Czechs abroad [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Followed. Thanks for that. The official Czech football twitter does keep it's followers up to date when players outside of czech start matches and score goals as well.

3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  4. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We are finally getting some players in the better leagues. Need to really start pushing our players to go play outside of Czech. I like our league, but we will never do well on the world's stage with a bunch of players from the Czech league sadly.

5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Necid transfers to Legia warsaw in poland. He has now played in Czech, Russia, Greece, Holland, Turkey, and Poland.

He is also 27 now so he really needs to find some place where he can get scoring consistently.

6. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Good moves for Pokorny and Necid. Perhaps an underwhelming league for the latter, but Legia are a fairly strong side and he needs a chance to play.

Droppa has likely lost his spot in the national team with his ridiculous move to Bandırmaspor in the Turkish second division.

Our players in Italy continue to impress. I read today that as many as four big Italian clubs are interested in Schick and are willing to spend up to 15 million. Jankto has also improved in recent weeks and I suspect he's being heavily pursued as well.

7. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    http://fotbal.idnes.cz/manazeri-age...-pbf-/fotbal.aspx?c=A170110_201002_fotbal_rou

Been meaning to post this article earlier. It was an interview done with two notable Czech agents who represent a number of our players. In summary,

• Novak has attracted Premier League interest.
    • Koubek is being scouted by clubs in Belgium, England, and Germany.
    • Krejci has hopes of moving to an "elite" Italian club.
    • Kaderabek was monitored by Schalke and now more recently, Roma.
    • Dockal and Pavelka have also been targeted by clubs in Italy.

Obviously worth looking out for in the summer window at this point, but very interesting nonetheless.

8. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It appears that Antonin Barak will join Udinese for nearly 3 million euros, but will first stay with Slavia for the remainder of the season.

9. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Krejci and Schick have been doing very well for their respective clubs. Krejci especially. I remember Roma were interested in him which would be a fantastic move. I'd also like to see Schick stay another year at Sampdoria. Moving so quickly could be a bad idea.

10. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It appears that Dockal will indeed move to China to join Henan Jianye for a fee of €8.5 million. Obviously, a good bit of business for the parties involved, but it's somewhat disappointing to see this. He'll join a side whose likely expected to be in a relegation battle based on their unbelievably low market value (worth less than the average Czech club in that regard).

Hopefully this doesn't interfere with his international career. He still has plenty to offer to the national team and currently assumes a position that doesn't have many options in the near future.

Sparta, who can certainly address a few lingering issues, will probably blow this opportunity anyways.

11. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    His national team career should be over imo. The Chinese league is no where near the level of Czech football which isn't even that great itself.

12. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    More good news from Italy. Jankto, who's been a regular starter since the beginning of the year, scored and assisted two yesterday. A number of English clubs are scouting him, including Arsenal, Stoke, and West Brom. Meanwhile, Schick is often used as a substitute, but still has a very respectable scoring record. He too is attracting interest from England and across other top leagues.

I'd be shocked if both weren't called up by Jarolim tomorrow.

13. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  14. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I do not get how Schick is not a starter yet. He has 7 goals scored in the league with only 5 starts. He is tied for 2nd at Sampdoria in goals.

15. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yeah, it's a little strange that he hasn't consistently started yet. I guess the manager prefers to utilize him as an impact sub, which is still quite harsh given his quality. I recently read that he has the most goals scored as a sub in any of the top leagues. Not sure that still stands, but impressive nonetheless.

16. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Brighton secured promotion to the Premier League. Happy for Skalak, but I honestly don't think he'll get much of a chance next season.

Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham have both confirmed a playoff position, though I'm really hoping its Kalas' club that prevails. It appears there's already negotiations underway for him to make a permanent move to Fulham which I think is in his best interest going forward.

More than capable of playing regularly in the Premier League in my opinion. I feel that both Skalak and Pudil have reached their ceiling in the Championship.

17. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Basically every big club in Europe has taken notice of Schick, who continues to impress each week. At this rate, he has the potential to become a household name in world football. He alone can take our national team to the next level.

18. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Skalak has been pretty much a decent performer for a good Brighton side. I am not sure if he has what it takes to succeed in the Premier League, but I hope he is at least given a chance as a sub.

19. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I'm sure most people are aware that Schick's move Juventus was canceled at the 11th hour. He for now is at Sampdoria, but Inter seems to be leading a new batch of interested clubs. so still quite possible he will move to a bigger club this summer.

U-21 national team's Ales Mateju of Plzen is being tracked closely by Brighton & Hove Albion, which though maybe not the biggest club is certainly one of the better named.

20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    He was sick during the medical right? It's a shame because Juve play a lot of matches and Schick would be the #3 guy there. He'd get a fair amount of minutes even as a sub.

21. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think he'd probably get minutes with Inter too, although I also wouldn't be surprised if he does transfer if Sampdoria negotiate to get him back for a loan spell next season.

The very much unconfirmed rumor of why he failed the medical exam is that he had a mild version of cardiac arrhythmia, the same irregular heartbeat issue as Stephan Lichtsteiner a while back.

22. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Not exactly recent news with some of these points below, but still worth noting:

• Sivok has joined Maccabi Petah Tikva in Israel on a free transfer. Besides links to Sparta, he had mentioned an interest in coming to play in the MLS.
    • Pavlenka transferred to Werder Bremen from Slavia.
    • Kalas will spend another year on loan with Fulham.
    • Novak has yet to leave Midtjylland, but a switch to a better league seems imminent.
    • Necid has returned to Bursaspor after a miserable year, but appears to be close to another loan move. A number of Dutch clubs are tracking him.
    • Not really a national team candidate in recent years, but Ondrej Mazuch has moved to Hull City.
    • Simic will likely be loaned out by AC Milan again. One of the teams that had expressed interest was Freiburg.
    • It's more "old news" but Arsenal are continuing to monitor Jankto.
    • Mateju appears to be on a trial with Brighton (similar to Mazuch with Hull) and then he should officially sign.

We actually seem to have quite a few guys playing abroad nowadays, but still lack that meaningful presence in the top leagues/clubs which will improve the national team in the long run.

23. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Ondrej Mazuch hopefully can get a starting spot for Hull. They are looking to be a decent club in the championship.

Not surprised about Kalas. I just wonder why Fulham hasn't bought him yet. Last season Fulham went on a long hot streak largely because of the Kalas-Ream center back pairing.

We have quite a few young players around Europe. Hopefully some can break through and get more minutes. Schick for one needs to get his future sorted. If he is not leaving, he needs to be the starting striker at his club. I don't know how he wasn't.

24. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sounds like Dockal is nearing a move to MLS to play for Philadelphia. Much better fit than China to be IMO, but being on a different continent is still likely to keep him on the fringes of our National team player pool.

May go to one of the matches between Philadelphia and a NY team if true.

25. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think that would make him the first Czech to ever play in the MLS