation. Not much older than Havertz who is gonna be 20 next year

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    then why do you post here if you know all that there is to know? You just seem like someone that likes to try and show off.

and what exactly is your job? Don't think I've ever seen you say that once. Are you a reporter?

6. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I work in the football industry

That’s all I can say.

And pros see things slightly deeper than Amateurs. So I m always few steps ahead

I was saying , don’t be so surprised or find it amusing when Havertz becomes the starting striker for any team one day.

Kid has a more complete package than Germany have produced in last 10 years at least. U don’t see a full package of pace, skill, composure, size, physicality n intelligence.

Not Werner, not Uth, not Petersen I’m afraid. Havertz belongs to another level

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don’t be surprised that I m few steps ahead of u guys because many of u are just rubbish n ignorant

Call me arrogant but u guys are amateur n extremely shallow

and this is why most people here don't like you. Not really helping your case. Who posts in a social forum with fans of the same thing but trash his fellow posters? You don't see like a likable person at all.

guess the anonymity of the Internet always creates jerks.

8. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don’t care if u like me or not

But I see u guys as rubbish n amauers anyway

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    your rubbish and amateurish yourself. Don't think people forget the huge amount of flip flopping you do all the time and then pretend like you never said anything of the sort. List goes on and on.

you don't care if people like you or not but fixate on convincing others of your point and people are amateurish/rubbish for not agreeing, lol.

10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol I think I showed my picture with Johannes Eggestein here before. He drove me n we had dinner together

Have a guess of what I do

But I m closely connected to pros. So I see things slightly different. Because I’m informed with their professional perspectives

N i have to tell u I have Jojo, Klopp, Gary Gordon n Slaven Skeledzic’s contact n we talk at least once a month.

I showed the questionnaires to Kuntz n his replies in green. I hope it helps u hopeless people who are so shallow n difficult to face changes

ADC8E3F8-DCB8-4096-BFA2-CF2EDD60C31A.jpeg 9F8AEA65-0B36-440A-A392-26D944DA2599.jpeg

11. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not agreeing what?

Havertz doesn’t have what it takes to play striker? Or he won’t ever play striker? Lol

As I said, never say never in Football world. The day when he actually plays there (which will happen) . U will make a fool of yourself

As I said, I m few steps ahead of u guys.

When u say Werner is an aerial threats. Maybe u should check his stats in last two seasons. He wins 0.3 aerial duels this season thus far, 0.4 in entire last season. Can we have a striker who have almost no aerial threat? Exactly Germany have been neglecting at the striker position in years

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah man my world will fall apart if Havertz is made into a CF. I'll go into depression for years and won't recover until he leads Germany to glory!

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    why would I make a fool of myself? If he's made into one, fine but he's currently not one.

your posts show how illogical you are and how you judge other people like someone with no social skills.

just like your "you'll be embarrassed for not hatin on Werner like me" from days ago.

why would I be embarrassed about anything lol?

14. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Havertz has everything u want in a modern attacker. Pace, skill, composure, intelligence, size...

Don’t say he should be developed as an “8” because it’s a waste of his talent n magnify his weaknesses

If teams are playing 343 or 4141(433), he should be one of the frontman rather than playing outside final third most part of the game.

U have to look at the team setup too. When we have basically no reliable striker n we can’t produce a decent one in years. What can we have to lose to put him there? Because of frigging Werner who only scored in 4 games this season or ....Nils Petersen? Lol

We also have some good options at 8 n 10. These are the easier positions to produce talents in Germany, especially in recent years.

So if u want a long term answer at CF, play Havertz there. That’s my last advice

Transformation From “10” to “9” , have many successful stories. Firmino, Lewandowski, Kruse, Stindl n Alex Meier are some examples.

Don’t be shock....

15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U are one very shallow posters n can’t make good judgement on players’ potential

No wonder u are an amateur forever lol

Yeah keep posting here n assume u are a pro

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    why would anyone be shocked? This isn't a pro CB becoming a CF or fullback for it to be shocking.

and you've made the same argument a million times. Nothing wrong with a million and one amright?;)

17. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok advocate Petersen and Werner as much as u like.

lol, at least after 12 years, Germany still fail to find an answer at striker

Because they don’t think strikers needed to be all-round. They either focus on false 9 or counter strikers like Werner.

