Czechs abroad [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Jan 22, 2007.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Jaroslav Plasil is most likely retiring after 10 years with Bordeaux, receiving a big sendoff from the club. He may stay with the club in a non-playing role.

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Man I forgot about Plasil. One of our most underrated players from years ago. I really loved watching him play.

3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Much of the commentary actually highlighted how much national team fans were critical of Plasil compared to his reputation at the club level. I was definitely critical at times too, especially around 2012 because he was a complete disaster at defensive midfield... although that leads to an important point in defense of Plasil's national team career, that he was frequently played out of position (Brueckner especially seemed obsessed with making him a winger).

His club career was very good though, and 10 years with a single club is rare these days.

4. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Plasil was never a DM. I remember his at LM which never really worked. He was always a slow player, but he had two great feet which made him desirable.

He was a box to box mid.

5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #455 ASU55RR, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Vladimir Coufal seems to be closing in on a move to Freiburg. He confirmed the offer and that at his age he would take the opportunity to play in Germany.

Report is 3 Million Euros with another 3 Million in potential bonuses, which I think would be enough for Slavia to sell considering its probably more than Coufal is worth depending on the bonus conditions. They already seem to have a replacement lined-up with Holes from Jablonec.

6. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Good move for him. Also more defenders playing in good leagues is good for us.

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    A German media source says Koln has submitted an offer for Soucek, while they don't specifically say amount it does refer to Soucek as 10 Million Euro valued player.

Somewhat surprised that a newly promoted team would even have that much to offer.Werder Bremen are also reportedly still very interested as well, but haven't submitted an offer.

8. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    A likely summer move that seems to be getting no attention in Czech media circles is Vaclav Cerny from Ajax -> Other Eredivisie club (most tangible rumor right now is Utrecht).

Cerny did fairly well (10 goals and 12 assists in 22 matches) in the Dutch 2nd division after coming back from his ligament injury, but is no longer considered a first team prospect at Ajax. Not sure what his potential is at this point as there were some signs even before his injury that he was stagnating, but still only 21.

9. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Needs consistent minutes and he will get better. Even if he moves to another club in the Eredivisie, that would be a good move for him.