Czech League football 2016 and on

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by ASU55RR, Aug 29, 2016.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Well Plzen is very strong at home, but yes from the what I heard of the first half Sparta have more or less given up.

Whoever is next in charge for Sparta has a massive rebuilding job as they are far behind the top 2. It definitely didn't help that Dockal got injured soon after arriving.

2. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Oh FFS, Plzen now up 4-0. Sparta should be sent to the relegation group.

Philadelphia's revenge!

3. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    I feel like we are doing our best to draw this season out. So many shots but we can't get a lead.

4. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Phew, I'm not liking these nail biting finishes but at least we stay 5 clear of Plzen, and Sparta got destroyed. Not a championship yet, but still a rich full day.:laugh:

ASU55RR repped this.
  5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The big match results of the day:

Plzen 4 - 0 Sparta: Plzen massacred a rather hapless looking Sparta to keep the pressure on Slavia.

Slavia 2 - 1: Jablonec: Slavia come back to take the lead and keep the important 5 point cushion going into the last 2 matches

From Yesterday
    Banik Ostrava 0 - Slovan Liberec 1: Ostrava are falling apart, and Liberec has now passed them for 5th place. The Silesian's may need the cup to have a chance at Europe.

Bohemians 1905 1 - 4 Pribram: Pribram leapfrog Bohemians to be clear of the bottom 3 in a match that Matousek just kind of took over. Different topic, but definitely hope he can develop a more complete game because his natural athleticism is something our national team needs.

Karvina 3 - 0 Dukla: Dukla are now relegated, some people seem sad about this because their early years in the topflight were entertaining. I say good riddance, low budget team with no fans. Karvina are getting results lately, but they dug such an early season hole that most likely will be in the relegation playoff.

Slovacko 4 - 1 Opava: these teams look safe, so just bonus points for Slovacko. Opava still have a little work to do to avoid playoff.

For what it's worth, I don't see any scenario in which Slavia loses 2 in a row, I think you can breath easy. Your most likely going to win the double the way Banik is playing.

6. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Brno 5 - 0 Trinec
    Pardubice 0 - 0 Hradec Kralove

With that Zbrojovka has guaranteed the final promotion playoff space, and will most likely take on one of Pribram or Bohemians. Not really getting my hopes up against either (think Bohemians is the better match up), but I never would have guessed we'd make it this far so a massive accomplishment by the team to rally from a slow start.

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The championship group matches later today
    Sparta - Jablonec
    Liberec - Plzen
    Ostrava - Slavia

Slavia can win the title today with a single point or if Plzen fail to win.

8. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    2019 Champions!
    [​IMG]

We get to have our home trophy celebration against Sparta, probably the closest those visiting fans will get to trophy for a while :ROFLMAO: .

ASU55RR repped this.
  9. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Liberec 0 - 2 Plzen
    Sparta 2 - 0 Jablonec
    Ostrava 0 - 0 Slavia (result wins the league)

An underwhelming result to win a title on. Still, completely deserved, best team and manager all season. Strong foundation to be even better next season too, definitely expect to see Slavia in Champions League.

10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Slavia and Ostrava will play for the MOL Cup in Olomouc later today. For Ostrava it is a chance to salvage a season that is slipping away from them within the superstructure, and secure a place in European football. For Slavia it is an attempt to win the double, for how often on team seems to completely dominate our league for a few years (90s and early 2000s Sparta, Plzen 2011-2011) winning the double is a surprisingly rare accomplishment only happening 3 times (and all won by Sparta).

11. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    I am hoping for Champions League, but I feel we will wind up with a stupid playoff draw like Ajax.

I definitely think we will win the cup today though, although we have looked worn out the last few matches. I understand the league wanting more quality matches, but for teams that have been playing competitive matches since late July this season is too long.

12. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Slavia up a goal already on a penalty, and Baros did not take the wise veteran approach getting a red card from the bench for his protesting and won't get a chance to play in a Czech cup final for the first (and likely last) time... Not looking good for Ostrava.

13. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Slavia now up 2 with only about 10 minutes left beautiful pass from Kral springs Masopust making a diagonal run. The winter signings again coming up big.

14. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
  15. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    FT Slavia 2 : 0 Banik

A double for Slavia for the first time. This I believe puts Sparta directly into Europa League next year as Slavia and Plzen will be in the Champions League route so the automatic EL spot goes to 3rd place.

16. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It's possible but it will be an Ajax with at least 2 of their best players gone, Slavia benefits from the fact its best players (Stoch, Deli, and Ngadeu) are mostly in their prime rather than young. The exception is Soucek who is almost certainly gone, but you have Kral, Traore, and whoever they sign to replace Soucek... Sevcik and Husbauer too (although I feel that Slavia has outgrown him based on recent criticisms).

Most of the playoff teams are at or below your level.

Next year Kral is almost certainly gone, but not going anywhere this summer.

I mean, your playing the same amount as any Europa or Champions League level team in any legit league. A Ligue 1 or EPL team plays 38 league matches, in the Superstructure you play 35 of which about 10-12 are big league level. You played 14 Europeans matches and I think 5 cup matches; so 53 matches in total... it's not nothing, but honestly better than playing 30 matches (only 6-8 are quality) August-November and March-May. Makes our league more well conditioned and players prepared for big clubs in my opinion.

This isn't like a lecture, but more matches is just modern football to some degree. Congrats on a massive season.

17. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Mlada Boleslav defeated Zlin 4-3 on aggregate to advance to a playoff against 5th place (either Liberec or Ostrava) for a spot in Europa League. While the strangest part of the superstructure in my opinion, the Europa League playoff made for some of the most entertaining matches of season.

That Europa league spot and relegation battles the only placements left to be decided.

18. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The Promotion/Relegation battles are set:

Zbrojovka Brno - Pribram
    Karvina - Jihlava

Bohemians 1905 stayed safe by goal difference vs Pribram.

Brno capped off an amazing run to close out the season with a 6-1 victory over Jihlava (who admittedly didn't have much to contest).

19. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Final matches of the superstructure:

Slavia 2 - 1 Sparta
    Jablonec 1 - 0 Liberec
    Plzen 1 - 1 Ostrava

Ostrava's point is enough to get 5th place, they will play Mlada Boleslav in a playoff for the final Europa League spot.

In 2.Liga

Viktoria Zizkov pulled off a miracle comeback from certain doom to avoid relegation. Sending Znojmo and MAS Taorsko down to the regional leagues.

I know that Brno - Pribram is next Wednesday and Sunday so I assume all the playoffs will be that schedule.

20. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It's early in the first leg, but I don't think Brno is going :(

It's nice to see a mostly full stadium in Brno though.

21. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #371 ASU55RR, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Brno - Pribram is definitely a matchup of two teams with lower mid-table 1. Liga offensive players and lower mid-table 2. Liga table defensive (that may be generous).

Strangely no VAR in this match, it both denied Brno a penalty and gave us a goal after a handball.

22. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #372 ASU55RR, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    And we are ahead! After getting burned twice in the first 15 minutes our defense realized that if you just crowd Matousek that Pribram has little else that is dangerous outside of set pieces. Plus their defense is so bad that once you apply pressure the defense pulls back.

That said, while better than we started, I still don't like our chances unless we take a two goal lead into the return leg.

23. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    and.... Matousek burns us a 3rd time late. It will 3-3 going into the return leg, not great, but we aren't done either like it seemed after 10 minutes.

Honestly would feel a lot better if Slavia recalled him as an injury concern for the 2nd leg, because the rest of Pribram is definitely a 2. Liga team overall.

24. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    I guess you have a point, but the structure still seems weird, if you have extra matches they should still be home and away instead of luck of the draw.

I don't really have a preference on team, but am happy to hear Matousek is performing well to end the year. We need a goal scorer if we are going to do better than Europa League.

I will say it It is crazy that a city the size of Brno doesn't have a team in the league.

25. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Mlada Boleslav in Europa League

Karvina and Pribram both stay in 1. Liga as Jihlava and Brno both failed to win promotion playoffs. :(

Pribram staying up is pointless they have no support and their only good player is a Slavia player on loan.