Czech national team [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Aug 14, 2008.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Dockal has been named captain for tomorrow. I didn't realized just how inexperienced this roster is until I saw the article mention he's our 2nd most experienced player (after Gebre Selassie) with 35 caps.

I still like the 4-4-2 diamond mentioned earlier since it lets Vydra play as a 2nd striker, but I've seen a few proposed variations of 4-5-1 assuming Silhavy sticks with his more favored formation, my favorite probably being:

Vaclik : Gebre Selassie - Celustka - Brabec - Novak : Soucek - Barak - Kaderabek - Dockal - Jankto : Schick

In any case, I'll be watching the matches in Germany due to work travel, so having fun trying to find German TV schedules with google translate to see if I will need to stream or not... I had originally hoped to make it over to Brno and possibly even go to Trnava for the Slovakia match although it was just too far out of the way for my schedule.

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The game is on espn in the states so there will be plenty of streams available.

You can check reddit.com/r/soccerstreams tomorrow. They are really good at finding HD free streams.

3. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I'd be okay with that lineup. Hard to really predict some spots with a new coach. Obviously Silhavy will need time to settle in, but I expect a much better performance and attitude compared to September. Though I don't think we could possibly do any worse, so anything should be an improvement.

Looking forward to a fresh start and it sounds like the players are too. No better opponent to play than this one given the current situation.

4. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia

Mixed feelings on this lineup... Defense is correct, but...

-I've never been a fan of Vydra on the wing, I don't think it's his position
    -Unless we believe this midfield can control possession fairly well (difficult against a veteran Slovak midfield), Schick should start. Krmencik is a goal scorer that mostly has value in the final third, where as Schick has a more complete game and can help link-up play.

Zmrhal is playing well lately and was one of few players that showed the slightest glimpse of anything again Ukraine, but something must be off with Jankto lately that every manager (national team and club) seems to be keeping him on the bench.

5. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    This is strange. Defence looks good (well, the best it can possibly be), but the rest is meh. Having all three of Barak, Jankto, and Schick on the bench is unacceptable.

6. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Well I am glad I am not the only one wondering why arguably our 3 best players are on the bench.

I hope this is a tactical thing, but Vydra is not a winger. He is a striker or sort of attacking mid.

7. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Krmencik v Skrtel already shaping up

8. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Unlucky not to be ahead as Dubravka made a great save on the effort from distance earlier. While we don't look amazing, it is noticeably better than in the last few matches. Defense is holding it's own and we are pressing when we have the ball.

9. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    If Krmencik can bait Skrtel into a red card it would go a long way to justify his selection. I appreciate his physical ability and effort, but would still rather a better passer up front.

Overall this has been a better half than our last several matches.

10. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The fact that we actually have a game plan is very encouraging. I can't remember the last time we played with any strategy.

11. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    If we can continue to stifle them for another 15-20 minutes, then it'd be a perfect time to bring on Schick and Jankto.

12. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We seem organized defensively, but our offense is severly lacking. Dockal is playing too deep and not influencing the game enough. Our left side has also been nonexistant. I'd love to see Barak and Schick come on.

13. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Maybe I need to keep complaining about Dockal because that was a great pass to Krmencik, and he did very well to control that pass and score.

14. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    So like I said, Krmencik must start... :p

Nice through ball from I think Dockal, although definitely caught the defense napping a bit

15. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Damn, that was just a really good corner.

16. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Fantastic play by Dockal to get that cross in and well placed header. It's a shame that Schick and Krmencik have been so poor together, as they do both have abilities to contribute.

17. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  18. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Skrtel should be off and we should have had a penalty

19. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Inexperience really showed toward the end, when you are protecting a lead don't play direct to anything but the corner flag. That said the way we played I was still oddly optimistic that we'd hold on.

We now have a chance to challenge Ukraine after looking like the obvious relegation team.

20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I wouldn’t get to excited. We have to go to Ukraine and win now which is hard. Hopefully we will beat Slovakia at home too.

21. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Exactly the result we needed. Defence was organized and solid for the most part, while our quality attacking players stepped up when called upon. While you wouldn't want to change a winning lineup, I feel we conceded too much possession. I still would prefer to see Schick and at least one of Barak/Jankto from the start against Ukraine.

If I had to choose a top three, I'd say Dockal, Celustka, and then split the third between Krmencik and Schick for their goals. I also thought Vydra didn't play too bad either, forcing a couple good saves from Dubravka.

Pavelka and Soucek did their job from a defensive and tactical standpoint, but ideally you'd replace one of them with Barak or Darida for more possession and creativity.

Skevin and ASU55RR repped this.
  22. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Ukraine will be tough, especially being a must win. I won't be too disappointed if we don't win provided w at least continue to play better than before.

I think I voted Dockal, Krmencik and Schick on iSport, but this was the first time in a while it was hard to pick a top 3 since there were a few other strong performances. Celustka definitely made a case for continued inclusion in the team for example

Also very hard to pick a worst 3 since nobody really played just terrible..

23. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Kaderabek did not travel with the team to Ukraine due to health concerns. Given Silhavy's decision to replace him with Novak and shift Selassie over to RB against Slovakia, can only assume we'll continue with that.

I also believe Soucek is suspended for yellow card accumulation, so I'd expect Barak will join Pavelka and Dockal in midfield.

I'd still additionally make other (rather obvious) changes, but Barak, Dockal, Jankto, Vydra, and Schick all starting seems too good to be true...

24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I'd play Schick at LW or RW to get him into the team. Krmencik deserves to stay in. He is our Diego Costa. Very annoying to play against as a defender.

I think we will see Schick replace Zmhral, and Barak will come in for Soucek.

Vydra I like as an impact sub, but he will likely stay at RW.

25. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Schick on the wing rarely works at Roma, although I guess neither really does he at striker, but at least he's playing well for us. I would think it is more likely that Jankto starts on the left, while Zmrhal wasn't particularly bad he didn't have that much of an impact* and probably better as a sub behind Jankto (*other than bringing the ball forward on the 2nd goal build up). Barak makes the most sense for Soucek.

I'm wonder if Schick and Krmencik can ever form a striker partnership. I previously assumed no because it looked terrible every time it's been attempted, but to be fair we as a team just looked really really bad under Jarolim. The fact that we at least looked like and even defeated a decent UEFA national team is already a big step forward from our previous 4 matches. I wouldn't want to experiment in a competitive match though.

I am hoping to at least be able to catch the 2nd half of the match.