Das Martina-Upgrade: Sickle Cut Into Your Defense - Road to WWC 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lea_Schueller, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    A big loss although she declined a bit after her injury problems, would’ve been a much needed defensive midfielder for the team in France!

Very unfortunate really. And kudos to Lena for bashing Steffi Jones :thumbsup:

Gössling and Kessler were perhaps the best midfield duo :whistling:

Weltmann repped this.
  2. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I will always cherish what she did for the national team and Wolfsburg. 2013 +2014 that duo was on fire. One of those...what could have been, if Kessler wasn`t forced to retire.

3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    What could’ve happened in WC 2015 for example with Kessler and Alushi available and no players struggling with injuries like Popp, Marozsan and Gössling :unsure:

4. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    That`s sports. You never know what can happen. We will see what the future brings. I wouldn`t mind a future world cup final: Gwinn for the win :cool:

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Do you think she was that great though to earn «young player of the tournament»? or is it just me

6. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Not really, but I don`t know who the competing young players are. With Fifa name recognition is everything. To me, Oberdorf will be much more important in the future.

7. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I hope she developes into a box to box midfielder. She’s got everything to own the midfield - and hopefully the mentality as well

Weltmann repped this.
  8. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Something from better times to motivate the future;)

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    looks like germany has a game planned with England at Wembley in nov
    England to face Germany at Wembley

Germany's group & games to be played for Euro qualifiers. looks like Ukraine & Ireland will be their toughest opponents
    Summary - UEFA Women's Championship - Europe - Results, fixtures, tables and news - Women Soccerway

you got to curse to halfway down, but dead on perspective on Germany's run in the WC
    2019 Women’s World Cup – Exit Reports: Italy & Germany | All White Kit

a few other notes; read from somebody in the DBF, MVT wouldn't be sacked cua they had such a hard time getting her in the first place.

can't find a link again, but based on how many either domestic or international players we're in the WC from the top leagues of the world, the Bundesliga only came in 5th

these were the totals;

1) NWSL(US)..................73 players
    2) WPL(England).............57
    3) Primera(Spain)............51
    4) Femine(France)..........50
    5) Bundesliga..................34

take that though with a grainof salt as the Dutch proved very successful even though they got a relatively weak league with none of their starters playing in it