Czech League football 2016 and on

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by ASU55RR, Aug 29, 2016.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Slavia have apparently completed the signing Bohemians's Abdulla Jusuf as well, the first Bahraini to play in Europe has been a revelation so far this season. That said this is a case of Slavia using their wealth to take a chance on a player that has only shown for a few months. It may make them better for a Champions League run or it may not, but it definitely does make Bohemians worse... At some point these moves do more harm to the mid-table teams than bolster the top.

2. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    This crucial winter window for Sparta seems to be going completely awry at the moment.

It seems their current #10 and highest valued player Nicolae Stanciu is looking for an exit, any exit.

They wanted Kral and Jusuf, both of whom signed with Slavia.

The player that most wants to come to Sparta is Dockal, and his Chinese team isn't negotiating at the moment so that is also very up in the air.

It's a rough situation to start in for Rosicky, he has 2 years of very expensive mismanagement to try and fix and an impatient fan base.

urtel repped this.
  3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Some better news for Sparta, they are finalizing the signing of Jablonec central defender David Lischka who is a very promising young player in a position they need reinforcement. They also signing Jablonec's right back Matej Hanousek, who is a solid player but not sure he adds much they don't have.

4. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    And immediately back to bad news, this move has been stopped as the medical examination revealed a potential heart issue. There will obviously be additional tests and it may be solvable, but always creates the possibility that a youth national player will be retiring at 21.

5. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    What do you think his chances are? Is he going to bring in some aging Czech players or focus on bringing players off to sell?

6. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It's too early to say for sure, but I haven't seen any reason to say that he will have much immediate success. Some of it though is just the situation they are in which will not be a quick fix, but their transfer window so far seems like a team that is only reacting rather than implementing a plan.

I do think there will definitely be attempts to add more Czech players (both young and older) at Sparta. Their fans are quite provincial anyway and expect to have players with some attachment to the club other than a contract. They have derisively referred to the current squad as "Romanians" and mercenaries. That is why so many want Dockal even though they don't really need a #10, it's because he loves the club and think he'd give the team a missing Czech heart.

urtel repped this.
  7. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Thanks for the insight! It's hard to keep up to date or even watch games in the US.

8. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    You're a Sparta fan? It's actually fairly easy to find streams for their matches compared to smaller clubs. While I think Sparta have a lot of changes needed, they definitely still have some talent to work with. Benjamin Tetteh especially has all the skill attributes of a top striker, although he is already attracting large transfer offers from England so he may be moving on this winter.

9. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    I'm trying to pay more attention. I started watching Sparta in the good old days back when they were in Champions' League. Since then, I've been spread pretty thin with life but I'm trying. This thread has been pretty much the only source of news.