Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And interesting enough, u guys are so against playing Havertz up top

Stindl was also an AM, but Havertz is a much better overall all-rounder

N I don’t get the point of “having vision n good build -up /hold-up play is a waste to play striker”

What makes u think modern strikers don’t need to be good at technique and creativity? That’s what a modern all-round striker required to have

Havertz has no defence and this was against a weak Russian side playing with their 2nd team, so his problems at “8” wasn’t exposed.

We have some very good CMs: Loew is playing Kimmich there and he’s doing a good job, then I like Emre Can’s package, then u have Goretzka, Gundogan, Kroos, young breakouts such as Neuhaus And Maxi Eggestein who I rate fairly high.

We have way too many options at “8”, why do we have to play Havertz there in that 343 formation is beyond me.

Havertz is extremely well rounded, he should be the one who fill that striker spot ... a position where we have no options: Stindl is not for future, Petersen/Fullkrug is not NT starting calibre and Selke isn’t even starting in Hertha Berlin.

2. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gnabry was our false 9 against France n Russia.

And he plays at the Wing for Bayern

Just saying

3. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #2753 Karl-Heinz Riedle, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    If your concept is “a striker should be stationing inside the penalty box” , of coz it’s a waste of Havertz talent

But it’s a wrong concept of modern striker, really

Strikers are required to press, to win duels, to make recoveries, to track back for build up play, to contribute in hold-up play n passing

No modern striker is stationing just inside the penalty box. Not even Kane, Lukaku, Giroud n Mandzukic(my favourite striker) who tracks back n press a lot

Mandzukic actually was used as a LW quite frequently in Juventus. But that’s not the point

If striker is required to contribute in build up game , to create n are all required to press n defend....as well as winning duels, having the composure, vision n ability to play in tight space ...

I don’t think u can find a better candidate than Havertz up top in the entire Germany

Please don’t mention Petersen and Fullkrug for now

4. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kimmich as “6” , then Kroos n Havertz at “8”

Not enough defence in midfield and is extremely vulnerable against teams that play quick counters

343 is a formation to cover up our midfield issue, because one of the cBs can move up and help our the midfielders. Then the two wingbacks will track back and become a back-4

And if u have Kroos in the midfield, u need a lot of covering for him.

I think 343 should be the primary formation for now

Havertz playing deep is a waste of his talent in final third

5. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thierry Henry, Aubameyang, Van Persie, Lacazette, Suarez we’re wingers/SS before converted into strikers

People would say “hey they are so fast and technical, they should be used as wingers”

Then u have Firmino, Gabriel Jesus, Lars Stindl, Max Kruse, Lewandowski (was a SS/AM) n Alex Meier (started playing CF at 29?) who used to play AM.

“They all play AM so what makes u think they can be strikers ?”

Sometimes u guys just need to think outside the box for a bit.

1) if u have an all-round talent like Havertz who is a complete package,play him at CF first. Because It’s the most difficult position to fill

N it is a lot easier to find a CM than a striker in modern football nowadays

2) It’s not about someone position, it’s abot the all round attributes Havertz can provide

Strikers do not limit themselves in playing just inside the box. If they are required to press, to drop deep n build up, to create and to win duels n to score....u don’t find a better package than Havertz up top in the entire Germany

Not Petersen, not Wagner, not Fullkrug, not Uth, not Volland... these can’t start for German Nt

6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Are you drunk?

7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It’s a log jam at midfield and the idea of playing our most well-rounded talent in that log jam is so stupid

We have so many midfielders who breakout this season, and we have NO all round striker

People are saying Havertz is good at pressing n vision means he can only play Midfield is so misleading

No striker limit themselves just inside the box nowadays. For goodness sake,

See Mandzukic n Kane, ther are all required to track back n contribute in build up. So why is vision n hold-up play not required for strikers?

All teams have to press in sort sort of degree. Strikers need to contribute in defence as well. So why do u think a player who presses well, should only play midfield is beyond me

People think like 90s, have zero tactical sense of modern football

8. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Frequently highly talented attacking players break into first team out wide where there is less responsibility - it takes pressure off them.

