Das Martina-Upgrade: Sickle Cut Into Your Defense - Road to WWC 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lea_Schueller, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well Maro will be playing against Sweden but question is if Germany will be able to handle the quick counters with Rolfö, Blackstenius and Jakobsson
    Now I think Germany should be playing somehow of a "backtrio" with Schweers at LB sitting deep throughout the whole game with Hegering in the center and Doorsoun at right with Gwinn moving up a bit

But again the midfield choices that MVT will be doing for the game remains highly interesting... :unsure:

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm always prepared to listen to the reasonable and balanced criticism of teams I follow, but whenever I see people using irrational opinion, lacking any real foundations of evidence, that's when I typically decide to post many of my counter arguments around here.

And if there's one thing the German wnt/women's football in Germany seems to attract, it's a whole lot of nonsensical opinion formed by people throwing around a lot of misinformation lol.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Meaning... as someone who takes notice of what a program like Japan can accomplish with a significantly less developed system, I'll always be prepared to be the first person here to criticize the German wnt program for it's long standing horrible mismanagement of it's talent pool.

But I'll never go along with the almost triumphant hunger people seem to show for openly dismissing and questioning all things related to German women's football right now; and this because I know the genuine talent available to these various erratic German coaches, and what it can accomplish with a coach providing them the most basic of models for success.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And this is where it get's interesting, as I feel like a lot people underestimate Germany's ability to effectively counter attack, also showing strengths at capitalizing on the turnovers of possession within the oppositions half of the field.

I couldn't believe the tactical ineptitude on show from MVT, that allowed her to start a 4-4-2 against Spain's 4-3-3, featuring Däbritz in CM, and Oberdorf out wide lol.

But then Schüller starts, receives limited service, and still scores another goal in open play. Oberdorf continues looking excellent as a CM in her first tournament with the senior team. As Popp wakes up to her Wolfsburg form, playing as a CM versus an athletic/physically strong Nigeria.

Making it really hard for me to imagine MVT so incompetent now, that she goes in to a WC quarter final not aware of Sweden's use of the 4-3-3; or the simple fact using a 4-3-3 of her own featuring Oberdorf - Popp in CM the best options she has to combat being overwhelmed in mid-field again.

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    revisiting the last game between them less than 3 months ago. Sweden's awesome/threesome didn't start. So the defense got to be carefull this time around
    Sweden vs. Germany - 6 April 2019 - Women Soccerway
    since then, the two goal scorers(Hendrich & Dallmnn). seemed to have lost favor with MVT, as well as the more physcial Lattwein(who didn't make the team)

hard to know how good the Swedes are, they seemed like they wanted to loose the game vs USA(s they could stay in the easier side of the playoff bracket), For one, they started Ilstead instead of Fisher, lol. Then they compacked their back line, thus giving the US bread & butter game, the wides, giving all the time & space in the world to fine tung their deadly craft.

Vs Germany, the Swedes backs played very high line, which gave the Germans finally an opportune to counter, They coudn't score on the initial fast breaks, but the trailers idd. This time Germany got Buyhl & Schuller(they didn't play in the first one), so I think they'll be faster down field(but then again, they might just be installed in the 2nd half).

And rembering they bunkered disastrousely vs GE in the last WC, only to bunker & beat the US in the Olympics one year later. So wondering how their going to play their defense this time around?

Got the feeling Huth will finally have her break out game, but worry that Schweers gives up to many fouls in dangerous areas

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well a win tomorrow then the team will go to Tokyo next year

You’ve both highlighted what’s important so it will indeed be interesting to see whether they’ll be able to handle it

I am afraid for Rolfö,
    Blackstenius hasn’t been in good form really

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Didn't realize this was another factor within this match... a repeat of the 2016 Olympic Gold Medal Match, to see who qualifies for the 2020 tournament...
    [​IMG]

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Do you think Huth should start tomorrow though
    I think she will but yeah although you can claim that I should be picking on other players as well, Huth’s just not been doing it for me and this I’m fairly confident to say is an objective fact as well lol

