Dallas Area World Cup 2010 Watching

Discussion in 'Dallas Chapter' started by TheDallasPerspective, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Well, it's finally here! World Cup 2010 is upon us and we have partnered with FC Dallas, its pub partners, and other businesses to bring you the best, biggest, most convenient, most exciting World Cup watching in Dallas history!

USA v. ENGLAND SPECIAL EVENT: All FC Dallas pub partners, Champps, and McKinney Avenue Tavern will be supporting AO and showing the games. but we urge all Outlaws and regular attenders to go down to Victory Plaza for the watching party down there. You want to make news for supporting soccer in the USA? This is how!

SPECIAL NOTE: USA v. England is NOT something you can decide to do at the last minute. Venue after venue after venue will be full for hours before this match, so plan ahead. We recommend that you go to Victory Plaza, but wherever you go, decide ahead of time, leave first thing that morning, and stick with it. Londoner - Addison is FULLY BOOKED! Also, remembering the USA v. Brazil match last summer, there's NO SUCH THING AS A COOL VENUE. It WILL be hot, so you can be hot inside or hot outside.

FCDALLAS.COM/WORLDCUP: This is where you'll find the best information for World Cup watching. We're doing what they're doing, so bookmark that link and keep checking back often!

USA v. SLOVENIA and ALGERIA: As these are weekday games, we will be depending on the pub partners, Champps, and McKinney Avenue Tavern to accommodate people. These places were picked for their soccer-centricity and their locations near employment centers, so take half a day off and support the Yanks!

KNOCKOUT STAGE GAMES: Once the Mighty Yanks win the group, keep checking with fcdallas.com/worldcup for knockout stage venues!

WORLD CUP BLOG: My World Cup blog is live on FC Dallas's blog worldcupway.blogspot.com! Check there often for on-the-ground reports of what's happening in and around the AO group in South Africa!

As the cycle reaches its peak and years of hard work come to fruition, it's time to take a minute and thank a few folks ...

First, thanks to my fellow DFWAO officers, past and present, who have all played a major role in creating a center of gravity for all things USMNT-related in Dallas/Ft. Worth. BIG UPS to Jose, Adelaide, Dana, Andre, Richard, Brad, Marc, and Rebekah!

Next, to the past and present officers of other supporters groups in Dallas that have helped bring us into the Dallas soccer culture and done a terrific job of growing the game! BIG UPS to Warren, Dana again, Wayne, Brenda, Joey, Andy, and Kevin!

Next, the national officers and organization for providing a terrific framework and backdrop, as well as all their hard work in arranging World Cup travel and providing chapters with free stuff. BIG UPS to Justin, Korey, Chris, and Matt!

Where would we be without a place to watch the games, past and present? Starting out at Industry Bar two years ago, who would think that Victory Plaza and 20 other venues now call DFWAO a business partner? BIG UPS to Darius, Kathy, Pam, Crystal, Amy, Mike, Steve, and I know I'm forgetting a few!

SPECIAL THANKS to our main watching party partner, Trinity Hall Irish Pub, its proprietor Marius, and its excellent staff, and I'm going to forget a few ... Matt, Roger, Ron (is it?), Oliver, Brian, and all the terrific wait staff! Our beer is always cold, our game is always on, our food is always delicious, and our experience is always terrific! Thanks, Marius! Looking forward to the next cycle!

Many influential soccer personalities in the media and other avenues have stuck their necks out, brokered their influence on our behalf, or downright gave us free stuff, all because they love soccer and want the game to grow! BIG UPS to Gordon, Al, Bobby, Steve, Bob, Mark, Justin, Kevin (again), Melanie, Kats, Matt, Michael, and Sean! Hope we did you right, and hey, any time you want to mention us, feel free!

In about 48 hours, I depart for South Africa! I wish I could bring back each and every one of you something cool, but I do promise that I will do everything in my power to see if our XXIII can bring back something we'll never forget!

Cheers, peace, love, soccer, and GO YANKS!

Dave Sweeney
    Chapter President

2. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good stuff man

Whats the setup going to be like down at Victory plaza - any news on that?

Just became a member by the way ;)

3. markandrew78

markandrew78 Member

Jun 10, 2007

I was wondering the same... Can we bring beverages?

4. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. exotikcamaro

exotikcamaro New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    I am a member of AO in Baltimore and will be in the Fort Worth/Keller area this weekend. I am trying to figure out where to watch the game on Friday. As the game is just after morning rush hour, I don't know whether going to Dallas would be an option. Can anyone give me any suggestions on where to go to watch?

6. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you aren't able to make it to Frisco or Dallas.

The best option will likely be Champps in Irving:

http://champps.com/default.aspx?tabid=224

When I get some time a little later today, I'll check around to see if any place closer to Ft Worth will be showing the game.

7. exotikcamaro

exotikcamaro New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Thanks for that. I know fox and the hound will be showing the game and they have a location in downtown Fort Worth. I guesse my question was more are there going to be any AO meeting in the general Fort Worth area, or would it be better to just get up super early and head out to Dallas?

8. Cade

Cade Member

Jul 7, 2008
    i will be at TrinityHall (Dallas) Friday morning. :) I suspect a good turn out after seeing how many were there Saturday that I couldn't get in the doors and went to Victory Park.

9. markandrew78

markandrew78 Member

Jun 10, 2007

This is where I plan on attending... always a good time.