Dallas Cup

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by theodore, Mar 2, 2008.

1. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Yup. Parking at PHP and stadium games. I saw it TLo's blurb the Fune Brothers will be back for the U18's.

2. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's not the Dev ac rules... it's MLS rules.

It would be like allowing Dario Sala to play keeper for my over 30 team.

3. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Oh man, I love Dallas Cup...Anyone remember the brawl between CAP and Argentinos Juniors at Lake Highlands Stadium? That happened like 10 feet in front of me!

My schedule for Sunday
    -FCD Juniors vs Toronto Lynx at 12 with maybe a little Eintracht Frankfurt v Urawa Diamonds mixed in.
    -Head into the stadium at 2 to catch the second half of Sao Paulo v Texans
    -River Plate v Andromeda at 3
    -The whip that is the opening ceremony after that
    -AC Milan v Man City at 7

Now that's an awesome day :D

4. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Monday is the day for me. Trying to catch London, Luna; Leyva and the Grandson.
    Anyone interested in sharing observations from the games they will be watching?

5. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    I will be writing notes.

6. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    I'm looking for contributors for a blog, FB and Twitt. I would especially find posters to post in different languages. If interested, send me a PM

7. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The whip that is the opening ceremony can be spent at Lochran's! We did that last year after the Andro game, went over for a little shepherds pie and cold beer, then headed back for Liverpool. Sitting at the bar rocked as all TV's were showing games.

8. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
  9. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll be out there Sunday. Planning on skipping the stupid parade (that's what Greg calls it) and going to Lochranns or something. LOVE DC!

10. FCD-FAN

FCD-FAN Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Saginaw, Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got media credentials again this year, but I'm out of town for another tournament this weekend and working most of next. I hope to catch a game or two during the week and we'll see how much time I get to spend out there next weekend. Being Easter Sunday with kids makes it kind of hard to get out there.

11. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    I'm sure I will be squeezing in some Lochranns during the championship league games. sucks to be a soccer fan in Dallas this week.

12. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    msilverstein47 repped this.
  14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Watching the game against Everton, I had my eye trained on Pomykal, Ferreira, and Cannon. It looks like Pareja and Clavijo have learned. Sign our most promising players BEFORE playing them in their penultimate youth competition. Scouts will be drooling over these prospects, but will have to open their wallets at some point. As for the rest of the players, I am less familiar, but they deserve their own focused viewing.

Wow. This U-19 team is good. Pomykal had so many flashy moments and had a serene poise in the midfield. That entire play ending in his goal was excellent. Ferreira thrives on schooling his opponent. Not in a Adu-type player obsessed with his own highlights reels but a sharp, direct attacker that focuses his skill on creating chances. Cannon also showed a good amount of skill, and poise. Man does he have some wheels.

16. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Shaft Brewer was also pretty good and that #8. I actually didn't think they played very good as a team and long balled it way too much. I do think their pressing defense maid Everton look very poor but it also can't be easy to come from Europe get jet lagged and play in 80 degree weather against the home team.

17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.socceramerica.com/artic...r-gordon-jagos-autobiograp.html?edition=17066
    The timing's perfect for Gordon Jago's autobiography
    April 10th, 2017
    7:44PM

A crowd of 19,417 showed up to the Cotton Bowl on Sunday to watch youth soccer. As part of the triple-header on the opening day of Dallas Cup U-19 Gordon Jago Super Group play, FC Dallas beat Everton, 5-0, and Chivas Guadalajara downed Manchester United, 4-1. Among those in the stands, Gordon Jago himself.

18. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Was at last night's game vs Monterrey. Ended 1-1. Rayados had a distinct advantage as their first game was postponed due to Maccabi's travel issues (weather). So, those fresh legs could clearly be seen as Monterrey owned the majority of possession, especially after Dallas scored (Ferreira stealing the ball from the RB and slipping past the keeper). Despite the possession the Mexican side created few quality chances even as Dallas collectively started to gas out with about 20 minutes remaining.

I'm now starting to believe Paxton has a third lung. The amount of running at full speed that kid did last night, just 24 hours after doing just that, is stunning. He's really, really good and hit two laser strikes that forced the Monterrey keeper into a pair of stunning saves.

Getting to stand along side the bench was really interesting to listen to the staff talk to the players before, during and post game. The difference between listening to Martin Vasquez talk to his RSL side at halftime of their loss to United was notable from FCD's staff talk. The latter was far more "adult", far less about convincing them they were just as good. Dallas is very tactical, very organized and clearly very well coached. They can win this tournament.

Dallas sits in a good place as they have a day off and only have Maccabi remaining, who by the time that game starts will be playing their 3rd game in three consecutive days. Monterrey plays Maccabi today, assuming they win, will go into their third game in three days facing Everton who will have had their normal day off.

El Chico Carmona repped this.
  19. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    How about Pomykal's goal in that Everton game? He made one-touch football in the box look like a piece of cake. He's clearly a cut above of his peers.

20. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The way he curled his pass over the two defenders put Brewer in the perfect position for the return pass. It was an excellent pass from Pomykal, and good movement into space from Brewer. The finish was clinical.

There was another moment in the midfield, where he turned two defenders inside out with a Cruyff turn and moved in on goal. He clearly knows that he is on a different level with this team, and wants to show his coaches.

21. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    as I publicly stated on social media and to my family, "Paxton is my Sprit Animal".

22. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    This has got to be the most frustrating Dallas cup ever. So much hype around FC Dallas, yet only their first game was streamed. Granted the second might have been derailed by a thunderstorm, but the game against Maccabi Haifa is going on now. No stream.

23. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I imagine you're going to enjoy the next round more so hopefully if you can't go in person those games will be streamed.

24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    So....................2-1 victory over Coritiba last night.
    Wonderful game-wining goal. Jesus Ferreira to Paxton Pomykol.
    FCD willing be taking on Monterrey on Sunday to become only the 2nd domestic team to win the championship since 1986. The other was Omar Gonzalez' Dallas Texans in 2006.
    853111965228691456 is not a valid tweet id

FCD will be in two additional finals on Saturday.

For those wanting a way to watch these games, maybe this? Looks like parts of the country don't get service, though.

25. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Slick stuff from the kiddos there. Ferreira to Pomykal...fun to watch.