I mean since she’s the co-captain it’s hard not to start her but in my opinion it’s just weird that she’s co-running this team

9. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Silvia Neid was on german tv today during the game and she looked relaxed and ready to coach again. I think she is bored sitting in the office of the german federation.She might miss the action on the field and the way she talked we might see her coaching a foreign country in the near future. She said she was offered the coaching gig by several countries, including from some that are still in the tournament:whistling:

blissett repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, there are not many of them! :geek:

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    pretty sure Huth's going to start. One thing you got to of learned by now is the coaches at this WC have kept the same lineups in there over & over again. I mean, how many pre game posts you've read that Torrant can't defend Rapinoe? or Jll Roord comes late into the game & saved the Netherlands ass with a goal vs NZ. Her reward: she still keeps coming in as a sub sometimes as late as the 86th minute. or why isn't England's best player, Beth Mead not starting, but their defensive horror show, Millie Bright keeps on starting despite having apparently an virus. Or why didn't the Spanish coach not pick the mvp of the Primera League or the French coach not picking the leading scorer by far from her domestic one?

my bad in thinking, but MVT has nothing over some of these coaches in making it their own personal vanity projects. Huth will start, she'll be great if Swedes bunker, but if they high line(possibly fall behind) then bring in Buhl & Schuller.

one slight problem, GER has played it's weakest opponents in the last two games, now it's got to get back in the mood/or on track, playing a bit tougher one. Didn't get to watch the Nigeria game, but with the big lead over SA, MVT switched tactics to simulate what it would be like to be behind/or at least test out her own defense by sending as many as 5 runners up front.

I think Germany will win(in part cuz Sweden's defense don't look that good, I mean even Thailand scored against them, lol)

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Maro will come on later, pretty sure about that

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    According to Fox, their coming out with a 4-3-3

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1-1 half time
    after a strong start, Germany seemed to have slowed down. A little too much inter changing the players have left a bit confused when attacking. Meantime Swden making mince meat out of Heggering being out of position most of the time on defence.
    Hopefully MVT have them well conditioned as 2nd half will be well decided who gets worn down first

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

Can somebody please explain to me how you go from accidentally finding out Popp is a pretty good DM, to the idiot strategy of believing Popp is now your entire CM game plan...?

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You clearly have issues in CM, not tracking runners, or being able to influence the game by making tackles/pressure opposing attackers. But after seeing this almost blow up in her face versus Spain, MVT decides to start Dallmann out wide this time, so Däbritz can be a passengers for another 45 mins in CM...:confused:

There playing against a 4-3-3 again.... but this time MVT's irregular tactics decides she'll start with 1 CM, and hope Däbritz and Magull create and score goals lol.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks to SImon's general incompetence, MVT's already had to waste one sub trying to correct her latest batch of mistakes. But the next move has to be remove Dallmann, and just getting Oberdorf in CM ASAP!

That defense can not cope without protection for the long ball, and it's not helping anybody having Däbritz wonder around CM looking lost for another 45 mins.

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why did MTV take out Dallmann?

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh... and her answer to try and fix this mess is to put Marozsan into CM...
    [​IMG]

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't see how they come back from this mess... MVT's entire tournament has been correcting her own tactical mistakes as the match progress. But what I'm seeing here, has bad body langue, and even worse implantation of a game plan.

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They need to manage the next 15 mins without conceding another goal... if they can do that, it might be their only chance to save themselves late in the match.

Paying attention to the CM now, you see Magull next to Popp... but MVT has set her team a monumental task trying to rectify more of her nonsense.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Marozsan's a passenger, they're struggling to compete and create chances, but if they can stay in this match without conceding another goal, they might be able to save this match late.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh.. Oh.. 70 mins into the match, NOW we see Oberdorf in CM...:confused:
    [​IMG]

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I wasn't even meant to watch this match, but went out of my way to see it, and now find my self watching such a spiritless display... I wish I didn't even waste my time.