Current Jia A news

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by topcow, Jul 28, 2002.

1. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    I must say, this got to be the boringest Jia A season since the start of the chinese league.

There's no relegation. The Champion will most likely be Dalian Shide again, and no more Cup Winners Cup and Club Championship for next year.

The only thing I guess is to qualify for the afc champions league for 2003. (if any one how this works, tell me)

Shanghai Shenhua with all their big stars is second to last. Xu Genbao, the head coach who was suppose to bring Shanghai their second title was just canned.

Fan Zhiyi is leaving for his European season at Dundee while Qu Bo is going to Spurs for a trial.

No big news to report, the only thing I am hoping for is for Shanghai Shenhua to get a better coach.

2. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    I used to play for the Jia G Division.

3. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I thought it would be the Bo G division that you used to play for.

4. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    I think the new head coach for Shanghai Shenhua is Wu Jin Gui. He is a chinese and he played professional soccer in Gremany(not bundesliga, the lower division) many years ago. I am not sure if he is a good coach. You forgot to mention that Li tie and Li Wei Feng are going to Everton next week.

5. yetanotherkim

yetanotherkim New Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    I read an article by Qingdao coach Lee Jang-Soo that C-League attendance has fallen drastically after the WC.

I believe the Chinese football scene will bounce back again as soon as the Asian Youth Championship gets under way.

6. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    qu bo is also on trial at tottenham.

not sure if he will get a work permit though.

7. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Chinese FA is asking the British authority to include Qu's World Youth Championship matches into his cap count. Without these matches he's only around 60% - not quite the 75% required by the English FA for a non-EU player.

8. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000