Czechs abroad [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Jan 22, 2007.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #276 ASU55RR, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    I think a good move for Rosicky and Sparta, they desperately need a play-maker (especially when Dockal is injured) and the less rigorous league schedule should prolong Rosicky's fitness for the remainder of his career. Sivok would be a huge return for them, their defense is terrible and I'm not convinced that bringing back Michal Kadlec didn't make it worse. Vaclav Kadlec would be a bit redundant at this point.

I believe that this season's domestic champion will automatically qualify for Champions League group stages, which considering how poorly Sparta has been in qualifying their last few chances is something they likely want to avoid.

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It seems like Sparta will walk the league if they can sign a quality defender. Their squad is already so damn good, but I guess it has to be since they are competing in Europa league and have a tough group.

Kadlec, Rosicky, Brabec, Vacha, Dockal, Marecek, Frydek, Lafata, Sural, and Koubek all have been with the national team within the last few matches. That is a crazy squad.

3. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I'm afraid this talented Sparta squad is and will continue to be stalled by Scasny. I'm not at all convinced he can manage this group of players, let alone figure out the best XI (which he still hasn't accomplished in his entire tenure).

While their domestic results don't suggest any defensive concerns, they certainly exist and should only worsen in Europe. Again, I have no confidence in Scasny to solve these issues. This is a manger who put his job security in the hands of Holek and Kadlec.

I guess Sparta will sign Sivok on a free transfer next year, though looking back, they probably should have lured him in this year instead of Kadlec, a player on the decline since 2013 and still going strong in that regard.

Rosicky will be a great addition for Sparta and the league. Hopefully this draws a greater interest towards the domestic league not just from Czechs, but from anyone that may have followed him at Dortmund and Arsenal.

4. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Brabec to K.R.C. Genk in Belgium.

5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Good signing for him.

6. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Monaco offered Hertha 12 million Euros for Darida the other day, but the bid was rejected. Hertha have Darida valued at 15 million Euros. Another good season and he'll likely be worth 20.

7. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It's crazy considering they got him for free last summer. I am also surprised Herta didn't look to cash in on Darida. I mean he was alright for Freiburg so who knows if Darida can keep his level of play up. Hope he does well again obviously.

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    There's an interesting Czech striker prospect named Vasil Kusej on Dynamo Dresden's U17 team. The 16 year old is currently the joint scoring leader in the B-Junior North-East division with 5 goals and 2 assists through 3 match days.

*(B-Junior is the U17 tier within the German youth league system, which is then organized into 3 different regional divisions)

http://www.transfermarkt.com/vasil-kusej/profil/spieler/396235

9. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Considering how well Krejci has started in Italy that would be a good amount of upside. Just wish those performances would reach the national team.

11. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    He just recently made his U17 debut for the national team as well. Interesting prospect, hopefully he continues to develop.

12. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Hopefully that doesn't become a recurring theme, as seen before with Cech, Plasil, Suchy, and now more recently, Darida. It's impressive how influential those players are for their clubs, yet they've all crumbled on the international stage at some point.

By contrast, Kaderabek always performs well for the national team, but we hardly ever hear of him with Hoffenheim. Admittedly, I don't watch him at club level, though I get the impression that he hasn't actually improved much since moving abroad.

It's an issue that's nearly impossible to solve. Take Rosicky and Sivok for example. Both have struggled with injuries that have derailed their club careers (not as much in the latter I'll admit), yet they've still been our most reliable players for the last five/six years.

13. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #288 ASU55RR, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    Bologna (Krejci) is playing Sampdoria (Schick) in Serie A. Krejci starting and Schick is starting on the bench (both as usual so far this season).

Currently 2-0, Krejci has assisted on both of Bologna's goals. Hopefully Schick comes on with some time to get involved.

Edit: Schick on in the 53rd minute. Krejci off to an ovation in the 73rd minute.

14. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The Bologna-Sampdoria match is finishing up, Sampdoria went down to 10-men and seemingly lost the ability or will to attack afterwords. Schick did help set up one of their rare scoring opportunities in the 2nd half before that though. Krejci was heavily involved for Bologna even beyond his two assists.

I've shifted focus over to Germany for my work place background, as Gebre Selassie's Werder Bremen seem to actually be trying not to suck... something that's been difficult for them this season. But for the moment they are ahead of Mainz 1-0.

15. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Seems like Krejci is doing very well for Bologna already. Our next Nedved?? But seriously that was a great move for him. Glad he is doing well. Schick also is young and seems to be in a good place.

16. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    And Werder Bremen continue to suck. Drobny starting as well. I also noticed that Kaderabek has been played at left-back in Hoffenheim's last two games in what seems to be a potential solution to a troublesome position for them. Would imagine it'll be temporary as I don't think he'd be that effective on his offside.

Very good updates from Italy. I'd like to see Schick with the A team for our next games. A call up appears imminent based on what Jarolim said a few weeks ago. It may even come at the expense of Necid, who has carried over his club struggles from the latter half of last season.

Brabec made the TOTW in Belgium following his first start against Anderlecht of all teams.

17. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Kadarabek to left back solves a lot of our issues to be honest. Selassie and Kadarabek are too good to not be on the pitch for us.

18. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Werder Bremen finally wins and Theo was the stoppage time hero on a header off a corner kick.

Vydra scored for Derby County, but in what was ultimately a losing effort against Blackburn.

19. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Losing to Blackburn. That is pitiful.

20. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Kaderabek had an assist (from the left side) for Hoffenheim in a 2-1 victory over Schalke (who have been awful this year).

Good week for many of our players abroad.

21. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    A few injury concerns with Kalas and Pudil who both missed out over the weekend, but overall, a good few weeks. Hopefully Kalas is fit for these next games. I'm hearing he's been one of the best players for Fulham this season.

I think Novak is our LB for the future. Looks like a very clever and skillful player from what I've seen of him.

Schick featured for Sampdoria today. Subbed on in the 55th minute.

22. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Jankto starting and scoring against Juventus. :thumbsup:

23. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I saw that. I was hoping Udinese would hold on for a point. Our Czech players in Italy seem to be doing alright.

24. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  25. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    They have Salah on the right who is currently dominating, but their left side is a little weak. El Shaarawy and Perotti are their wingers outside of Salah who Krejci is probably better than both. It could be a decent move. He would have a much better midfield behind him and would likely be in the champs league next season.