Dark Knight Please Explain

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Dirt McGirt, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to see you take your high and mighty attitude there. I'd like to see the results. From your posts on YA, it's clear you are superior to all others. Why don't you demonstrate in a forum you haven't been banned from?

2. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why so much anger? I don't always agree with M but why can't people have different opinions? If you feel insecure after reading one of his posts maybe it's not his fault.

Geez big soccer is turning into a MLS and Yank Fanboy daycare and don't get me started on the DC board and the infamous " go back to hospital" shenanigans.

3. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Jaypro - let's be serious a second - have you read this thread you're posting in? :) BTW - you will be happy to learn that a Yank was cautioned recently and he didn't even call someone delusional.

4. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's amazing was it Eric Wynalda cause I read about that?

5. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Poor Nancy. So bitter and angry...

6. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the broken record syndrome with M. What an annoying drag it was to see those posts of his. Never anything new to say - just terminal negativity. The forum improved 100% for me after his departure.

7. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    To me what matters is not whether the points any poster raises are positive or negative, rather whether they're valid or not. Don't get me wrong, I dislike terminal negativity as much as the next person, but devil's advocates have their place - glass-is-half-empty types might not be the most uplifting posters to read, but they do provide often much-needed contrast. I'd rather have a dynamic forum where both sides of the coin are displayed, rather than an artificial and unrealistic shiny happy place.

Of course, I know little to nothing about this particular circumstance. I'm merely speaking generally.

8. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

It's a fair point - and part of the reason we wanted to keep M in the forum - I do personally find value in a devil's advocate. However, if you had an Arsenal forum frequented by a ManU fan who everyone knew hated Arsenal and was there with the only purpose of pointing out Arsenal's failings - and not its successes - don't you think it might be disruptive, even if there was truth in what was being said? How long do you think such person would last? I think it's illustrative that M was most focused on Tim Howard's shortcomings because he was so popular amongst Yanks.

9. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has M stated he hates American players or is this only your opinion? The fact that any negative opinions regarding Yank performances are frowned upon has made Yanks Abroad a non factor in regards to analysis. It's a fan forum which is really only good for news on obscure Yanks playing in leagues nobody watches. If that was your intention well done you've succeeded.

Now you have spazzos running around posting that Gooch getting turned and scored on is the fault of everyone else but Gooch. It's ridiculous and inaccurate. Maybe YA should have a fan(boy) sub forum and a news and analysis forum like the USA board. You could even make Superdave and Golazo68 mods in the fan(boy) sub forum so that could keep it real for those unfamiliar with anything other than MLS and newbies to football (the #1 demographic of YA BTW). The analysis sub forum could be handled by someone that has all their chromosomes intact and has maybe actually played football before and also has a bit of understanding of the history of football outside of the US and its relation to Americans playing abroad.

10. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Or maybe it was because there were a zillion threads and posts about Timmy T and how he was being scapegoated etc? :rolleyes:

Poor analogy, btw. I have no hatred of YAs as I repeated have pointed out. I just give my honest assessment of their performances, something which the fanboys over there could never deal with:- exactly the same situation as has played out with people trying to give their honest assessments of Onyewu's failings.

11. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    jri aka Golazo68 as a moderator? Now that would be funny.

12. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be awesomely awful for anyone with a shred of common sense but it could really help free up the other forum for fair and even analysis.

13. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

Jay - not only are you insulting me, but you're posting a number of things that I believe to be factually incorrect - so I think I'll quit while I'm ahead. Thanks.

14. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By their words you shall know them.

Your assertion is untrue, and therefore your conclusion is false.

I just want to take this opportunity to point out that NUFC sucks.

15. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No insult intended so I'll apologize for any confusion that my post may have caused but it would nice to be able to have to two distinct and separate sub forums for those that want to analyze and those that want to cheer.

16. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Then I guess you can edit my comment to say "who everyone felt hated" - although I suspect you blame that view on them as well. Again, I disagree with your perspective and not sure if any amount of debate will bring us closer on the subject. However, I would like to point out to you that I don't think you are balanced in your views on this topic - a balanced view would at least have some understanding why folks might believe you dislike Yanks - and folks who disagree with you seem to be idiots and incompetent in your view. So I'm not seeing how you are exhibiting the tolerance of differing viewpoints or balance which you profess to be so important to you.

17. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's uncanny how you have a knack of showing up and clearly illustrating my points. If I had a sock puppet I doubt it could be as effective as you have been. Thanks for a job well done.:)

You are my personal Willie Horton.

18. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, there is an elitist and insulting view of the posters in YA. You know, I'm not sure that is helping the situation.

I used to be a regular poster on YA. Not anymore, partially due to the mentality and partially due to time (I don't have enough time to read all the threads I'd like). Back in the day, I was supporter of jri, even when most didn't like him. But I was never much a fan of M. It was not the opposing view I disliked (there were times when it was refreshing to have such a view), but it was the "nobody is good enough" POV that I didn't like. Perhaps that is where the problem comes from.

(and yes, I've read the entire thread)

19. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would agree with that assertion although my intention was to gently needle Superdave all in good fun of course. I do understand how M might come off as condescending and I may come off like that as well sometimes and generally I don't mean to, but in regards to YA it's only made worse when the moderators fail to keep the threads balanced and on topic. If I say Gooch is playing poorly and I get attacked by five posters who either insult me personally or the Toon and the mods let it occur it's going to obviously affect my attitude toward some of the regulars.

It would be one thing to go into the Spurs board and comment on the rotten and awful play of one Jermain Jenas but I don't because that would be trolling. However as an American and a long time supporter of NUFC I have every right to comment good, bad or otherwise on the play of Gooch (who happens to be from my hometown). You would think my insight into the club and the player would be valuable to the discussion. If I come off as condescending it's only because I may have more knowledge then most Yanks in regard to the subject matter at hand and for that I can't or won't apologize. If the moderators could keep the threads on topic and hand out infractions on both sides of the discussion and not quash dissenting opinion than YA would be a much better place. Hence my original reason for starting this fine celebration of free speech on the interweb.

:D :) (Happy emoticons for those that may be offended by my words)

20. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Refer to post #144 and than read above quote again. Go back to post #144 for further clarification. Please forward all questions to my website linked in my profile.

Thank You.

21. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Just trying to point out to some really, really slow ppl who can't figure out the difference btw somebody who participants and somebody who trolls.

Just b/c you participate in a forum outside your club/country, doesn't make you an automatic "troll", especially if they are providing a friendly, balanced, rational view.

Attacking rational, balanced "outsiders" is baiting and a form of domestic trolling.

(I'm not pointing at the participants in the last 2 pages; I just do this 'cuz I know that many ppl lurk these boards.)

22. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You are the trouble maker here. Quit trolling around these parts, you're still sore about that neg-rep you rightfully earned, get over it. You were told to stop a few threads down, yet you persist on spinning threads your way.

23. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Get over yourself. :rolleyes:

I'm "sore" about the fact that some ppl cannot distinguish how their behavior affects threads and boards in general, which is entirely relevant to this thread.

I pointed out some key words that need to be kept in mind in the course of discussion.

Just trying to underscore the fact that opposing views aren't necessarily a bad thing in that they provide balance, so long as they themselves are balanced.

Stop trying to insert yourself into this.

24. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Awesome thread! :D

25. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why isn't Prenn or alex 1 doing there job, by cutting down on the racism in WR'S someone check out the racism going on in the thread "Israel national team sucks" espically from troll ruud van semz.