Pre-match: D.C. United v. Atlanta Identity Thieves

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DecadeOfDCU26, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    So the lineup is Hamid, Korb, De Leon, Robinson, Opare, Jeffrey, Canouse, Arriola, Sam and Brown

Good news is Brown is back. Also Harkes is back and Stieber is finally cleared to play. Also Clark is in the 18. A much stronger bench than what we had in Colorado. Miranda doesn't even make the 18.

Bad news is that Josef Martinez is back for Atlanta. They've had more than a week rest. They want revenge after last 2 games. And these 3 points mean a lot more to them since they're right on the playoff line.

Winoman repped this.
  2. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wow. Miranda must've done something and/or not performed well in practice to not even be considered. It's amazing how he went from being considered in the starting XI at Colorado to being left on the bench and to now, not even being in the active roster. That being said, if the coaching staff is deciding on OT utilizing him that much, he needs to go to Richmond because as I said before, not getting consistent playing time is his Achilles' heel.

3. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Just found out that Miranda has a hamstring strain. Probably from training. We might not see him again for a couple of weeks. Not sure he would have gotten minutes today either way with Brown and Mullins available.

4. DCUSKINS

DCUSKINS Member

May 26, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United gets crushed tonight.........

5. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    At least there's no witnesses if DC gets crushed.

Winoman repped this.
  6. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    lol, they're already carving us open at will.

Winoman repped this.
  7. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Canouse with the suicide turnover, bailed out by Opare and Hamid.

Winoman repped this.
  8. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Acosta and Arriola are clicking big time. Back heels, no look passes. And then clumsy Deshorn steps in to kill the play.

Winoman and UnitedBorn repped this.
  9. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Brown, Sam, Jeffrey - ugh. Robinson is deer in headlights. Not good so far. Some Atlanta posers are where @Winoman usually sits - their collective soccer it is minus infinity.

sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  10. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Brown started playing better in the 2nd part of 1st half. Also Robinson is decent considering the opposition. I thought Sam too got involved a few times in the run of play. It's his set pieces that have been horrible, consistently about 5-10 yards too long and too lofted. Otherwise I agree about Jeffrey. Easily the worst player out there.

Winoman repped this.
  11. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Own goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I :inlove: own goal!

Full credit to Canouse though. The initial shot that leads to rebound, and the header that forced the own goal.

12. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This own goal thing is unreal

13. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Sarvas is such a liability.

Winoman repped this.
  14. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Canouse all over the place tonight. I'm loving it

roadkit, Boloni86, Winoman and 3 others repped this.
  15. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Canouse is good. my friend commented he goes to ground often, but not a problem as it seems to work.

Death, taxes, and DCU over Atlanta. Go f*ck yourselves you whiny poser trash.

fatbastard, sitruc, roadkit and 4 others repped this.
  16. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Well looks like Own Goal was our savior again. Canouse wore out his shoes, he's a gamer

sitruc, roadkit and Winoman repped this.
  17. Abner Ravenwood

Jul 21, 2004
    Last seen in Nepal
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello Own Goal my old friend
    You've won the game for us again...

superdave, fatbastard, yabo and 10 others repped this.
  18. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Barcelona and Juventus have proffered offers for Own Goal, Madrid wants to swap Benzema even up

Q*bert Jones III, sitruc, dadman and 5 others repped this.
  19. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Outside of one terrible pass early in the first half, Canouse has made the midfield so much better in just 2 games.

Now to see what it looks like with Harkes and Steiber out there.

sitruc, ElApacheTevez, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  20. DCUSA

DCUSA Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Canouse is a welcome sight.

Stan Collins, pr0ner, sitruc and 3 others repped this.
  21. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    2 game win streak on the strength of two own goals -- Playoffs baby! -- well probably not.

Canouse, NDL and Korb were just rock solid. Canouse and Korb play with a menace that has been lacking here for a long, long time. That header into traffic was a classic hockey play, throw the puck towards the scrum in front of the goal and it might bounce in. That was a very heady play from a 22 year old. NDL really is the super utility player. I do admire the fact that he just plays where he's put and leaves it all on the field.

Brown is just no worth the money that his backloaded deal is worth. His touch is poor, his positioning is poor and he has the soccer IQ of a gnat. Mullins looks no better though -- he's completely lost it this year.

As I was leaving RFK, a guy said about Sam, he can be having an awful game and then, out of nowhere, he makes a magical play. His hustling down Canouse's shot and the beautiful chip to Canouse that led to the goal was a Lloyd Sam play. It's just the other 89 minutes and 30 seconds that makes you drink heavily.

I would say Jared Jeffrey played himself off the team tonight. Just awful.

Oh, and Ted Unkel is a tool. You can scrum and wrestle until you can't. I don't know how the players can deal with such uneven reffing. I thought he was going to gift Atlanta with the tie at the end of the game after he and the AR ignored the mugging that Canouse took along the touch line.

fatbastard, Cavan9, bigredfutbol and 4 others repped this.
  22. DCUSA

DCUSA Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brown looks better than Mullins, to me, but not twice as good as his pay would suggest. Still, both of those guys will get plenty of chances the last two months, so we'll see.
    Really though, they need to buy a top striker, even if it's an overpay. If you have to think too much about it, the guy's not good enough. Splash the cash, take the thinking out of the equation.

Q*bert Jones III and Winoman repped this.
  23. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Own Goal for MVP! I think that might be the next jersey I buy.

I guess so far Canouse is the pickup of the summer!

hopefully we'll never have to see Jeffrey again

pity about Miranda getting hurt, but he might as well get his DC United Hammy out of the way

remember that season a million years ago when Agoos had something lIke 4 or 5 own goals?

sitruc, song219 and Winoman repped this.
  24. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brown shows me nothing. Miranda looked much more active and menacing. I would go with Mullins and Miranda for the remainder of the season.

Yes, despite a poor pass or two, Canouse was terrific. But I'm surprised no one has mentioned Arriola. I think he has been the best player on the pitch since he arrived. Tonight he was everywhere, getting into the attack and defending well. He still gets ignored - I think it is because so many of our players, including Hamid, are naturally right footed and their passes usually favor the left side of the pitch. Fortunately, Arriola and Sam switched sides now and then, and Arriola got more into the play.

gringolimon, sitruc, griffin1108 and 3 others repped this.
  25. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Including one at the World Cup!

Winoman repped this.