Never find the balance. Good mix of physicality, pace, skills, composure n etc

Werner is an aerial threat? not anymore in last two seasons as stats suggested. He lacks consistency n composure in front of goal. Very limited technical skills

He only has pace now. We all should know

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I take as a compliment from a douchebag like you.
    wait when did I ever say I'm a pro? Just shows how full of shit you are.

and coming from the guy obsessed with convincing me of his views all the time.

says the guy who flip flop on players all the time. For 2 years, I've seen you flip flop on all players. Which shows even with all your supposed connections your no better. Hard to take you seriously........wait I mostly don't.

19. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I m saying Havertz at CF, is not a crazy idea as it sounds like

“10” to “9” happened many times, n many successful stories as I said

So stop saying it’s impossible. Never say never in Football industry

Dion Dublin played CF then Transformed into CB, then Played Cf afterwards again. Football is like that

20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well when the player improve or regress . We clearly will have another perspectives on the player

Maybe he doesn’t act so professionally outside the pitch. Of coz things changed n u gotta make adjustments

Maybe some are surrounded by bad friends, some have family/academic issues that stop them from progressing. Some might have serious injuries

Some smaller kids don’t grow further then u have another judgement.

Thing about Havertz is, unless he has bad influence n injuries, He is the most complete player Germany have produced in last 10 years

As we have midfield options like Kimmich, Kroos, Goretzka, Gundogan, Demirbay, Emre Can, Jonas Hofmann, Neuhaus n Eggestein

We certainly have the room for Havertz to play elsewhere. Anything but 8

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    keep showing your brain defect. Never once said it's impossible and the guy keeps saying I say that.

seriously over the last year. All I see from you is making up shit about stuff I never said. You pretend to have a good memory yet you look like you can't remember anything past a few days, lol.

you have serious issues. On top if I'm so shallow (that's a perfect definition for you actually) and amateurish. Why do you quote me all the time and try to force me to agree with your views on everything? Don't waste your time and don't quote. Would actually prefer not to bother interacting with you. It's pretty much a waste of time.

22. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Calling me flip flopping ?

U didn’t like Kimmich as DM, but do u know he played his entire career as DM, Developed there.

And u know when Bayern bought him, where he used to play? Dm.... It’s not until Guardiola who transformed him into a RB in 2016

And u are saying u don’t like to see changes, n u wanted him to play RB.

If there was no changes in his position , he would’ve never played RB

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so what does my preference for Kimmich's position have to do with your known flip flopping of players that you rate then don't rate or vice versa?

so are you done?

if it happens it happens if it doesn't it doesn't. Posting it a million times and arguing the same points a million times won't change anything.

like I told you yesterday, your obsessing in convincing everyone here when it's up to Low. Not you or me or anyone here.

If it happens than we'll judge him on his play (even if Bayer Leverkusen are unlikely to make him one) and if not than whatever we play the strikers that play there every week for their clubs.

24. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I’m sorry I just know the inside stories a lot more than u

But it’s a pity that I can’t disclose too much.

But I was saying don’t be surprised when a “10” is transformed into “9”

We have decent set up at “8” n “10”, if Havertz pans out, upside is HUGE. We can also use Neuhaus(who I do rate) , Eggestein a bit more

The opportunity cost is minimal as well. Because our striker options are players with serious holes in their games n I don’t think they can improve much such as Werner, Petersen n Volland. Selke isn’t even a definte starter for Hertha Berlin, not scoring many n is injuries riddled.

So what is the downside if Havertz can’t play CF? We stick with scrubs like Werner n Petersen. No problem

Just saying Havertz as striker is not a crazy idea. Havertz is amused with that idea too

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U still don’t get it. Where he currently plays doesn’t mean he won’t be used as striker

When Firmino joined Liverpool, there were few strikers ahead like Benteke, Sturridge, Ings, Origi n co

He somehow changed from an Am to a CF later on.

How do u know Loew isn’t considering it? Kuntz has a close connection to Loew... n he thinks there is a possibility