Das Martina-Upgrade: Sickle Cut Into Your Defense - Road to WWC 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lea_Schueller, Dec 1, 2018.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What did Leupolx & Hendrich do to piss off MTV?(not to play in this game)

blissett repped this.
  2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow... I've seen underwhelming teams, but with all MVT's weird decisions, this side just looks lost right now.

I can't even see a way they will get a shot on goal...:speechless:

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nothings happening... they could have had a PK, but no. This is just looking like the end.

No... it's not happening.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's too little, too late now...

The big problem to this match was MVT's Popp only mid-field being completely irrelevant against Sweden's 4-3-3.

With the annoy part of this for me, being MVT unwillingness to learn from the tactical struggles of th group stage, and provide her team some form of a clear shape for the knock out rounds.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Watching Popp and Oberdorf during the Nigeria match, I had a slight belief it might lead to the team having more balance. But witnessing what MVT wanted to do for today's match is a pretty frustrating end to a another wasted WC.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With the junior players always doing so well, it shouldn't be hard for Germany to construct a competent senior team.

So with them now no longer having an Olympic cycle in front them, surely the DFB has NO excuse but to finally reboot the future direction of it's wnt program...?

Because they once again found themselves completely exposed (and lost) to a team who was simply more organised and disciplined today, making it ridiculous to understand why Germany's women should go on limping from tournament to tournament, as if this an acceptable option anymore.

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Basically, as an outside viewer who doesn't know much of Germany's history of approaching this tournament, I have to ask about the same question @hotjam2 did: why Melanie Leupolz was never played? I had the impression she was a strong player. Maybe injured? Or was it technical choice? :cautious:

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Who knows lol... ask MVT... as every match became a random guessing game of who'd she'd actually select to play.

But hey... I think I'm done asking questions or paying attention to any of this anymore, as it doesn't really appear like the DFB's particular driven to want to improve anything with it's wnt program.

Meaning after being convinced to return once, I think I'm done here now...

9. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    WIR SIND RAUS

10. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well she’s been very strong this season for Bayern, but never looked the same for the NT this year, sadly...

blissett repped this.
  11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    But yeah, with some luck, Germany would be through lol but lost to a team that played smarter and better today

And right now I don’t understand why Knaak even was included in the squad in the first place where they could’ve brought along Bremer for example...

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, come on, @Batfink! Sleep on it, but then come back tomorrow. BigSoccer needs all of the passionate people like you to remain here, not to give up, and I just can't believe you want to give up!!!

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

And I say you all have a good time waiting on the DFB to make sure this doesn't happen again, as I've spent years following the Japanese team, and this mess, and can finally say knowing that nothings really going to change, that I'm out of here lol.

The women's game is a weird side of the sport, that seems to have at least completely bypassed the aspirations of the DFB, and left it's senior wnt in a horrible condition.

But from when I decided to make my first post, to currently looking at how things are right now, I can honestly say this was my least enjoyed and watched event, probably indicating it time I move on.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the team that should of been in there today

Hendrich....Doorsoun....Elsig.....Schweers
    ..........................Leupolz
    Huth.....Dallmann...Popp.....Dabritz.......
    ......................... Buhl

bring in Magull, Schuller & Simon for later. But the mssing link still is that elusive super forward(Buhl just don't has a goal scoring rep). Could of been Bremer or Lotzen if their career weren't riddled with injuires.But there's still many others to try; Freigang, Rall, Martinez, Wassmuth, Hopius

15. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well if you’re leaving my friend, it’s really a pity because this thread would did out otherwise! I hope you’re staying as women’s soccer and this team is always nice to chat and talk about in a rather hectic life at times :p

But yes, will the DFB do something? I’m not sure that they can do much at this point than 1) hoping that MVT gets her act together and 2) making sure that the Frauen-Bundesliga stays competitive and attractive in the years to come with the women’s soccer boost we’re seeing right now

I think this is the end of Lena Gössling and Verena Schweers, I’m afraid.

16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hendrich was awful this WC and never showed what she’s good for
    Huth as a co-captain is a terrible idea because 1) she’s a good player but nothing justifies her starting no matter what

Schult was Germany’s best player this WC and is yet to have a tournament where she’s been bad for them
    Däbritz also stepping up for me, but too quiet in the offensive at times with doing tons of defensive work every game. Hopefully she takes a step in PSG

17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    To be fair, Hrubesch should’ve just continued, but this just further highlights the amaeturishness by DFB towards their women’s program :unsure:

So MVT will continue for sure but it’s an unknown future we’re heading into now with the Euro qualification up next :whistling:

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Don't leave. :cry:

Romario'sgurl and Weltmann repped this.
  19. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Remember the Steffi Jones days.....compared to them this was actually an improvement. Let`s see the young ones develope. We got to see Oberdorf and Buhl and MVT has 2 years to bring in more younglings. Also Almuth Schult was great at the World Cup. A very pleasant surprise. Luck is also a factor and this is the third World Cup in a row, all went wrong for Maroszan. Missed 2011 because of injury and 2015 and 2019 played injured.

blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    An interesting topic to discuss could be club football in Germany (although it was already touched, I guess this WWC puts it in a new perspective): England is in the top 4 NTs in the World, Germany isn't; at the same time I guess we're witnessing a growth of FA WSL in England and a slight decline of Frauen-Bundesliga: English teams start doing marginally better than German ones in UEFA Women's Champions' League (ok, this year the fact that Wolfsburg had to meet the OL juggernaut in the quarters was of course an outlier, but I guess the general trend is there to see) and the league in England is start attracting international stars the way only Frauen-Bundesliga used to do in the past.

