News: DaMarcus Beasley announces retirement following 2019 season

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by nbrooks503, May 20, 2019.

1. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This man played in 4 World Cups for the U.S.A.!
    Captained our Houston Dynamo many times.
    True legend of the sport here in our nation.
    Thanks for you being you Mr. Beasley!!!

Dynamo_Forever and DonJuego repped this.
  3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Listen, I have a ton of respect for DMBs career especially as a USMNT player.

But as a Dynamo player he is to the club as Carlos Lee was to the Astros - a good player who was signed on the downside of his career and stuck playing on bad Dynamo teams and never really paid off.

4. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beasley's ripper to the Guastatoya's net away in Champions League play sez hello you banana head!

5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It says he scored a goal that doesn’t make up for getting hurt and somewhat torched on the backline with the others. We overpaid him as a DP back for no reason other than Chris Canetti wanted to win twitter with a “name” player that we didn’t need.

Not trashing him but his tenure here has been largely forgettable, not all of his doing.

6. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    DMB captained is through the open cup last year and helped us win that championship.

Was it as important as MLS cup? No but pretty important in that we never had won that trophy before.

Yes he definitely was too expensive for what we got the first couple of years but I have enjoyed the last three years of him playing for this team.

CeltTexan repped this.
  7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not trying to turn this into a debate on trophies but how many people in this city are aware of or even remember that the Dynamo won the USOC?

Once again, not slamming him but he’s been mostly unremarkable for the Dynamo. Is Charles Barkley considered a Rocket great?

8. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    How many people in this entire area of Texas are even aware there is a men’s / women’s professional soccer team or that there is a dedicated stadium or that the team won two MLS championships? What’s the point?

USOpen Cup and MLS cup championships are important to most Dynamo fans as well as fans of other clubs and that matters to them.

Beasley has been a good player for the most part, especially the last three years.

Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  9. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think the attendance at US Open Cup games, even when attendance for the Dynamo was still strong, is pretty indicative of how much fans care about the US Open Cup. They don't. I'll be honest, I don't really care. Great, we won a competition where most MLS teams never bother to field a first team to play in it!! Whoopeeee!!!!!

I mean, it is better than losing but it doesn't really move the needle for all but a select few.

10. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SKC, LAFC & PHU fielded their best teams against the Dynamo last year. From my observations this is consistent across the league. MLS teams generally field close to first strength teams the first time they face MLS opponent — and play first choice teams in Semi-finals and Finals.

SKC waived (or traded or dumped somehow) a player because of his performance in USOC against us last year.

I just don’t find any real evidence that MLS teams don’t take the USOC seriously. They do have to rotate squads some and do expect some 2d stringers to beat lower division teams.

CeltTexan repped this.
  11. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    Didn't he throw a guy through a window during a bar fight?

Yeah he was pretty great

12. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    Re: Run,

I dont know that he wanted to come here, nor that we ever needed him. Was he expensive? Yes, but not exorbitantly so. Has he given it his all, been a strong leader through all the bullshit this team put him and everyone else through? Yes.

He has brought honor, integrity, and respect to the club. And he even brought us our first trophy in a decade.

Totally worth having him.

CeltTexan repped this.
  13. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Last USOC game I went to was 2-3 years ago. A loss to SKC. The Dynamo team was mostly RGV, SKC had maybe 4 starters playing.