Dark Knight Please Explain

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Dirt McGirt, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Seriously.

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Ok, rep to the first poster who writes the old "I'm rubber you're glue ..." retort. Then I'll know we're at soccer's Algonquin.

3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Ok, that won't get the Dorothy Parker memorial snoutful - although perhaps a dram for brevity.

Next!

4. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    kind of like a blind man calling you ugly.

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can someone "possibly" be something "by a wide margin?" :D

The thing about M that makes him a sad, pathetic figure to be pitied is that HE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YA'S. He only reads that forum to start arguments and find DPT material. I mean, in revenge, I sometimes look around the England boards for material, just to make the point that dumb posts are everywhere. But if I ever did that every day, would someone just put me out of my misery and kill me?

At least the NUFC fans are in the Gooch threads because they care about NUFC. I would call them many things (and have :D) but I don't pity them for reading the threads.

6. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    That's very odd. I've nominated a grand total of four posts from YA to the DPT this month. That's a whopping one a week if you can't manage to work that out. In fact, you've nominated from YA more recently than I have :rolleyes: So if I'm doing this every day to mominate dumb posts, I must be doing a totally shite job of it given the mounds of DPT material that the likes of appoo and others create on there.

7. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    appoo: check out my sig.

nice avatar, btw...

8. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    Hey who is that girl in your avatar?

I needz to know :D

9. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    perv.

10. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    DK won't close it, he was always jealous I had the longest running complaint thread against me.......................so he closed that and left this one open...............:rolleyes: :D

11. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    ever watch Entourage?

That's Sloan, E's gf (and it's a travesty that the worst carachter on the show, and possibly any show, gets a girl this hot) aka Emanuel Chriqui or something to that effect.

12. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Worst character on any show? He's sort of milk toast - nothing that offensive and equally exciting. Her character on the show makes her seem a little less appealing to me, and they have just about 0 chemistry.

But how he gets a girl that hot, now that is something dark knight can't explain.

13. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Entourage. I think E is the level headed one out of the bunch. Do you and I have something in common?:confused: :D

14. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    At least you didn't say there's hope for us to get along like Lloyd and Ari. :)

15. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can I be Ari at least? Seriously though as a mortgage broker sometimes I try and channel a little Ari Gold when I'm dealing with picky underwriters and pain in the ass realtors. :D

Back on topic: I hate you and SuperDave still. ;)

16. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    He needed something to do after he stopped coming around rec.sport.soccer just to start arguments about the Gold Cup.

17. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    if E is among the character on TV (and I think it's because he has such an important position on the show - and woefully comes up short), then Ari Gold is among the best.

He's got some of the kind of attitude in Smokin' Aces.

18. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    See, we do have common ground.

19. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Meanwhile, back in jri-land, aka Yanks Abroad, we have some pretty blatant trolling by jri who the proceeds essentially to brag about it. Given the claims on here of how "unbiased" the moderation of that forum is, it will be interesting it see how jri is dealt with:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11412577&postcount=90

20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    You've got to be kidding. That's beyond laughable.

That's the most offensive Golazo post you can find? My positive rep comments are nastier than that. ToonUSA is nastier to his banter buddies. Heck, Max Cream's dad is nastier about his kid. ( and I didn't see anyone denegrated with a 2nd grade put-down for the physically challeneged - not even once, more less repeatedly...)

I used to think you were just a cranky, typically disdainful expat, now I think maybe your six year old has stolen your screen name.

21. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll have to explain to me how the post linked was trolling, or the post that linked post refers to. If anything PS was in the same boat...and not really bad at all.

22. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Well, you see, Golazo had the audacity to go on a Gooch thread at YA and post a pro-Gooch quip and everyone knows that going to a Gooch thread and being pro-Gooch is going to offend all the, uh, the uh ... Oh, the Newcastle trolls who have gone there to troll, the, uh ... Wait, let me try again.

Ok. So it's a Gooch thread. And it's on Yanks Abroad and then, see Golazo made an obvious, not so funny quip (later echoed by SFS BTW) about Gooch, because, you know, he wasn't on the field and NUFC still gave up a goal and, well, it was really offensive to the Yanks Abroad fans who, uh ...

Ok. Let me start again. See. It's Yanks. And they're Abroad. And ...

Uh.

Ask Prawn. He'll know.

23. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Amazingly enough, even some YAers disagree with you about jri's post... Anyway, amusing to see you sticking up for a clown like him.

24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001

Ah, I've always had a soft spot for Jri. But really I was surprised at how lame your complaint was. I expect more from you. You may be insensitive, anglo-centric and pugnacious but you used to be smarter.

(oh, meant to add: are you telling us you'll now be forming your opions by the conventional wisdom on YA? That's worth the price of admission - although I'm not sure Prawn exactly qualifies as "some" YAers... hehehe. That's like authors and book jackets. You praise mine and I'll praise yours...)

25. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we all can agree the YA is a homer forum where it's ok to flame fans of a team rather than fans of the player who denigrate the players team when things don't go the Yanks way. DK basically said this is so and I don't see it changing. The best way to get honest news of a Yanks form is to go to that teams forum and read what knowledgeable supporters are saying in that regard. Think of Yanks Abroad as infotainment rather than real news or analysis similar to a Fox News or Entertainment Tonight. Golazo68 and Superdave are the BS equivalent to Bill O'Reilly and Shawn Hannity. You can't get mad at them anymore because 90% of the crap coming out of there mouth has no basis in logic and reason.