Czech national team [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  2. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Not to be a "Eurosnob", but Fifa rankings don't take into account competition. We are behind 2 North American teams and 3 Asian, I highly doubt any team from AFC would qualify to a tournament from UEFA and only Mexico would have a good chance from Concacaf. Of course, it also remains to be seen if we do...

It also clearly counts results from several years, because Slovakia at at 31 are in decline now that all their talent is getting older (and we beat them twice recently).

3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    [​IMG]
    1 Striker again. Don't know what we do if Schick gets hurt.

4. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Krmencik was on his way back from injury, but went off after about a half-hour last match. He's only shown small flashes of his former self... but still probably would get the call up just on competition. I'm guessing Necid is a lock for one of the other spots... after that it is grim unless we call up a youth player. Skoda isn't starting at Slavia, but of older options would be choice since he at least can be good for set pieces.

I guess the other call up will be on the wing, Darida is back just in time for Pavelka to be injured, which I guess explains Husbauer's return... he's playing well at the club level but he doesn't work on the national team as he offers zero defensive work-rate.

Defense is what it is, but surprised we went with Brabec over Kudela.

5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Kalas is apparently out injured now too, so I suspect that will be Kudela filling in.

6. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I'd be tempted to slot Kaderabek at right wing, Jankto left wing, and have Soucek, Kral, and Darida as our center mids.

Coufal is decent at right back, and we really do lack a good right mid. Kaderabek plays as a wingback/winger so it can work.

ASU55RR repped this.
  7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Krmencik's recent knock must have been minor, he started today and has a goal for Plzen already in the first half. If he is healthy, a still rusty Krmencik is along with Necid much better than the other reserve striker options.

8. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Pretty much consistent with what he's called since he's been in charge. My initial reaction was the lack of any of Hlozek, Sadilek, and Matousek. I can understand having them give the U21s a boost for the beginning of their qualifying campaign, but I think at least Hlozek and Sadilek are ready for the A team and will hopefully be integrated into the team in the lead up to the Euros.

Not a fan of Husbauer at all in the national team. He simply isn't able to keep up on the European stage.

I'd like to see Simic called up to replace Kalas. He's been starting for Hajduk Split.

Necid should've been named in the initial squad, but he'll likely be added anyways. Crazy to think he's just 30 now. Feels like he's been around forever. A nice depth option if he continues to have a good season. He's definitely still better than any of Kozak, Dolezal, Skoda, etc.

Vaclik in goal. Kaderabek, Celustka, Suchy, Novak as the back four. Soucek, Kral, Darida as the midfield with Jankto and Kopic on the wings. Schick up front. That's what I think is the most likely lineup anyways, but I like the suggestion of Kaderabek on the wing too.

ASU55RR repped this.
  9. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Can't say I'm too concerned by Montenegro, not saying it'll be easy for us again away, but looking at the rosters they may be missing even more players and Kosovo in general appears the much bigger challenge of these 2 matches.

10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    5 Players added

Simic :thumbsup:
    Krmencik :thumbsup:
    Kalvach :thumbsup:
    Krejci :cautious:
    Dolezal :mad:

Kalvach has been Plzen's best player by quite some distance this season, I don't expect him to play as we aren't lacking central midfield options, but pleasantly surprised to see him on the radar at all with how slow we are to bring in new players. Simic getting a chance in a weak backline, and Krmencik back is good news. Krejci is... fine I guess. Dolezal is not a national team player at his best, and is even rubbish at the club level this season. Is Necid injured or uninterested?

11. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Maybe Silhavy just forgot Necid existed.

I don't understand why Necid wouldn't get a call up. I mean Kozak was called up last matches so we are clearly desperate for strikers.

12. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #1362 ASU55RR, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  13. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Simic has always come across as an intelligent guy in the little I've heard from him. Hopefully he'll become a regular national team member now. I still feel he can play in a top league one day and be our first choice CB in a few years.

14. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Bad match to be traveling west for, it is very early. I also doubt I'll have enough connection for more than text updates to my phone, but I'm leaning a bit towards expecting a draw. We've actually not had a draw in over 20 matches apparently.

15. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Can't finish our chances so far. Worries me a bit that Kosovo will be able to knick another goal.

16. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yup that is what I feared. This will really hurt us.

17. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The first Kosovo goal was a collective moment of idiocy from the backline. Celustka played a terrible pass to Schick who couldn't control it which lead to Kosovo's break. However, it was extremely weak defending from Suchy. It's concerning that he still continues to have one detrimental moment almost every game in the national team.

I don't even know wtf happened on the second Kosovo goal, but as already mentioned, I too worried we'd concede another at 1-1. Kosovo deserve credit sure, but we also do our fair share of making our opponents look way more threatening than they really are with our hesitant and ultimately indecisive defending.

Not impressed with Silhavy's management in the slightest either. Brings off Schick first at the hour mark tied at 1-1 (I understand he is one yellow card away from suspension), but unless we were ahead, he must be on the field. Krmencik is clearly in poor form and Dolezal I won't even comment on.

The only player on the bench who could've had an impact somehow remained there in Kopic... Even though Kral never really clicked today, I'd have brought Kopic on and moved Jankto centrally, who appeared to be one of our more active players, and not a useless player like Husbauer.

Assuming we win in Montenegro and hopefully comfortably to fix our goal differential, them and Bulgaria are not even in the picture for second place. Kosovo at least has to face England twice and then us away, so we can make up ground. We just have to beat everyone that's not England, which was the goal from the start anyways.

Basically our game plan now and probably for the next little while is to have Schick out score whatever our defence concedes.

18. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    While Silhavy is a big improvement over Jarolim, he is too conservative for me. I think he will only make changes as a result of injury for the most part so I don't know if we will be getting Hlozek or Sadilek this cycle, much less any other younger options.

His subs were all like-for-like and the 10 minutes leading up to their 2nd goal it was clear we needed a change.

- Suchy should no longer be treated as an automatic starter.
    - Masopust is too technically limited to be the right midfielder, he is good enough to be a sub, but we either need to start Kopic or try a Coufal/Kaderabek right side.

19. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yea Silhavy didn't make the smartest decisions. He subbed off Schick at 1-1 which even at 1-1 I was pretty confused about. I know a tie would have been alright for us, but it's Kosovo. We really should be beating them. I know they are on great form, but they were in the bottom of the nations league, and have yet to play any real good nations. We had more chances, but couldn't finish. Krmencik was a dumb sub. He did nothing for us except miss a decent chance in extra time to tie it.

Our defense is so bad, so I get why Silhavy plays a more defensive midfield, but I'd rather see us move Kaderabek to right mid, and essentially play a 5-4-1 on defense, then a 3-5-1-1 on attack.

20. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Changes that I want to see later:

Simic in for Suchy
    Kopic in for Masopust

Changes I expect to see later

I think we win 0-2.

21. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think Kopic in for Masopust is a must. I'd like to see Simic in action eventually, but I doubt a change at CB will happen today. I could see Novak replacing Boril too.

I don't think we need a change in midfield (at least when Husbauer is the next in line) though I'd rather Kral play deeper beside Soucek and have Darida more advanced.

Another 3-0 win would be great here. If so, we're setting ourselves up for a showdown with Kosovo in November.

22. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The starting central midfield is fine, but if we are going to use a sub it should be Kalvach since he is more of a 6/multi-purpose midfielder that is a requirement with this squad.

I'm not sure how long it will take for national team managers to realize that Husbauer's style of 10 play requires a team that dominates possession and doesn't need defensive help from midfield... we are definitely not that.

23. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #1373 adam CZ, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Looks like the only change will be Coufal for Kaderabek according to UEFA...

To be fair, Coufal probably deserves a chance given that Kaderabek hasn't really performed for the national team with the standard expected of him. However, a change like this is not the one we need right now. Unless Coufal will suddenly turn Masopust into a world class winger..

24. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I assume Kaderabek must have a small knock or be under the weather... Coufal is perfectly fine, but that is down the list of changes to be considered.

25. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    [​IMG]

What... Feel like the line-up only got worse