Da Ali G Show coming to HBO

Discussion in 'Books' started by obie, Feb 3, 2003.

1. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina

"Not even for an extra $1000 a week? Not a year, but a week?"

2. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    ive seen a good bit of his stuff. its friggin brilliant.

innit.

just wait till you see him interview the feminist...

"so... would you suggest that all women try femminism... at least once..."

3. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha, I didn't know he was played Borat as well. I just found out about Da Ali G show a couple days ago from a friend and I've been downloading him like crazy off of Kazaa. Some of the bits drag on but for the most part it's entertaining.

4. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Catholic priest during the "Religion" segment looked like he had swallowed a bat.

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    He was great. I loved it when Ali asked him about nuns being strippers.

6. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    remember when you i got you at gatwick 2 years ago about.... I wanted to pick up that Ali G tape at the shop but you were complaining and just wanted to go home?

Its a good thing i won that argument, eh?

Leeds Leeds Leeds

7. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    yeah, wasnt that the night i didnt sleep before hte flight, i got little sleep ON the flight, and you drug me around london for 12 hours with a 50 pound pack on my back for most of the time? yeah.. thats it :)

8. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were only in town for maybe 2-3 hours. and some of that time was in the internet café.

yer soft ;)

9. Iason

Iason Member

Feb 7, 2003
    The Fort
    I downloaded his best of. This guy is too funny.

10. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I just caught a rerun of the 3rd episode, "Politics". Not bad. I wish HBO would do the reruns at a more reasonable hour. I understand it's branded as a "Late Night" program but really, none of the stuff's worse than what you would see on The Sopranos and Sex And the City.

Still need to catch the 2nd episode.

11. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ep 3 review --

The Ali G segments were OK to bad this past week. I liked the Newt i-view and the DEA segment, but I couldn't even bear to watch the meetings with venture capitalists and Trump, it was so bad. It wasn't funny in the least. But then again, the fashion segment was once again brilliant. Complimenting the platinum blonde with the 6" long eyelashes and fake tits for her "natural look" was a perfect shallow fashion moment. Also, the Kazakh segment was the best of the three that they've shown so far -- the gun guy high-fiving him over the idea of using criminals for shooting practice was very funny and very frightening.

12. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I always thought that was Armand Van Helden, who remixed that particular version used in the video.

13. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    My favorite moment was when the gun club dude kept missing the picture of Osama in the shooting range but he still kept saying "Big man! Big man! High five!" Satire at its best.

Close second was the end of the Bruno segment:
    "Fashion saves a lot more lives than doctors?"
    "I think so."

14. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    It may be the best case of 'separated at birth' but that's definitely Ali.

15. Mr. Red

Mr. Red New Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Great show, just wish he'd go a little further with the questions to the politicans.

But I guess that wouldn't last very long...

*If you haven't already check out "Real Time" with Bill Maher (airs right before Ali G)

16. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    Big ups everytime!

17. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    My only exposure to Ali was when I saw him hosting the MTV Europe awartds, but I love this show. Borat is the man. Also, Ali's idea about "the ice cream glove" is brilliant.

18. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I thought those segments were funny, especially the ice cream glove and his flip charts.

19. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    i thought they were really funny also. "this circle represents people who like ice cream, and the other one represents people who have hands. the part in the middle is out target market"
    this show is great. i've been downloading segments off of Kazaa all morning. i'm really glad HBO picked this up. i also like the new bill maher show as well

20. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    the DEA bit had me laughing histerically outloud.... talk about two opposites.. sacha cohen and a DEA agent... lmao
    phishy

21. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    I actully thought that the fashion interviews were really funny as well in the last episode. I found the entire thing funnier upon a 2nd viewing- the part with Newtie does make you squirm a bit. The article about Ali in the latest Rolling Stone is funny.

22. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That was great. Who knew that a Venn diagram could be used for comedic purposes?

23. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The bits with James Lipton last night had me struggling to breathe from laughter.

24. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    I thought the Buzz Aldrin thing was funnier, especially asking him if it would be easier to land on the sun in winter.

25. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Overall, not as good as the previous three shows. But I agree that the Lipton and Aldrin interviews were funny. Lipton looked like he was about to blow a gasket several times. And the whole "moon is full" bit had me rolling.