Dallas Cup

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by theodore, Mar 2, 2008.

1. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

Southampton.

2. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    [youtube]_EeEDKErYJ4[/youtube]

3. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Well it's Liverpool v Tigres in the final.

They beat Benfica 2-1 tonight in a VERY closely contested game. Much much closer than any game they've played so far.

The game started out with a feeling out process and no real chances for the first 20 minutes. Benfica hit the post on a looping header with about 25 minutes gone. In about the 30th minute, Liverpool got a very lucky goal as the keeper dropped a cross right at the guy's feet and he tapped it in to give LFC a 1-0 lead heading to halftime

Benfica was the much better team through the first 25 minutes and were denied a stone cold penalty with about 10 minutes gone. They got the equalizer, another lucky goal, with about 25 minutes left on a deflected shot that the keeper had no chance on.

Liverpool took over in the last 15 minutes and scored with 5 minutes to go. Kristian Nemeth came on at halftime and really played very well, and provided the goal with an over the top ball that he ran onto, was able to get around his defender and put a low cross in that was smashed home.

There really wasn't much seperating the two teams and it really could've gone either way, but Liverpool wins. They'll get a rematch with Tigres in the final on Sunday who beat Monterrey in the early game.

Tigres beat Monterrey in a close match 2-0.

4. cmcqueen

cmcqueen New Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Hi anyone able to get to the Under 13 final to youtube it? My son is playing left midfield and I'm stuck in Southampton :(
    Cheers

5. cmcqueen

cmcqueen New Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Apparently it was....

My son Sam McQueen plays left midfield for the Southampton Under 13's. He made the first goal and scored the second for Saints in their 4-1 win over the Dallas Texans Red. His hosts said they were going to make them sleep outside! They're through to the final now too. I could really do with someone taking some video or photos cos I'm stuck in England...

6. BigNards

BigNards Member

Jul 18, 2004
    We will be there and I know the host families took a million pictures yesterday! I will see what I can find out about video - I think that the quater final game was video taped. Your team is amazing and a pleasure to watch!!!!!
    The final will be a great match up. FC Barcelona is a bigger, more physical team but your team is very skilled and plays the "beautiful game". They will be playing on the stadium pitch which is much larger than the fields they have been playing on. It will be a fun game to watch!

You can find more info here too.......http://forums.turfmonster.com/category-view.asp?catlock=30

7. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

watched Liverpool for the first time and was very dissapointed. Their central defensive partnership may be the worst I've seen in the super group in years....had Benfica capitalised on any of the several mistakes these clowns made they would have won easily. I'm going with Tigres in the final.

8. cmcqueen

cmcqueen New Member

Mar 22, 2008

I'd also like to say a big Thank you to the host families. My son has had (is having ;)) a brilliant time. He's been made to feel really welcome.

I guess the final is over now ....

9. BigNards

BigNards Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Just back from a long day at the stadium watching the finals for the u13-u15's, plus the FCD - CAP game. In the U13 final, the Southhampton boys fought hard, but in the end were a little unlucky (hit the crossbar once and had a few other good chances). I think the heat also took it's toll and when combined with the number of games they played in the last few days and the fact that they were playing on the stadium pitch, it was just too much. I thought your boys were more skillful, but the FC Barcelona team was also very good and a bit bigger and faster. It was a very good game. Hope to see your team again next year.

10. FCD-FAN

FCD-FAN Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Saginaw, Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the U15 final was pretty good....

Barca and Sockers go to extra time and then PK's!!!

Sockers take it in PK's.

I had Barca dad's on my left, and a Sockers dad on my right, and they were about to go to blows during the game.

11. FC Dizzle

FC Dizzle Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    hows the pitch holding up?

i was watching a game on tv the other day and it looked like it had some wear and tear

12. FCD-FAN

FCD-FAN Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Saginaw, Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was down on it yesterday during the u15 game, before the FCD/CAP game, and it was looking pretty good.

in fact, I was telling my wife how I couldn't believe how well it looked after all the games this week.

13. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noon, yesterday, the world got a little bit brighter. Soon after, the NCAA basketball tournament ended. Absence does indeed make the heart grow more fond; it was indeed a joyous reunion with my good friend Jim Beam. Having further survived today's excruciatingly long and numerous meals, I still have no idea who won the Dallas Cup.

I have to disagree with you, Gaffa'. I thought the Liverpool defense was quite stout. for instance, in the first half, Benefica created only a single attack. My friend (who played in the first nine Dallas Cups) and I were stunned, however, at the sheer incompetence of number five for Liverpool. Three good opportunities were created for Benefica by number five. He made up for his poor defense with passes to nobody in particular, just general players in different uniforms than the one he wore. Other than number five, who was soon being yelled at by his comrades, Liverpool's defense was not bad.

I do think that Benefica must believe they let one get away. Beyond hitting the woodwork twice, they had one of the most obvious penalties result in a free kick for Liverpool. Cast your minds back, to the Stupid League, when Toja was fouled in the box, and saw yellow for his trouble. Not even close to this. The Liverpool 'keeper made no attempt to take the ball from Gang Wang, just took him down. The foul, somehow, was on Wang. I do believe this ref was auditioning for MLS duty.

Nor can I agree with you, Coach, based on what I saw on Friday, that Tigres had a chance. It could be that I have already been proven wrong. Number five could manage a hat trick of own goals. Liverpool and Benefica looked better in talent ant tactics, though the number they players wore was far inferior to the Mexican teams.

It was nice to see a couple members of the Posse and some Posse affiliates while I was home for the Holy Days. Now, I have not had alcohol for forty days previous to yesterday, and I have some catching up to do before I return to the Capital. The blood content in my alcohol is frighteningly high.

Dead but dreaming,
    Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

What do yo mean Florida is not in the tournament?

14. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Liverpool 3 Tigres 0

I wasn't there though, but it seems like a slaughter.

15. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I sat with two Barca dads, we chatted amiably. It's not like sitting next to FCD fans, after all. ;)

Nice facilities you have there in Frisco. The kid said that thes stadium field was unbelievable, he's never played on grass of that quality before.

16. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Question, would FCD let Shea take a run out with the juniors in the Dallas Cup?

17. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't think he can. Once he signed with MLS I think he can't play for Juniors.

19. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    It's time to watch some real futbol at PHP.

20. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Chelsea and ManU can bring Benzema and Rossi. FCD can't ?

21. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    I actually love it for a different reason. These guys play balls to the wall and give 110% and the soccer is simply fantastic to watch.

22. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    But this isn't Development Academy, so it shouldn't matter right?

23. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Only the games in the stadium cost to watch right? All the other games on the youth fields and at Richland are free?