dark horses for 2010

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by The Potter, Aug 27, 2004.

1. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    are the u.s genuine contenders for the 2010 world cup

with

howard, spector,adu,gaven,beasly and donovan

please forget cooper and whitbread there not going to make the grade

2. ugaaccountant

ugaaccountant New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Yes they are that's the group of star players. We also have Danny Szetela and Clint Dempsey as potential stars. That's a very good core to build around.

3. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we better hope cooper's gonna make the grade... who would play foward then? Adu is obviously better at the attacking mid position... and by 2010 that will be his spot and not donovan's.

4. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my top dark horses for 2010:

[​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

5. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not bad selections :)

6. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure there will be more than two people who will emerge in the next 6 years. Call it a hunch.

7. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    heard of szetela not dempsey any info

gaven looks like a proper footballer born with a ball at his feet scholes like corect me if i'm wrong

8. simplysoccerBR

simplysoccerBR New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    Curitiba
    I don't think so. I predict the US will have strengh enough to reach the quarter finals, and then be elimined in South Africa.

9. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    How could you say that?

Though i do not think Whitbread has a bright future, Cooper is 19 and is one year out of American HighSchool and has shown great signs already. Your baseing that on what? Because he is not ahead of Smith, van nistelrooy and Saha

Do not make such ridiculous comments like that if you want any respect

10. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the simple reason is i am expecting the u.s to be fighting for the world cup in and i dont see him ever being good enough to be a world level performer

i admit openly that other than howard and beasly i have only seen the others for a handful of games sorry but i cant see everyone but his touch and positioning seem off

also most man u fans who have seen more of him rate eagles,richardson and timm more highly thats my opinion

11. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    I believe I can be of some assistance

12. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clint Dempsey is a rookie this year with the New England Revolution. He has been amazing at both defensive mid and striker. Excellent ball skills, passes the ball well, attacks well and does an above average job defending, incredibly tenacious around loose balls be it in midfield or in the box, and has shown he can score (check out MLSnet.com's "sights and sounds" section for some of his goals this season.)

Honestly, Dempsey has been the bright spot in an inconsistent year for the Revolution. Bruce Arena was recently quoted as saying Dempsey is a player that should help out the national team in the future.

13. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Eagles and Richardson are midfielders

Cooper is highly rated around ManUtd supporters and "people that watch him play". Ed Johnson is the highest rated striker by ManUtd supporters. Mads Timms has fell out favor from ManUtd supporters, but what gives you ability to say i do not see him ever being good enough to be a world level performer? What are you baseing this on? He is 19!

Now who are you talking about? Whose touch and positioning?

14. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    eagles and richardson are both offensive players eagles will end up as second striker

coopers touch and positioning

15. jelliot

jelliot Member

Jun 10, 2002
    DC, Adams Morgan
    I have less respect for you.

If i rememeber correctly John Thorington and Jovan Kirovski were in the same youth system, highly rated at a young age. These two guys really panned out didn't they.
    It is possible that Cooper will pan out put, but I would say it is more likely that he will never see 3 games with the USMNT.
    There are probably 5 people in this entire search engine that have seen Kenny Cooper play, so lets atleast wait until half of the users on bigsoccer have seen what he can do.
    I am so sick of Kenny Cooper talk, until he actually makes it on tv. Now that is British tv or American tv, he is not on either.
    Lets just wait to see what he can do. And at this point I would say he may not even make the MLS.

16. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    is sort of agree with you
    but a mate as a channel with manu reserve games thats were i saw him

17. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Do you have any hunches about some new faces on the coaching department ...?