Das Martina-Upgrade: Sickle Cut Into Your Defense - Road to WWC 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lea_Schueller, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Lea_Schueller

Lea_Schueller New Member

Sep 1, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Martina Voss-Tecklenburg, 22 December 1967, Duisburg

2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Is it you, White/Blue??

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    long live Hrubesch!

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    China, Spain and South-Africa then...

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, Euro-teams Germany and Spain should advance from this group, but China and South Africa are not a blank. :coffee:

7. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    My thought
    Maybe it's clever to settle for a second place actually as the winner in this group is very likely to meet the US in the quarters...

8. Lea_Schueller

Lea_Schueller New Member

Sep 1, 2018
    With Martina at helm I wouldnt be bothered about the prospect of meeting anyone

[​IMG]

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #9 Batfink, Dec 9, 2018 at 3:51 AM
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 3:59 AM
    [​IMG] ...
    I've repeated the same sentiment for what feels like a long time now, where I speculate the DFB has done nothing but set this team up to fail no matter who they faced during the WC group stages.

I mean everything I've seen over the past 4 years says the senior German wnt is basically irrelevant when it comes to any serious discussions concerning potential tournament winners.

So I feel it's probably best people stop expecting common sense results when it comes to assessing this team, when the reality of recent coaching decisions means they could EASILY struggle with an unknown factor team like South Africa, failing to beat tactically superior teams like Spain, and China.

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Germany hasn't beaten the US since 2003. I've only watched the games of this decade, but whether it's friendlies or tournies, it's been US 6 wins/2 ties. Unfortunately it's been the predictable style of Neid & Jones that's at fault, Their insistence of playing the ball from the back & going straight up through the middle with their short combo passing game falls right into the trap of what Americans do best; an very intense, high press. There's is though an achilles heel to this, to make it easier to press, they condense the field by bringing their back line all the way up to mid, So one nice high ball over it would have the American side scrambling back in disarray. But if you remember the last game, Jones stubbornly refused to do this even tough she had the 30 miles per hour winds on her side, she instead kept going with the short passing, ground game in the 2nd half which got them pinned down for most of that half

Oddly enough, the one team that has it over the US(at least tournament wide) is Sweden(in the same group). Their former coach, Pia, knows a thing or two about Americans since she used to coached them as well, lol. I'm sure she still works with whoever is currently in charge to figure out a way to beat them again(so no guarantee the US will their group)

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]...
    Pretty sure Germany hasn't actually showcased a legit mid-field game plan for a very long time versus... anybody; so it's probably not that strange to once again see you suggesting it's actually Germany's persistent implementation of a genuine tactical strategy..:confused:, that's currently at the root of there senior team truly competing with the US lol.

I mean the moment Germany's senior team actually finds it's tactical/stylistic identity again, I wouldn't be shocked to see them beating many of the sports best wnt's as a highly impressive footballing unit.

And when this starts to happens, I doubt many of these games will see a close margin of victory too. As the long time FIFA ranked #2 have produced nothing but completely uninspired football during their 15 year hiatus of being anywhere near the quality of a WC finalist/champion.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seriously... if Germany have to be this uninspired/terrible for other wnt's to compete and beat them, I can only imagine how abrupt the change will be for everybody once their positive, producing good winning football again.

And no, unfortunately I doubt this will happen any time soon, with MVT the DFB allowing persistent failures to lead the program. So....

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I mean, last time Germany met US in a competitive match in a tournament was in WC 2015 and lost in like the most ridiculous way ever
    Yes US had 2-3 chances more and they weren’t an undeserved winner but how many times in football do we witness that the team producing a couple of more chances lose? Lol
    So I wouldn’t think too much about their statistics against the US. And btw Jill Ellis isn’t that great either, so I wouldn’t be surprised if US doesn’t progress that far into the tournament