Danny Waltman to the Tacoma Stars

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Scooge, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Kit repped this.
  2. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Just posted on the Stars' Facebook page...

Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 10.41.09 AM.png

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's great for Danny. Rarely do you get to actually live a childhood dream. Danny will.

Joey Tee repped this.
  4. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Tacoma continuing to do the right things. We may just have a new model franchise.

5. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, the bar on that is fairly low.

SteveCo repped this.
  6. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Let's not get carried away. The last Tacoma Stars signed Greg Howes away from Milwaukee and that didn't turn out so well.

But signing Waltman at least shows they are not going to pull a Harrisburg or Tulsa and think they were going to narrow last year's 17-1 losses with another year of experience.

7. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    There is a lot more to it than just the Waltman signing.

SteveCo repped this.
  8. SteveCo

SteveCo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tacoma did not have a competitive MASL team last season, which was understandable given the circumstances. Waltman will likely be put to work recruiting veteran indoor players, and I would not be surprised if most of their roster in the fall are new free agent signings.

Hopefully, Tacoma has the financing to build an actual roster of skilled players. It will be a long year for Waltman if they do not. It is a coup for Tacoma, though. A newer team needs a star to build around.

9. lmccluer

lmccluer Member

Mar 23, 2014
    I'm sure a lot of Comets fans are crying in their Captain Crunch cereal this morning!

SteveCo repped this.
  10. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    So... at least for 2015-2016, the Stars should schedule only one of their home games at the Tacoma Dome?

11. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Great idea on the Tacoma Dome thing. Logistics might be an issue. I wonder if they still have boards from soccer / hockey?

12. Headhunter21

Headhunter21 Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Little known fact (or at least it hasn't been mentioned yet), Danny's father was either in the ownership group, or one of the investors in the Tacoma Stars in the original MISL. Danny grew up watching the Stars and it was always his dream to play for them. So this is his chance. I'm happy that he's able to fulfill a life long dream, no matter what the state of the MASL or this rendition of the Tacoma Stars. I'm happy for Danny, the player. He will help create some missing excitement with this franchise. And there is no greater personality to have as your new franchise player!

EnricoSharke and SteveCo repped this.