News: Danica Patrick Fan Club

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Oceans of time, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Oceans of time

Jun 26, 2007
    Chicago
    After seeing Danica's genuine, unbridled enthusiasm right after her top ten finish in her first stock car race (ARCA 200 at Daytona last night) and the beautiful yet tough race she drove I am back in the Danica Patrick fan club (annoying, androgynous Danica Fanicas, sexy Godaddy commercials and hissy fits not withstanding). The girl is a steely eyed race car driver.

It would be good if won a few more so as not to go the way of Kornikova but I think there is some real talent there. What say y'all?

2. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think she has talent. She would be a Sharapova more than a Kurnikova...

I can understand why some people are annoyed with all the hype, the ads, etc. But that doesn't mean she's a completely bad driver even if better drivers are not enjoying the same publicity. So, yeah, some over hype her because she's a girl and others underrate her for the same reason...

Staying a bit objective, it has to be said that she actually was the best US driver in open wheel racing last year or at least the one that had the best results in the season. She could fare well in Nascar since she seems to be more competitive on ovals compared to road and street circuits.

It would have been nice to see her in F1 but it's understandable that she had a lot to lose by doing so at the moment she knew she wouldn't get a first tier car.

God speed Danica, show us what you can do !

3. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I think Danica Patrick sucks and is nothing more than an over hyped media tool. She's won only 1 race in here entire professional racing career (and even that was under suspicious circumstances) yet people fall at her feet as if her last name where Schumacher. It's pitiful to say the least.

If she were ugly no one would ever pay her any attention.

I wish she would just get pregnant and retire.

4. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Happy 100th Women's Day ! :D

5. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    The first IndyCar race of the season is in the books. And Danica? She started 13th and finished.....15th.

I predict that on road and street courses she'll just mail her drives in this year. She might try a little harder on the ovals though, we'll have to wait and see.

americangrandprix.blogspot.com

6. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    24 cars for St. Pete, Danica will be starting in the 21st spot.

americangrandprix.blogspot

7. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    But she's so sexy when she's angry...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvOGWIMe00s"]YouTube- IndyCar Crashes and Conflict - part 6 Women behind the wheel[/ame]