So for instance Ozil played for Bremen as the left sided attacking mid but was always destined for AM.

So while a guy like RvP was playing left wing when he first arrived at Arsenal, his progression was always likely to be towards 9 or SS in the medium term.

I think it is more likely Havertz is eased into the german team via that kind of process rather than as one of the pivots - at least in non-friendly games, but the difference with Havertz is he is already playing in a central postion for his club.

But you know, with Reus also excelling at AM for BvB, there is every chance Germany plays with 3CMs as one variant.

9. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    As far as Suarez went - Sturridge was at that time an elite 9 throwing up world class numbers, so it was the way to play them together.

But Sturridge is also a great example of someone who was shunted to left wing at first, just like Danny Welbeck

Again i think the key point is Havertz is already playing a cental role for his club and as other posters always pointed out, the change would need to happen at club level.

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    should we give Low a raise or a bonus?
    He got the minnow that is Germany get 3 pts at the WC and then 1 pts in NL in a tough group with WC champs France and the Dutch.

dude should be rewarded for his efforts.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Draxler won't be travelling to join the NT for the Holland match either. While Kroos does join, Reus and Hector are also able to train again.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...-nicht-nach---hector-und-reus-trainieren.html

Jogi gave the team an 8 minute speech on the pitch during training today

Bierhoff is frustrated and annoyed by the turn of events and getting relegated. But wants to start from scratch again and utilize the Holland match as a point to get ready for a better Euros qualification.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...prache---bierhoff-frustriert-und-genervt.html

Ger90 repped this.
  16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just wondering , what u guys think of Goretzka and Gnabry in Bayern this season?

I think Gnabry is adapting but still manage to show some promises as a right winger. Needs to be more consistent. But I guess he can only be better

Goretzka is a weird one. He has a little bit of everything but I think he is better off the ball than with the ball. Showed his aerial ability many times but he isn’t very good at taking the ball from midfield to final third. Sometimes u want ur “8” to dribble a bit and move your opponents in order to space. He isn’t very good at it, and that’s something Dahoud and Emre Can (!) are actually good at

Goretzka to me is more of a shadow striker type who gets in the box n cause danger. Not a typical “8” who creates, but Goretzka is fairly good at using space instead of creating it

17. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes more of a poormans ballack

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Joachim Löw held a meeting with his staff and decided to continue on relying on young players unconditionally. The only veterans still indispensable to Löw's team are Neuer, Kroos and Reus with Joshua Kimmich considered as spokesman for the young generation

Löw was for a long time not sure if he could rejuvenate the team at lightning speed. Ultimately, he did it to demonstrate in front of the DFB bosses and the fans his will to change

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia

19. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    About time as well

Ger90 repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if that's true, doesn't mean Muller/Hummels/Boa are dropped either. Muller is now a bench option for his experience and Low still considers him useful.

Neuer, Reus, and Kroos now seem the only guaranteed in XI. Hummels/Boa seem no longer guarantees.

I think the U21 players have a good amount who could get chances too post U21. Which will increase the pool on top of the ones that are breaking through 1BL.

21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Because Mats Hummels is 100% the reason why Germany or Bayern hasn’t worked right? Lol

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it's more that he's no longer undisputed 1st choice like he used, same with Boa. Doesn't mean he can't end up staying 1st choice.

competition for places is the best thing for the team.

saj7866 repped this.
  23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So guys, how do you feel about the new Dutch team, and how do you like your chances on monday??

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well it's nice to see our rivals finally back after failing to making tournaments over the last 4 years.

with this being a reboot, you guys have a good chance of winning, more experience and more to fight for than us. As the Dutch only need 1 pts and you win the Group. Although we'll try to win the game in order to get some pride.

25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It should be a good game. I thought Ze Germans were fairly equal to us last game, but it was our speedy counter-attacks that made the difference.

I'm going to place a bet on monday's game, and I think a hard-fought draw is the smart choice

Ger90 repped this.