Das Martina-Upgrade: Sickle Cut Into Your Defense - Road to WWC 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lea_Schueller, Dec 1, 2018.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hendrich keeps starting over Maier over at Bayern Munich & with this game, MVT's proven to be a realist & will pick Hendrich vs the stronger teams. Lil Leo can't defend!

2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    How does Hendrich start over Maier for Bayern when she’s playing CB lol

Batfink repped this.
  3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've been adamant about Germany doing this for a very long time now, but you've been vocally, and consistently against this, until they showcase exactly what I've been speaking about versus one of your favorite wnt's... huh, lol...:confused:

I mean I know your negative towards certain wnt's doing things you don't like or understand, but Germany shouldn't have to do anything versus a few opponents like France, USA, or the Netherlands, just for you to finally understand that a competitive German wnt has it's own styles and themes for success.
    I'd give this whole CM situation a little more time. Magull wasn't 100% healthy for this match, with MVT clearly holding back Goeßling, still a little unsure about Lohmann's role, and the true effectiveness of Däbritz.

Plus Marozsan didn't help things either, once more never seeming to have any kind of positive combinations with Däbritz centrally. So I'd wait and see what happens in the next match now, where I'm sure MVT will adjust a few things vs Sweden.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #154 Batfink, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    [​IMG]
    What match were you watching to see Cascarino create a single chance for herself, her team, or come close to getting a single shot at goal...? And is Cascarino not allowed to be a good player vs Germany lol.

Simon not getting regular match time at Lyon didn't have her best performance, and this still resulted in her opponents not doing much down her side of the field lol.

Even the one 1v1 duel she lost vs the faster Cascarino STILL saw Simon manage to get back and intercept the ball prior to any pass coming across the face of goal.

Oh, and this in a match where both Karchaoui and Diani would create more threatening scenario's down Germany's offensively stronger right; the right featuring Huth, and then Gwinn, in front of Hendrich.

So yes, Hendrich played well. But your being highly disingenuous to suggest this as the norm for her in this role, and more disingenuous to pretend a lone mediocre performance for Simon instantly equates to her always being the weak link in Germany's defensive plan.

Did you learn nothing with the significantly stronger athletes like Blässe and Kerschowski playing for Germany as FB's during the Euro's,,,?

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #155 Batfink, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    I think Goeßling's defensively more responsible than Leupolz, still being deceptively quick, while possessing a better range of passing too. But if hotjam's correct, I feel there's no point talking about Kemme right now, as she's simply not going to be healthy enough to get back into WC contention.
    I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but when your openly defending Jones, I'd imagine there's a big false sense of injustice currently happening with Peter lol.

And a large part of the tactical success for Bayern versus Wolfsburg, was also having the shock return of Laudehr playing as a libero...;)

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Oh, Leonie Maier and Simone Laudehr have joined the team in Munich :D

And Linda Dallmann :D

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I went to the check the latest news (to see if this was true), and guess who else is training with the team in Munich... Peter...
    [​IMG]

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    *Sighs*

So basically she cried her way back into the team again, no?? I mean last time I checked Peter called MVT herself to ask why she wasn't called up, not the other way lol

I mean, as I stated earlier, I don't think anyone really likes Peter in the team either but correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm very suspicious that she's not very popular

9. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So basically the reason why the likes of Blässe and Islacker's not in the team anymore is because they have dignity and respect enough to realize that they'll get called up again if their performances actually say that they should lol

I can't have Peter even in the WC squad, it would bother me too much

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The only player who should be slightly annoyed about her current situation is Gasper. And that's because she's easily been the best domestic RB during a season Maier's been dealing with various injures and resulting poor form.
    The fact MVT has also brought currently injured players back into an extended training squad, would probably suggest the inclusion of Peter actually nothing too significant.

I mean, Doorsoun, Elsig, Demann, would surely be the obvious choices to be MVT's main CB options, with Hendrich, or Goeßling, the most likely options to be the replacements for those three should any of them be injured.

Leaving Peter.... an optimistic at best 6th choice CB option...? And this is with me trying to be really optimistic about Peter's status with MVT, knowing MVT didn't even consider communicating her Peter-less future for the national team to Peter lol.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If Peter really wants to help the national team, she should try to accept the fact that it's better for everybody now that MVT moves this team forward without her being in the player pool anymore.

She may have the professional drive to still want to compete with the younger and technically superior players for a wnt place, but unlike a Goeßling, or Laudehr, Peter doesn't appear to present any other special qualities that would elevate her deficiencies above her peers more obvious strengths.

Meaning all the defenders can provide what Peter would, and then showcase potential for a lot more...

