Dark Knight Please Explain

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Dirt McGirt, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    I certainly wish I'd treated jri differently than I did - i.e. just ignored him - so to that extent, yes.

2. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Must be the moderation. :D

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was an NUFC fan who said the team needed a whole new backline. Was that diverting attention from how the thread had evolved?

Probably.

4. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Oh come on. How can you discuss a defender without talking about the players around him.

5. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    And now I have been banned from YA for doing nothing.

Dark Knight any comment?

Also, isn't it policy to let someone know when they have had their access to a forum turned off? Especially when I did nothing wrong?

6. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your last statement is part of the problem. Some moderators become peeved at the use of the "Report Post" function, even when it is used for legitimate reasons resulting in the moderator having a shorter fuse with certain posters.

Speaking as one who has had a recent, unsuccessful, protracted discussion with dark knight I'd say you've got a snowball's chance in hell of changing his mind. He is set in his ways and will not be persuaded by facts. Stop while you've still got access to bigsoccer.

7. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, this is all really goofy. I was the poster responsible for the initial use of the word "delusional," and no, I didn't get any warning, and no, I didn't take any offense when you said we are (after all, you ain't exactly wrong...). I would guess that I got no warning because DK could tell I was just having some fun (tossing off a hasty response to a quick read-through of a long post with my kid yelling in my ear to get off the computer), and the fact that y'all took it seriously when you responded is just...goofy.

Whatever. No, I didn't contribute any civil discourse because I didn't see the game, which is why I was reading the thread, and the constant somewhat repetitive defensiveness of Newcastle fans was just getting a little old. And it still is. If you're that concerned with our getting your informed take on the subject, don't worry, I've been known to browse your threads to find that info, and I'm sure others do too.

(And FWIW, I agree that Gooch has not been playing very well, either for you or in our recent game. I'm just a little more willing to give the guy a break, I suppose, and give him some time to see if he can turn it around.)

8. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Sorry - I thought you knew that earlier. Contact me via PM and we can discuss.

9. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All with the neutral tone of some condescending old English schoolmarm.

Seriously, I'll take the barrage of rabid Newcastle fans over your shtick anyday. Your apparent blindness to it is the most annoying thing about it.

Although even I don't think you should be banned. There's always the ignore list if it gets to be too much...

10. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guilty as charged although it was meant as an overall commentary of the sad state of affairs of our defense. Completely relevant when discussing a center backs performance or lack thereof.

11. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dark Knight do you think you bear any responsibility for creating an environment that certain posters feel they can pick on and bully anyone they want without fear of punishment from certain Admins and Mods?

How long is my forum ban?

12. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jaypro,
    Even some mods are not safe from the bullying of certain posters. :( And when a mod uses the mod powers against one of those bullies, er, I mean, preferred posters, then even a mod can have his wings clipped.

Signed,
    a former mod.

13. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    +1 :D

14. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's stuff like that that makes me question why I even come back here.:(

15. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hahaha.. didnt last long did it... so you gonna go back to your old antics?

16. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Post of the Year stuff here

17. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Longer than you'd ever last, and dont forget it fatboy :D

18. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    HA!... keep dreaming!

19. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tell you what, from the experience I've had with you so far you most likely deserved your yellow card. I post something logical and you send me negative rep for being an MLS fan, or not blindly agreeing with all the negative comments many Mexican posters share on their board. You call me a troll when I do not attack or even make one comment degrading or even slightly negative about Mexico or the MFL just becuase I support the US. If you would actually read what I write then you will see I have nothing but good and positive things to say about Blanco, Mexico and the MFL for several posts now. So please, get off my back, and read what I write instead of just negative repping me because my sig says I support DC United and the US national team for God' sake! Your no troll, but you are a tool...

20. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Certainly not your yes troll.

21. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol!

22. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hey man.. it wasnt just me that you came off as a prick.. if you read the thread alot of peeps didnt like your condescening posts you put there... btw.. I didnt even read your sig nor team affiliation until you brought it up right now.. lol

23. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First of all, you imply that this was an isolated incident, which is demonstrably wrong. It wasn't simply that Newcastle fans "came along" and differed. This was but one instance in a series in which Newcastle fans, impervious to the logic that YA threads are supposed to focus on yanks abroad, insist on hectoring the locals and matching the irrational exuberances of one or two posters, ad nauseum, with their own unreasoning truculence. Inevitably the whole thing unspools into an endless wrangle that poisons the discussion for everybody else.
    That's also not accurate. To cite two examples, neither Jonathan Spector nor DaMarcus Beasley are in much favor on their respective teams and there is nothing like the Newcastle phenomenon on threads about their games. For that matter, the locals on YA are perfectly capable of carrying on both sides of the discussion about these players. As were many of the YA regulars when discussing Howard at Man Utd.

24. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If my team couldn't score any goals, I'd be talking about that. Not the defense.

But that's just me. I'm logical that way. I don't have the mentality of a screechy 13 year old girl, with the attendant insane mood swings.

25. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    There's not a lot to talk about. Their two main strikers have long term injuries. Not unreasonably, Newcastle fans are hoping their striking problems will be eased by their return. Not so with the defence where there is a clear paucity of talent at the club and a need to recruit reinforcements.
    Maybe not, but you do seem to have the gumption of a muppet.