Do you think there is a correlation between the respective trends of the league and the results of the NTs?

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    she played one game & half both of which Germany won). She could of been switched to CB. Hegering was a disaster in both of Sweden's goals
    1) she was several feet ahead of Doursoon, when the long ball came through between them for Jacobsson. At least Hendrich oculd of had the speed to track back(instead of the slowpokin Hegering)
    2) she was right there, inches away, when Blackstenius blasted the rebound into the net. Elsig would of legally shouldered Blackstenius off the ground before the ball landed on her feet

Im sure as they grow older, they'll be top quality players, but what were the 3 teeniebobbers doing this tourney?(compared to all the veteran lineups your seeing from the semi finalists). And the funny thing is it was fore told it was going to happen as MVT trying similar youth lineups with her Swiss NT failure

and how many times it must be told, whatever Maro had, she lost it since joining Lyon. Dallmann was having a good game until MVT took her out
    not just Schult, an excellent tournie for German goalkeepers. Chile's Endler(rated the best GK at this WC), born to German parents. Jamaica's Schneider, German dad.......and indirectly, Sweden's Lindahl, lost her starting spot recently at Chelsea to the German girl with cancer, Berger!
    I think Batfink, wanted woso to turn into a sort of technical utopia on par with the men's game, instead of what we saw with Sweden, dominated by the world's fasted player, Sofia Jacobsson.
    But as long as pay remains very poor on the so called pro woso leagues. it just ain't going to happen. I mean, very few girls are going to put in the dedication that it takes to train & learn through their entire youth(even its at the top pro clubs) if there's no real salary at the end of the rainbow(except for the very few superstars). From what I've seem, most of the so called pro's females live in cramped, dorm style, living conditions(possibly provided by the clubs), rather than even being able to afford an apartemnt or buy a house. The lifestyle might work during college age, but will get tedius as you grow older.

Weltmann and kolabear repped this.
  22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well we don’t know where Elsig potentially would’ve been so... :unsure: But see, as good as she is, she would’ve struggled as well with the speed so I just hope she can improve that part of the game so we can see her on the pitch more

That 1st goal was avoidable, and to me it looked like Simon thought Hegering was gonna win the ball so she started to go forward but when she didn’t, it was too late :confused:

The 2nd goal was unlucky perhaps, 1) Magull should’ve had a freekick after a foul and 2) the ball bouncing exactly to a Swedish player is just very unlucky lol but that just confirms the mess in Germany’s defense yesterday

So I think we can expect that Gössling and Schweers will retire now sadly, and perhaps we’ll see Gasper coming on which would please me

Germany needs:
    1) a defensive boss
    2) figure out a proper defensive midfielder
    3) a real goal scorer which very well can be Schüller

23. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    @blissett

I think you’re right when suggesting that Frauen-Bundesliga is declining, which it definitely is, whereas the English league is only getting better which is true due to the money they spend there. And I don’t blame footballers going from Germany with little to no audience to England where they can earn some money and still play on the highest level

Question is if the English teams will be dominated by foreigners in the future and what this might have to say for the English women’s national team

blissett repped this.
  24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    revisitng MVT's greatest success(based it was the highest ranked oppoenent she faced), the 1-0 away win over France. look at the back line which had Elsig, Leupolz & Hendrich play the whole game
    France vs. Germany - 28 February 2019 - Women Soccerway
    and really got to wonder why MVT switched to such average players like Hegering & Gwinn instead., and then of all things. pulled out of nowhere Popp was played the DM vs Sweden.

unlike the one dimensional Stefi, at least MVT tried a variety of tactics at this WC. but in the end(vs Sweden) deciding to switch back to the familiar,Jorgie/ DBF manual(Batfink's name for it?) of plodding to take over midfield through short passes;,grinding it's way slowly downfield in numbers ithrough an all ready over crowded center,, but which unfortunately gives the opponent all the time in the world to set up their defence & co-ordinate their counters.
    In this way MVT, ala Stefi, reverted back to not having any wide attack(which I guess were suppose to be the FB's). I agree, the normally quick, Huth, was off this tournament, but a lot if it cuz MVT didnt want her to go wide. You could say the same wih the more talented, Dabritz, she supposedly a winger, but all her attacks seem to come right down the middle.
    If variety is the key to life, than MVT was not have a life!
    the league might be declining, but just look at next door; the Dutch might have the weakest league of all the western Europe, but take a look and where are they now: Euro champs plus at least WC semi-finalists.

But part of the Dutch succes is that they produce a fair amount of athletic type players to go with their technical ones. Next door Denmark produced Pernille harder, Next door Poland produced Ewa Harder. Nex door Sweden produces Sofia Jakobson, why is it discouraged in Germany to not go for athletic types? and not MVT follows that tradition but benching it's fastest or most athletic players(Hendrich, Elsig, Leupolz, Buhl) or not picking them at all(Lattwein, Rall Demann)

Weltmann repped this.
  25. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Goessling has resigned from the national team. Thank you, Lena.
    [​IMG]

blissett and Thomsen repped this.