12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well I've heard from some videos that she's being referred to as the "professional" one in Wolfsburg and in general, so that might be a plus for Peter lol but yes she should leave the team herself - but I think she's got too big of an ego to give up her place in the NT because she thinks of herself as important

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seeing the latest drama that's currently taking place with the men's team, where some of the last big name players from their last WC victory are being told their no longer wanted anymore, puts the rather petulant nature of Peter's complaints into better perspective lol.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    New home and away jersey's....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The home jersey being slightly reminiscent of the men's 1990 classic...
    [​IMG]
    dfb jersey.JPG

blissett repped this.
  16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Klara Bühl in the squad!!

But in the defense :confused:

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    That honestly has to be a mistake... There is no way Schweers in this squad as a mid-fielder, so Bühl can be wasted as a FB.

I've seen a lot of horrible player analysis with the wnt in recent years, but this would showcase the idiotic pattern of coaches wasting of talent in set to continue for another cycle... wow!

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lol, I'm looking at this squad again, and I'm honestly puzzled with a few choices I'm seeing... but I genuinely believe the choice to put Bühl in the list as a defender a simple mistake.

Maier and Hendrich should be the RB's come the WC, with Simon and Schweers should be the LB options. But if Doorsoun and Elsig are the first choice CB's, I'm still not sure what to think about Hegering coming into the squad to replace Demann...:unsure:

Goeßling should be a replacement CB/CM option too, meaning the squad has enough defensive options. However... I still don't know why Rauch is being selected as defensive cover in a season she's done little to impress.

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No Lohmann or Lattwein is rather disappointing, but I guess Oberdorf is the replacement in this scenario.

But.. I really hope Bühl's place in this squad will actually see her being a wide AM.

20. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Bühl as a defender is not a simple mistake - it's a huge mistake lol. The weird choices from the coaches continue under this era as well

Not sure why Demann's not nominated either lol - and it looks like Laudehr and Maier will need more game time in order to get back to the NT while Peter's not nominated even though she called MVT herself lol

The worst thing about this squad is Turid Knaak....

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They've done this before though, showing nominated players in roles they actually never play for the national team.

But with the recent history of awful player analysis negatively effecting this team, it's hard not to believe this the latest error from national coaches not understanding their own player pool.

MVT used to coach Hegering when she was younger, so I imagine a little bias is taking place here lol. Because lets be real... are we really believing Hegering showcased anything that elevates her above Laudehr...:unsure:

It's up to Demann, Laudehr, and Maier, to all prove their fitness and their quality to participate in the WC. But this mean's Hegering HAS to validate her nomination in this squad with match time, no?

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With Dallmann returning to the squad having featured so little with her club, I don't like what this could potentially mean for Maier...:cautious:. But it now see's MVT has access to Däbritz, Schweers, and Bühl, as strong left sided AM competition.

So... do you take one of Oberdorf, Lohmann, Lattwein, Bühl . Or do you select a more mature Knaak to sit on the bench behind players she's simply never going to surpass...?

23. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hegering... okay biasm is the last thing this team needs before the WC lol. I mean pick player based on actual merit please - I'd like to see Pawollek, Gasper and Lohmann instead of her :unsure:

You're right about Dallmann, so this made me a little scared about Maier's position within MVT :thumbsdown: I do still think she should be the first choice for the RB position, but as you pointed out, I think she has to prove her fitness and quality for Bayern - but I doubt she'll start in the CL game against Prague considering she's just returned from injury ugh :thumbsdown:

So I guess that Leupolz and Däbritz will be the midfield within this team while Schweers is on the left, Popp on top, Maro behind Popp and Huth on the right side, no?

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Magull and Leupolz should be the CM duo (it's balanced better), with Däbritz on the left. But while the rest of this team should select itself, I'm still lost on the logic that has players like Rauch wasting everybody's time.

See... Rauch, Knaak, Hegering, Oberdorf, are my big questions still left in this squad. And by the time these two friendlies end, at least 3 of them shouldn't have any place in the final WC selection process.

Leaving Maier replacing Rauch, Knaak being left out, as Hegering, Laudehr, Demann fight for a WC place. Knowing Oberdorf, Lohmann, Lattwein, Bühl, are the young unknown factors MVT can still call on to positively effect the team should they be called on.

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the roster
    D2ld0KLXgAA1L0f.jpg

what I'm not getting is both Dallmann & Oberdorf are recovering from injuries as well; Dallmann's only played 2 & 10 min. in Essen's last games, Oberdorf only saw action 1 game so far this year(and that was 3 games ago). So why put the extra toll of NT training/pressure on trying to impress, on them?